Is he a 'Franchise QB'?: Mark Sanchez

Is Mark Sanchez a 'Franchise QB'?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sanchez has done alright for himself so far and has led the Jets to some AFC title games and he's still relatively young.

The thing is Sanchez doesn't need to be amazing to get the job done as the Jet's are a pretty solid team when they want to be, he just has to be good enough to get them the win and with the team surrounding him I think he can be the franchise guy based on the team around him.

He hasn't won a Superbowl or anything but he's done much better than most NFL QB's with the amount of years Sanchez has under his belt, he still hasn't reached his peak yet as he has better years ahead of him. I don't see why Sanchez couldn't be a franchise QB.

Do I think he's necessarily a franchise QB at this moment? No but I think he's a lot closer than most think. Frankly I don't think he's been given a fair shot yet it seems that because at 25 years old he hasn't won the Superbowl yet he gets a bad rep. He isn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but he doesn't need to be. He needs to improve, his numbers aren't that great but I think that comes from basically rookie mistakes, the guy has only been in the NFL for 3 years. You can't judge a person on that. Eli didn't look like a franchise QB 3 years in either but good luck saying that now.

How can you possibly know everyone's biased against him in this thread? Isn't it possible that numerous people that've responded against Sanchez are perfectly reasonable and objective? Or are you still going on with that notion that everyone else is completely wrong?
Because 9/10ths of the posts in the thread are by people who despise the Jets and Sanchez. They fucking admit it even in this very thread.

Sanchez didn't deserve that contract extension. He failed to even get his team to the playoffs. He's lucky to be a in a division that features the Bills and Dolphins, two largely unsuccessful teams that allowed the Jets' average-at-best record of 2011 look much better, as the Jets managed 2nd place in the division. Imagine if he were in a more competitive division- he and Jets wouldn't be looking so hot. Let's not forget they got swept by the winner of said division, the Pats, this past year. The Jets took a clear step back and he got an extension. He had an average year at best. Why exactly does he deserve it so much? And I'd argue he's had far more bad to sub-par games that he's known for than good ones. Ask anyone that.
Again, the contract extension was a salary cap move that gave the Jets a very inexpensive QB if he pans out. If he doesn't, they cut him loose after 2 years for no additional money.

And yeah, he has had success and earned a contract extension. You don't win 4 road playoffs games by accident, and you don't outplay opposing Hall of Fame QBs by accident in the playoffs.

And if you think that the Jets are in a soft division with the New Fucking England Fucking Patriots, you are a fucking moron. And the Bills weren't that bad, either (and they'll be even better this year).

Brees is not a perfect example. He was plagued with injury, limiting his upside for some time. Aaron Rodgers is a horrible example, as you pointed out, because he wasn't on the field. Sanchez (unfortunately) was on the field, and looks shitty more often than not. He's gone from terrible in his first year to marginally good every once in a while. Still not great, and still not franchise material. Again, just because other's blossomed doesn't mean he can or will. He hasn't impressed, he's looked overwhelmed. Any flashes he shows are merely that- flashes. He's now in his 4th year. How much longer shall we wait? 5, 6, 7 years into his career?
The first injury Brees sustained was in the final game of the 2005 season, when he tore his labrum. Prior to that, he was replaced by Phil Rivers due to ineffectiveness, not injury. In 2003, he got benched for Doug Flutie. Doug Fucking Flutie, in 2003.

And when did I say wait 7 years into his career to judge? I have already said this is a do or die type season for Sanchez. If he fails this year he probably won't be there in 2014, unless his 2013 is so amazing they have to keep him. He's with the team through 2014, but it's for a reasonable number, and if he's ineffective, who knows if he'll even start.

He has still had far above average talent around him for the majority of his career at WR. Other guys do much more with less, that's just a fact. Let's not forget his stellar rungame in that first year that allowed his playaction to work, so don't discounr that time. He's had a stellar offense around him (O-Line is great), and he's the weak link. It's been made very clear over the years.
Actually, the offensive line was middle of the pack when it comes to pass protection. They had an excellent run-blocking offensive line, but they sucked at pass protection.

And having a great run game isn't good for a developing QB. He played in 15 games in 2009 and threw the ball 364 times, good for 25th in the NFL. When you don't throw the ball, it's hard to get in a rhythm and actually improve as a QB.

Um, actually his career TD-to-INT ratio is 55-51 (I'd say that's barely keeping it positive). But you just threw out his first year because, you know, "He was young" and that year didn't work for your argument. You can't just throw that year out. It's 1/3 of his pitiful career so far.
Did I say anything about his career? All I said is that he's not struggling to keep it positive. I said after a bad first year when he was -8, he's been +12 in the 2 years since, and he has not had any problems keeping it positive.

And Sanchez has had a way better then pitiful career so far.
Again, anyone with eyeballs that watches Giants & Jets games is laughing right now at you comparing the skill of Eli and Sanchez by trying to spin numbers. Eli's led the league in picks... also won 2 superbowls/2 superbowl MVPs. That tidbit of info clearly demonstrates the difference between the two.
And after Eli's third year, most Giants fans wanted to run Eli Manning out of town, then he went on and won 2 Super Bowls. I'd say that the comparison is fair.

That bolded sentence is especially laughable. Besides the numerous statistics and failures of Sanchez, the blow games, the INTs in big situations, etc etc, there's also the little thing of just watching the games. And if you do that (objectively) you can see that Sanchez looks more like Blaine Gabbert than, say, a franchise guy of Drew Brees or Tom Brady. THOSE are franchise guys. Not Blaine Gabbert. Not Mark Sanchez. The sooner the Jets realize that, the better.
What about the numerous successes? The +.500 record, the 4 playoff wins, the back to back AFC Championship games. Oh yeah, you refuse to give the kid credit because you want to disparage him. Sorry, but you try to make me out to be some sort of apologist, when you're doing the exact same thing. You take all his positive traits and brush them off as someone elses doing. Last I checked, he was the starting QB who won 4 road playoff games (and yeah, he won them. He out-played the other QB and won the games).

And again, you can't tell me he can't be one, unless you come from the future. He could throw for 5000 yards this year, you don't know. There is virtually no evidence to say he can't do it.

And maybe they are starting to with the hiring of Tebow. Because I can promise you that if they were truly confident, they'd hire a much quieter wildcat guy if they needed one so badly. They went with Tebow for a reason. To CHALLENGE Sanchez for the job. A challenge he will probably win, because he's slightly less shittier overall due to the fact that he can make plays with his legs.
No, they "hired" Tebow (it's called trading for, not hiring, this isn't Burger King) because they wanted a backup QB that poses more of a threat to light a fire under his ass. Kinda like how the Chargers drafted Phil Rivers, except the Jets don't have to eventually make the switch if/when Sanchez proves worthy.

As for "proof".. well, you have none either to say he can be a franchise guy.

All we have is his first years in the league which have shown to be underwhelming for the guy. Most of your argument is based on his "potential to get there". You're the one grasping at straws, whether you realize it or not. I'm basing my argument on watching him struggle more often than not in games and so far not have a successful career as a singular player so far. You're saying, "yeah, but he'll improve". Well, he's not there yet, and I don't see it happening. He's going to be 26, he's in his 4th year, and he still hasn't put it together. He's not a franchise guy that the Jets can rely on to win them big-time games and win them championships.
Except they have relied on him to win them big-time games, and he did. 4 of them. On the road. In the playoffs.

And the reason you say I don't have any evidence, is because there really is virtually no evidence for either side. As I already said, unless you have a time machine, you can't say either way what will happen.

I'll say it again: franchise guys are guys like Brees, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, the Mannings, etc.

If you really somehow think Mark Sanchez's name deserves to be with those guys' names as the Jets' franchise guy, then I truly feel bad for the Jets. Because we are in a golden-age of QB's right now, and a Jets Franchise QB needs to be better than a Mark Sanchez in order to stay in the same league and compete with the QB's of the elite teams.

Sanchez is not a Franchise guy. They wanted him to be their guy, but so far he's proven that he can't cut it. A fact anyone can and will tell you, as evidenced by the poll of 17-1 in this thread affirming he is not a franchise guy.
He isn't a franchise QB. Not right now. In 5 years the poll could be 17-1 saying he is. We don't know.

I never said he is a franchise QB. I don't know where you get that. All I said is that half the "franchise QBs" in the league took a similar path that Sanchez took. Brees failed before he started succeeding, as did Eli Manning. Sanchez could very easily follow that same path. He may not and end up being a bust. We don't know.

All I have said is that we don't know. Everyone else in the thread are time travelers who know for a fact that something will happen in the future. If that's the case, tell me who wins the 2014 Kentucky Derby so I can make sure to bet on that horse and win tons of money.

You want another example? Going into the 2011 season, there was virtually no evidence to say that Matt Overrated Stafford would throw for 5000 yards. He did it. Mark Sanchez could do the same thing, but we don't know, because we're not time travelers.

Because 9/10ths of the posts in the thread are by people who despise the Jets and Sanchez. They fucking admit it even in this very thread.

There are plenty of people also in this thread that have no biases, like myself, that can see the truth. And when you look past this thread, the general consensus on Sanchez is that he's not doing well as the Jets QB.

Again, the contract extension was a salary cap move that gave the Jets a very inexpensive QB if he pans out. If he doesn't, they cut him loose after 2 years for no additional money.

I don't know the monetary details of the contract, but if that's true, then that shouldn't make you feel any better then. In other words, they're giving themselves a possible cheap out. Very encouraging extension. Definitely deserves that, now that I know the details.

And yeah, he has had success and earned a contract extension. You don't win 4 road playoffs games by accident, and you don't outplay opposing Hall of Fame QBs by accident in the playoffs.

One of the statistically worse QB's in the league. You know Rex Grossman had a bunch of playoff wins too on the way to the Superbowl. Sanchez is a lot closer to Grossman than a franchise guy. And both can't cut it. The Bears carried Grossman then, just as the Jets carried Sanchez in those wins. And guess what, once the rest of the team declined, Sanchez couldn't even get this team to the playoffs this past year. Nor will he be able to this coming year with how the AFC looks. They won't be able to rely on that Wildcard anymore.

And if you think that the Jets are in a soft division with the New Fucking England Fucking Patriots, you are a fucking moron. And the Bills weren't that bad, either (and they'll be even better this year).

I never said a soft division. Just that there are more competitive divisions out there than don't have two dogs in them year in and year out. And yes, the Bills got very, very shitty. And they still embarrassed the Jets.

With your stance on Sanchez, I wouldn't be calling anyone else a moron. :lmao:

The first injury Brees sustained was in the final game of the 2005 season, when he tore his labrum. Prior to that, he was replaced by Phil Rivers due to ineffectiveness, not injury. In 2003, he got benched for Doug Flutie. Doug Fucking Flutie, in 2003.

Different systems and different injuries still plagued him and hindered him. For all your shitting on his early career, he was still able to put up good numbers during his early seasons and led his team one year to a 12-4 record, not to mention winning comeback POTY in 2004. He was much farther along back then than Sanchez is now. So to compare them is just silly. Not to mention that Flutie and Rivers were quite competent back then and legit competition. I can't wait until Tim Tebow replaces Sanchez this year, even worse than those names. Tim freakin' Tebow.

And when did I say wait 7 years into his career to judge? I have already said this is a do or die type season for Sanchez. If he fails this year he probably won't be there in 2014, unless his 2013 is so amazing they have to keep him. He's with the team through 2014, but it's for a reasonable number, and if he's ineffective, who knows if he'll even start.

You ARE saying that. Because you're saying we should hold off and not judge him on his failures (and there are a lot of them), and instead hang onto those playoff wins like they're the only thing that matters. Keep resting on those old laurels. And I don't understand these comments, as before you were quite sure Sanchez could be your franchise guy. Now you're giving yourself an out.

Actually, the offensive line was middle of the pack when it comes to pass protection. They had an excellent run-blocking offensive line, but they sucked at pass protection.

And having a great run game isn't good for a developing QB. He played in 15 games in 2009 and threw the ball 364 times, good for 25th in the NFL. When you don't throw the ball, it's hard to get in a rhythm and actually improve as a QB.

A good run game NEVER hurts a QB. NEVER. Please, you're sounding ridiculous now. Sanchez absolutely relied on the play action pass, and guess what made those passes possible? The real thread of the run game.

And did you ever consider that the Jets had to rely on the run game because, I don't know, they couldn't trust the passing game? I think that's much more likely.

And don't say the Jets haven't helped him along. They've surrounded him with talent, especially at WR (that you continue to downplay), and babied him for years, but now they actually have competition for him in Tebow.

Did I say anything about his career? All I said is that he's not struggling to keep it positive. I said after a bad first year when he was -8, he's been +12 in the 2 years since, and he has not had any problems keeping it positive.

Yes, yes he is struggling to keep it positive. 55-51 is struggling to keep it positive. No matter how you try to spin that ratio, it's barely positive. You can't argue against the numbers. A few bad games and all of a sudden he's on the negative side of that ratio.

And Sanchez has had a way better then pitiful career so far.

For where he was drafted, he's been a disappointment, bordering on a bust if he doesn't improve.

And after Eli's third year, most Giants fans wanted to run Eli Manning out of town, then he went on and won 2 Super Bowls. I'd say that the comparison is fair.

You continuing to compare Sanchez to Eli Manning is kind of appropriate in that it highlights the overall ridiculousness of your argument. I'm sure anyone reading is laughing when they see your numerous Sanchez comparisons to Manning.

You know, Jamarcus Russell was drafted #1. So was John Elway. Hey, they're prettyyyyyyy similar!

No, they are not.

What about the numerous successes? The +.500 record, the 4 playoff wins, the back to back AFC Championship games. Oh yeah, you refuse to give the kid credit because you want to disparage him. Sorry, but you try to make me out to be some sort of apologist, when you're doing the exact same thing. You take all his positive traits and brush them off as someone elses doing. Last I checked, he was the starting QB who won 4 road playoff games (and yeah, he won them. He out-played the other QB and won the games).

Who am I being an apologist for? Please answer this, I'd love to see your response.

If you want to rest on these laurels, then go ahead. You can keep resting on them until the day comes when Sanchez is released or traded. Whether you want to face it or not, Sanchez was the smallest of factors on those teams. If he were so good, he'd be able to replicate AT LEAST a playoff berth in his 3rd year (since, you know, he should've even improved), but the Jets didn't get there. Because the team that carried him there was a shell of its former self. And they're continuing to trend downward.

It's funny that you want to give Sanchez credit for the Jets success in his first year, yet you yourself turn around and admit his stats were so shitty in that year (and that those stats shouldn't count to his overall stats). You can't have it both ways. You can't agree to recognize his shitty stats, then give him credit for leading the team to the playoffs. You're being hypocritical.

The fact remains that the Jets got him there. And when the surrounding Jets sucked this past year, they didn't get him there. Sanchez is the constant, and when you remove the variable of the quality of his teammates (namely the Defense), he can't get it done. And he didn't, and he won't.

And again, you can't tell me he can't be one, unless you come from the future. He could throw for 5000 yards this year, you don't know. There is virtually no evidence to say he can't do it.

:lol: Throw for over 5,000 yards? Become the next franchise guy of the Jets?

Do you realize how much of a fanboy you are?

No, they "hired" Tebow (it's called trading for, not hiring, this isn't Burger King) because they wanted a backup QB that poses more of a threat to light a fire under his ass. Kinda like how the Chargers drafted Phil Rivers, except the Jets don't have to eventually make the switch if/when Sanchez proves worthy.

Tebow will overtake him. One shitty QB for another.

Except they have relied on him to win them big-time games, and he did. 4 of them. On the road. In the playoffs.

Yawn. Past laurels covering up his true talent, or lack thereof.

And the reason you say I don't have any evidence, is because there really is virtually no evidence for either side. As I already said, unless you have a time machine, you can't say either way what will happen.

There actually is evidence to say he won't be a franchise guy. Just using your eyeballs and witnessing the progress (or lack thereof) of his career will tell you he won't be around much longer.

He isn't a franchise QB. Not right now. In 5 years the poll could be 17-1 saying he is. We don't know.

You don't just become a franchise QB. You either have it, or you don't. This is you saying again "let's just wait and see". Something you said that you didn't say earlier on. Well, here is you saying it.

I never said he is a franchise QB. I don't know where you get that. All I said is that half the "franchise QBs" in the league took a similar path that Sanchez took. Brees failed before he started succeeding, as did Eli Manning. Sanchez could very easily follow that same path. He may not and end up being a bust. We don't know.

Okay, good, then we can agree that he's not.

All I have said is that we don't know. Everyone else in the thread are time travelers who know for a fact that something will happen in the future. If that's the case, tell me who wins the 2014 Kentucky Derby so I can make sure to bet on that horse and win tons of money.

We are just using common sense. And by watching the games, Sanchez looks skittish in the pocket, inaccurate, and largely unconfident. He's had way more memorable failures than anything else.

You want another example? Going into the 2011 season, there was virtually no evidence to say that Matt Overrated Stafford would throw for 5000 yards. He did it. Mark Sanchez could do the same thing, but we don't know, because we're not time travelers.

Stafford was riddled with injury in his first seasons. The guy couldn't even get on the field to show what he could (or could not) do. In his first full season, he showed he could do it by breaking the 5,000 yd mark, something only a handful of guys have ever done. Sanchez will be going on his 4th full season, and hasn't shown a sliver of Stafford's overall ability at the position. He's yet to even break 3,500 yards in one season and has a career QB rating of 73, with a completion rate of 55% lifetime.

This whole argument about him being a competent QB, let alone a franchise guy, is just silly when you just look at his numbers. And then when you actually watch him play, it gets worse.

OK, this isn't fucking worth it since you're too fucking stupid to understand anything, but here it goes.

On Mark Sanchez's extension:
I said virtually the same thing 3 times, and it took the third time for you to understand it. Congratulations, you're an idiot.

I'm very encouraged by the extension, as it proves that Sanchez is a team player, since he ended up taking less money this year. AND it gives him further motivation to play his ass off this year.

On Tim Tebow:
Virtually zero people think Tim Tebow is a better Quarterback then Mark Sanchez. The NFL analysts are pretty much in unison saying that Tim Tebow is a terrible QB. Sanchez is exponentially more accurate, and has all the same winning traits that Tebow has. Tebow will be a wildcat guy who gets 5-10 snaps a game (half of which will be on the Punt coverage team). And I'm yet to see a sports poster on this forum say a word about Tebow being a good quarterback.

Tebow is a backup QB/Wildcat guy with the Jets. This year, that's all that he will be. IF (big if) Sanchez fails this year, maybe Tebow gets a shot at some point next year. Or Greg McElroy.

On Drew Brees:
I never once compared Mark Sanchez of 2012 to the Drew Brees of 2012. I compared Mark Sanchez of 2012 to the Drew Brees of 2004. Brees was a total bust at this point, and the Chargers started the replacement process by drafting Phil Rivers 4th overall. Sanchez has had more success then Brees in his first 3 years, but Sanchez, like Brees, is not out of the woods in terms of being the guaranteed guy for the future. Brees proved in 2004 and 2005 that he could be a reliable franchise QB, and he got that chance (in New Orleans). Sanchez could very well do the same thing, and thanks to only having a small investment in Tebow they could retain him if he earns that right.

On Eli Manning:
see Drew Brees. Eli was better then Brees (and Sanchez) was, but he was considered a failure until his Pass Rush (yeah, if you're gonna say Sanchez did nothing to help him get the playoff wins, then you gotta say the same about 2007 Eli Manning) got him a Super Bowl. Had the D not gotten him as far as it did in the 2007 Playoffs, Eli very well could have been out in New York.

On the Bills embarassing the Jets:
When the fuck did this happen? The Bills beat the Jets in early 2009 (one of Sanchez's total shit games). Since then, the Bills have been annihilated by the Jets in the 5 games since by a total of 150-69. Including the early 2009 loss the Jets outscored the Bills 163-85

Yeah, the Bills embarrassed the Jets all right.... dumbass

Basically, what I'm saying is what I said in my first post in this thread. NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE FRANCHISE QBs. They don't have any rings and have not proven themselves to be reliable, either due to injury, ineffectiveness, or whatever. I'm not saying they WON'T be franchise QBs in the future, but I'm saying that they AREN'T franchise QBs NOW. That includes Sanchez.

Sanchez has had the most success of any of the 2009 QBs, but he's also the most reviled, simply because of where he plays (everyones least favorite market) and his head coach.

OK, this isn't fucking worth it since you're too fucking stupid to understand anything, but here it goes.

Says the guy who's defending Mark Sanchez. Do you realize how bad you look?

On Mark Sanchez's extension:
I said virtually the same thing 3 times, and it took the third time for you to understand it. Congratulations, you're an idiot.

I'm very encouraged by the extension, as it proves that Sanchez is a team player, since he ended up taking less money this year. AND it gives him further motivation to play his ass off this year.

It's funny that you mock anyone else's understanding of anything, seeing as your judgment of this whole situation is severely clouded and biased, and it's making you look more and more naive by each post. I've consistently shot each and everyone of your pro-Sanchez claims down, and yet you still support him. Know why? Because you are a Jets fan. Short for fanatic. Which is what you are. And it's making you look idiotic.

On Tim Tebow:
Virtually zero people think Tim Tebow is a better Quarterback then Mark Sanchez. The NFL analysts are pretty much in unison saying that Tim Tebow is a terrible QB. Sanchez is exponentially more accurate, and has all the same winning traits that Tebow has. Tebow will be a wildcat guy who gets 5-10 snaps a game (half of which will be on the Punt coverage team). And I'm yet to see a sports poster on this forum say a word about Tebow being a good quarterback.

Tebow is a backup QB/Wildcat guy with the Jets. This year, that's all that he will be. IF (big if) Sanchez fails this year, maybe Tebow gets a shot at some point next year. Or Greg McElroy.

Actually, quite a lot of people think Tebow is a better overall player than Sanchez. Maybe Sanchez can throw the ball better, but Tebow is a better leader and runner by far.

Don't bring NFL analysts into this, because they also collectively think Sanchez isn't good. By the way, Sanchez is not exponentially more accurate than anyone with a 50 something percent completion rate in his career. Pure shit.

And again, Tebow will overtake him. Book it.

On Drew Brees:
I never once compared Mark Sanchez of 2012 to the Drew Brees of 2012. I compared Mark Sanchez of 2012 to the Drew Brees of 2004. Brees was a total bust at this point, and the Chargers started the replacement process by drafting Phil Rivers 4th overall. Sanchez has had more success then Brees in his first 3 years, but Sanchez, like Brees, is not out of the woods in terms of being the guaranteed guy for the future. Brees proved in 2004 and 2005 that he could be a reliable franchise QB, and he got that chance (in New Orleans). Sanchez could very well do the same thing, and thanks to only having a small investment in Tebow they could retain him if he earns that right.

What is your point? Tom Brady also wasn't fantastic in his first year either. Does this prove Mark Sanchez will become a franchise guy? No. The sky is blue. Does this prove Mark Sanchez will become a franchise guy? No.

He's his own person, and unrelated to anyone else. And so far, he's looked bad, and doesn't resemble even the old Brees.

On Eli Manning:
see Drew Brees. Eli was better then Brees (and Sanchez) was, but he was considered a failure until his Pass Rush (yeah, if you're gonna say Sanchez did nothing to help him get the playoff wins, then you gotta say the same about 2007 Eli Manning) got him a Super Bowl. Had the D not gotten him as far as it did in the 2007 Playoffs, Eli very well could have been out in New York.

Same thing here.

On the Bills embarassing the Jets:
When the fuck did this happen? The Bills beat the Jets in early 2009 (one of Sanchez's total shit games). Since then, the Bills have been annihilated by the Jets in the 5 games since by a total of 150-69. Including the early 2009 loss the Jets outscored the Bills 163-85

Yeah, the Bills embarrassed the Jets all right.... dumbass

Sorry, I got the Dolphins confused with them. The Bills embarrassed them in 09. The Fins embarrased them this year with an upset win over them. One of their many embarrasing losses. Let's not forget Sanchez and the Jets were also defeated by that "shitty QB" Tebow and the Broncos this past season as well on their way to their disappointing 8-8 record. What a shitty game that was for Sanchez.

And why did you make that "dumbass" comment white? Were you that scared of posting it? Or did you not want to get a flaming infraction? I don't know which is more sad, so don't tell me.

Basically, what I'm saying is what I said in my first post in this thread. NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE FRANCHISE QBs. They don't have any rings and have not proven themselves to be reliable, either due to injury, ineffectiveness, or whatever. I'm not saying they WON'T be franchise QBs in the future, but I'm saying that they AREN'T franchise QBs NOW. That includes Sanchez.

Sanchez has had the most success of any of the 2009 QBs, but he's also the most reviled, simply because of where he plays (everyones least favorite market) and his head coach.

And the fact that he actually sucks on the field and is incapable of ever being a franchise guy, but good starting point.

Let me also debunk your shitty argument of Sanchez playing "so well" in playoff games. Here are his stats during his 4 wins in playoff games from his first and second years:

First playoff game of 09: 182 yards passing, 1 TD
Second playoff game of 09: 100 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT
First playoff game of 10: 189 yards passing, 1 INT
Second playoff game of 10: 194 yards passing, 3 TD

He had 1 good game and 3 not so good games in his playoff wins. He was largely carried, and he was more of a game manager trying not to mess it up for his team. He wasn't the one winning those games, he was just not losing them. As for outplaying the opposing QB, I'd be surprised if those stats were better than his opposition of each game. If that's the crux of your argument (and it has been all along), it's weak at best.

Literally no one thinks Sanchez can or will be a franchise guy for the Jets except fanboys like yourself, and even when you continue to fallaciously argue and call other people morons because of your own insecurities of this debate, the weaker your already weak argument looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back