Is anyone here a wrestler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevastra

Getting Noticed By Management
And no, I don't mean one of the WWE or TNA guys...I mean in an Indy federation or something. I am currently finishing up my training and should be good to go in about four months. Just wanted to see if there was anyone here who has or is doing this aside from me. Anybody?

Im moving to Texas in 2 months :( ... Then goin to Shawn Michaels school of wrestling.... Doubt Ima make it big tho.... But I do have entertainment expierces in Boxing, Kick Boxing and Amature Wrestling.... So theres a chance... I also worked a match here in XCW under a maskk.... Only did a DDT the whole match :)

supersoccer1 said:
waitin till i turn 16 to go 2 a local promotion :)

Yeah im training my ass off...ME and Gamehead or suppose to start our own back yard wrestling...but i doubt that will happen but i wanna wrestle so bad..im a good high flyer/technical...But i want to master it first...

Uhmm..I recommend against backyard wrestling...you don't know anything as far as how NOT to hurt someone for real...

No but when I finished getting my film degree I going to start learning how to wrestle.

sevastra said:
Uhmm..I recommend against backyard wrestling...you don't know anything as far as how NOT to hurt someone for real...

I dont care lol...The fact is im ready to get in the ring...wether its back yard wrestling or a promotion even if i have to join one and start from scratch...I already wrestle my brother and we dont get hurt...except one time i went on my moms dresser and tryed this nice ass move but missed and hit the floor and my right shoulder was pretty fucked up for about 2 days but i didnt say nothing...

Do it the smart way. You could end up dead, or paralyzed. Or, worse yet, you could make someone else that way. Not something you will live comfortably with the rest of your life. Trust me, go to a school, learn the right way to do it, and THEN get in a ring. You will learn a ton, and be very thankful for doing it.

I'm 14 also, and I am a brown belt in karate. In my karate school, you have to be 16 to go for the black belt test. After I turn 16 and get my black belt, I'm going to quit karate, then I'm going to enter UWA's training facility (UWA is the hardcore promotion in mississauga, which is only about 45 minutes from my house; Austin Aries and Jerry Lynn are the head trainers). Hopefully I'll be good enough to enter UWA, then go on to ROH. I'm not expecting anything big to happen to me from there, but maybe when WWE holds tryouts in Canada some more I can impress them and join OVW or DSW.

ShaneRamlall said:
I dont care lol...The fact is im ready to get in the ring...wether its back yard wrestling or a promotion even if i have to join one and start from scratch...I already wrestle my brother and we dont get hurt...except one time i went on my moms dresser and tryed this nice ass move but missed and hit the floor and my right shoulder was pretty fucked up for about 2 days but i didnt say nothing...

dude just go to school, when i look back at my old tapes i can see how many times people in my fed almost got relli fucked up, just go to school. u learn alot, it kinda fun, hard as hell, but worth the work.

I was part of my middle school Wrestling team{Manager] Put I got on the mat. That year my team L1-W4 .But I wish I could be a Pro-wrestler.
My wrestling name would be Revelation. His attude would be a mix of Sting, Goldberg,Rhino, Alpha Male and Ultimate Warrior.

IM 17 and im in OVW i might be good to by november 07 i hope to make TNA before ECW becuz in my mind TNA is for the guys who cant make the bug leuges but are extreme talent my finisher is a flipping ohlamoa slam or at least i always win my Sparring sessions after that move

Probably the biggest misconception about wrestling is how many times someone must work. Most people see wrestlers once or twice a week, and think that’s all they do. What these people don’t get to see are all the house shows. A house show is a wrestling event not televised. The average wrestler does his job in the ring 4-5 times a week. And if you thing that’s not hard work, go to a wrestling school and go at it for about twenty minutes. Then tell me it’s not hard.

There’s also the life on the road. Picture yourself as a wrestler. You wake up at 7:00 in the morning. You get to the airport at 8:30. You take a flight across the country and arrive at 11:00. After renting a car, checking into a hotel room, and something to eat, it’s 1:00. Time to go to a photo shoot. So you drive to a mall and sign autographs until 3:00. It’s time to head on over to the arena. Getting through traffic, you might make it by 4:30. After you eat something and do a short workout, it’s 5:30. At that time you go talk to one of the bookers and he goes over your match with you. If you can find the time, you and your opponent do a quick run down of what’s going to happen. By then it’s 7:00 and it’s time to go on. You wrestle a match and leave the arena at 10:00. You get to the hotel by 12:00 and get some sleep before you do it all over again in the morning. Now find time to workout and keep the marvelous body a wrestler has. And you want some sort of social life don’t you? Good luck.

That is exactly why I don't think I would ever make it in one of the big two. I am pretty much financially stable without having a job. I just want to do two to three shows a week. Mostly local stuff. If TNA stayed in Orlando or even if they toured but didn't do many house shows, I would be fine with going there.

do u guys know of any wrestling schools near winnipeg manitoba? the one i was going to go to shut down a few months back

I used to be a backyard wreslter. been champion a couple of times. retired for a while due to the injuries of my elbow caused me a title shot but i will soon be back after a few month of heeling. Going to wrestling school at the sametime too :D i think it will work out this time

not for indy but i have started my own backyarrd wrestling thing.
about 26 people are in it and it is hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back