Anderson Expects to Return to TNA and Re-Sign Within the Week

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.tnainsider.com/view/tna-...-on-tna-expects-to-re-sign-within-a-week-r455

This from TNAInsider via 4th & Pain:

Mr. Anderson, who is currently not under contract to TNA Wrestling, stated in an interview with 4th & Pain (Adam Carriker of the Washington Redskins and former wrestling announcer Chuck Carroll) that he expects to sign a new contract with Impact Wrestling "within a week."

He said his agent and lawyer are currently working on finishing up a deal with the company and that he enjoyed the way he was being used creatively before his contract expired.

According to Anderson, not being affiliated TNA Wrestling hasn't really crossed his mind. He's also open to taking independent dates.

--

If this report is in fact accurate (and we have little reason to doubt it, considering it's coming straight from the horses mouth), I for one am fully on board with it, because it brings back a performer who'd been doing a lot of good things with the company the last four months, despite being a part of one of it's poorer stables, who has a direct and logical link into continuing the dismantling of the Aces & Eights.

The only fear anyone should have here is in Anderson returning to form Aces & Eights 2.0, or some kind of offshoot version of the original club, ultimately ending in the two feuding with one another a la nWo v. nWo Black and Red/Wolfpack.

No real big surprise here, and I think this is a move that benefits both parties involved. Anderson's work in TNA over the last several months was pretty good (by Anderson's standards) and I think it is logical to see him return and likely be involved in the continued disintegration of the Aces and Eights, and to continue to be a thorn in the side of Bully Ray. In terms of Anderson's perspective, what else was he going to do? Too young to retire, probably not interested in the rest of the indy scene, and you can be sure the welcome mat was not out for him in WWE.

My guess is that he renewed his contact with TNA, likely for lesser money, and he will continue to put his "talents" on display for as long as he can in TNA.

I'm happy to hear Anderson should be returning shortly but I have one concern - that he is likely to turn (again). If there is one major issue with Ken's TNA tenure, it is the constant switches and I do believe he is a far better and more natural heel. Unfortunately, given the nature of his departure, I do believe he will return to feud with Bully... I just hope we are not subjected to the whole "asshole" promos again.

This is good news if it true. Anderson was kinda riding high until his contract expired, and a reignited feud with Bully could be money. Like IDR said though, hopefully he doesn't take the scraps of A&8's and try to salvage the stable. He works well as a tweener and loner.

I am very glad to see this. He got some of his fire back when he turned on Bully Ray, and I think those two would make a very interesting feud. I could see Knux, Briscoe, and Bischoff siding with him if the two do feud. Will be interesting to see how it plays out when he returns.

If negotiations are over this quick, Anderson got hosed. This was way too quick for a holdout situation, and Anderson likely realized that TNA needs him a lot less than he needs TNA. The WWE is emphatically not an option for him.

If negotiations are over this quick, Anderson got hosed. This was way too quick for a holdout situation, and Anderson likely realized that TNA needs him a lot less than he needs TNA. The WWE is emphatically not an option for him.

That's what I was thinking when I first read that he expected to re-sign. I remember reading a report a few years back saying that Anderson was being paid $3,000 per appearance. I dunno if that's accurate, it's just what I've read. With the way things have been going with budget cuts, rumored money problems, rumors of taking Impact Wrestling off the road, etc. I'll be extremely surprised if Anderson is making more than what he was, allegedly, making. Anderson hasn't exactly been a hot commodity in TNA the past couple of years, so I find it difficult to think that he could demand or really get top dollar at this point.

I don't know if Anderson has made any inquiries elsewhere. There's always AJPW or New Japan, CMLL or AAA, WWC, ROH, etc. but I don't believe WWE is remotely viable for Anderson.

What I saw of Anderson before he left was some of his best work.

Throw him in the BFG Main Event as Dixie's guy. I hate triple threats but have no interest in Bully v AJ. This gives Dixie's continued involvement more logic. It means she doesn't have to support AJ or Bully. He is a WWE guy which meets Dixie's reputation. It gives her a guy in the feud with AJ, it also gives her a mouthpiece. He's got beef with Bully, he can easily get beef with AJ as Dixie's rep. Let Anderson win and you give AJ someone to continue to chase. In the end, Bully loses the title but reamins heel and starts something new, Anderson is a heel champion, and AJ is the chasing face. If AJ doesn't chase you can throw Magnus, Joe, Aries, or heaven forbid Storm at him as competition.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Just what I was thinking. It's dangerous ground for a performer when his contract actually expires; whatever negotiating tactics he used in his dealings with the company are exhausted if he doesn't really have any other landing spot. Once he has to show his hole card, his leverage disappears.

Probably, TNA can use him, yet he wasn't so necessary to their plans that they couldn't let him go, unless he signed for the figure they were offering. So, that's what he most likely did.

Maybe Ken was threatening them with WWE, but TNA knew there wasn't a chance in hell of it happening. Sure, it's a risk, but it probably worked out for the company.

Management-Labor relations.....what are you gonna do?

What I say of Anderson before he left was some of his best work.

Throw him in the BFG Main Event as Dixie's guy. I hate triple threats but have no interest in Bully v AJ. This gives Dixie's involvement more logic. It gives her a guy in the feud with AJ, it also gives her a mouthpiece. He's got beef with Bully, he can easily get beef with AJ as Dixie's rep. Let Anderson win and you give AJ someone to continue to chase. In the end, Bully loses the title but reamins heel and starts something new, Anderson is a heel champion, and AJ is the chasing face.

Yes? No? Maybe?

I like this as a concept because it does build on Anderson's natuaral unlikeability.

As far as creating heat with AJ, have Dixie make a big deal out of giving Ken a big contract in the ring which would flow well with ripping up AJ's contract this past Thursday.

He may know some backstage info regarding the sale of the company. If he believes Viacom is going to purchase TNA next week and they'll FedEx his new contract sometime afterward, then I'm sure he'd be comfortable in making that statement. Anderson and other TNA stars may be in a holding pattern, waiting for new owners to negotiate sweet deals with them. I don't think Anderson is going to go back to WWE. I could see him hosting shows on the Food Network before returning to WWE to flounder in the midcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back