International Region, St. Louis Area, Second Round: (3) Triple H vs. (14) Kevin Nash

Who Wins This Match?

• Triple H

• Kevin Nash

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a second round match in the International Region, St Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center, St Louis, Missouri

front.jpg

Triple-H-triple-h-416878_456_352.jpg

#3. Triple H

Vs.

Diesel_-_Kevin_Nash_11.jpg

#14. Kevin Nash

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Has to be Triple H for me. However you look at it, he maximised his potential in the business and has been part of several great feuds and matches, whereas Nash is arguably best known for his role in one.

Triple H is taking this one. Trips has made a career of kicking ass and taking names. Doesn't matter if it is on his own or in a stable, Triple H was a star. While both men have found Main-Event success in groups. Nash was no where near as successful as Triple H when he had to do it on his lonesome. Triple H will take this one and move on to the next round.

Triple H is all around better than Nash. Nash made his living being intelligent and knowing what he had to do in the ring to get over, which wasn't much. Triple H is all around better, on the stick, in the ring, and in world title counts. In my opinion Triple H takes this one in a nice brawl.

:)

Well, HHH did beat Nash a few months back. Granted that was a Ladder match; H was still the better man. He always has been. Triple H is one of the all time greats in the business, much more so then Nash. Triple H will win because he is and always has been better then Nash.

If we're going on all-time career achievements and accomplishments then it would obviously be Triple H.

Breaking it down into separate periods makes me look at it a bit differently though. Over the past 10 years, I'd still pick The Game, mostly since that's when he won the majority of his world titles and also beat Nash several times one on one.

Going back further, I could easily see Big Daddy Cool Diesel getting the win over the blue blood Hunter Hurst Helmsley - such was the dominance of Nash in the early to mid- '90s.

The clincher is how they would have fared going against each other during the Monday Night Wars, if you can imagine it. Then it really comes down to a nWo vs. DX debate, and - I'm my humble one - nWo were the more dominant, important group.

However, I'm still going to mark up Hunter in this overall. His singles career accomplishments far outrank anything Nash has ever done, and can still put on MOTY caliber performances.

Big Nose gets it here.

In their primes, this would have been a hell of a match. The leader of DX versus the leader of the nWo. 2 close friends who know each other inside out. Wow!

Nash in his prime was awesome, he held the WWE title for a whole year and was dominant in WCW for a long while, albeit with the help of the nWo. While over in WWE, Triple H was on top and was just as dominant.

However, as good as Nash was I cannot vote against Hunter in this one. Triple H is better in just about every aspect of wrestling. He has had so many great matches over the years, is just as intelligent as Nash (probably more so), is more sadistic and ruthless and is even better on the mic.

Nash would put up a hell of a fight, as he knows Triple H and his tactics so well, but Hunter would end up putting Big Sexy away with a Pedigree in a bloody brawl.

Winner: Triple H

Triple H takes this, not a doubt in my mind. Triple H has proven his toughness time and time again, I don't see Nash as having any sort of real strength advantage in the match, Triple H is the faster and more overall athletic of the two and, when push comes to shove, he can both outwrestle and outfight Nash.

As a big guy, Nash will no doubt get his licks in and hit his share of high impact offense. When it's all said and done, however, Nash eats a Pedigree courtesy of Triple H about the 15 minute mark.

Triple H has defeated Kevin Nash before. I won't hold that against Big Daddy Cool too much because it was a few years past his prime but I don't see the 1995 Diesel faring much better against the Cerebral Assassin. Triple H is simply the more accomplished wrestler. He would systematically pick Nash apart. Triple H has been pretty effective working on opponent's knees in the past and I think he'd do the same to Nash rendering him nearly helpless. Triple H moves on.

In my opinion, Triple H is one of the most under-appreciated wrestlers of all time. His actual greatness gets lost in all of the claims that he buries everyone but his friends, that he slept his way to the gold, etc. When you strip away all of the bullshit, what you have is a guy who can do just about any type of professional wrestling match you can have, and do it at the highest levels. Prior to the quad tears limiting him a little bit, Triple H was one of the most impressive in-ring performers I can remember seeing in a long, long time.

This match will not be decided because of Kevin Nash's strengths and weaknesses compared to Triple H, this match will be decided by whether or not people can filter out all of their prejudices against Triple H and take his career for what it is. If they can do that, I don't see any way in hell that Kevin Nash can win this.

To me it is Nash. Nash drew more in his prime and was more dominate in his prime. Furthermore, the pedigree is a hard move to put on someone as tall as Nash is. When HHH tried to do it recently on a one foot in the grave Nash he still screwed it up at first. If HHH had any speed I might give him some credit but he has always worked at the pace of molasses. In a slow methodic power oriented match I don't see how HHH would be more likely to win. No way HHH kicks out of the second jackknife. I actually think the completely opposite of Davi. The only way HHH wins is if you put excessive stock in the amount of reigns HHH had as champion in the beginning of the it doesn't mean as much era when Nash was already winding down his career.

Has Kevin Nash ever beaten Triple H since Hunter became a main event player? Triple H is the more decorated star, Triple H is a bigger draw, Triple H is just flat out better then Kevin Nash. Nash was on top of the WWF, during a period it sucked ass. Triple H became the heel Foil to Austin and the Rock during the WWF's 2nd boom period.

Triple H has beaten Nash every time they have faced each other. I see no reason how this match ends any differently.

Has Kevin Nash ever beaten Triple H since Hunter became a main event player? Triple H is the more decorated star, Triple H is a bigger draw, Triple H is just flat out better then Kevin Nash. Nash was on top of the WWF, during a period it sucked ass. Triple H became the heel Foil to Austin and the Rock during the WWF's 2nd boom period.

Triple H has beaten Nash every time they have faced each other. I see no reason how this match ends any differently.

To be fair, two of those matches were gimmick matches and the only non-gimmick the two have had, HHH got himself DQ'ed by hitting Hebner with a sledgehammer.

Has Kevin Nash ever beaten Triple H since Hunter became a main event player?

Actually the only time they ever had a singles match was in 2003 and Nash won even though he was 44 and HHH was pretty much in his prime. HHH got himself purposefully disqualified to protect his title because Nash was kicking his ass. Nash kicked out of one pedigree and countered the other. He also laid HHH the fuck out after that DQ bs. Did HHH ever beat Nash when Nash was in his prime?

Triple H is the more decorated star,

Numerically speaking sure but that would imply you can compare the eras directly which is just not true. It wasn't until his 7th reign which occurred in 2008 that HHH eclipsed Nash's total days with the WWE Championship. Suddenly HHH wining that title 8 times to Nash's one doesn't look quite as impressive. HHH's most dominate run with a title wasn't even with the WWE Championship and still lasted months less than Nash's dominate run. This also occurred in the same year he lost the singles match to Nash.

Triple H is a bigger draw,

Says who?

Triple H is just flat out better then Kevin Nash.

Which is why he couldn't even defeat him in a singles match in his own prime when Nash was about to retire?

Nash was on top of the WWF, during a period it sucked ass.

Do you really want to start talking about qualities of eras when most of HHH's decoration that put him supposedly so high comes from that ruthless aggression decline?

Triple H became the heel Foil to Austin and the Rock during the WWF's 2nd boom period.

At best 3rd in the company. My god. What a star. You are going to put HHH over for that and give Nash no credit for what happened with the nWo and WCW surpassing WWE in the ratings?

It's got to be Triple H. Nash has had some decent runs in both major companies, but he was never unquestionably "the man" in a company the way Triple H has been. Triple H started in the Attitude Era, and he's still there as the main event has changed all around him. I think there's just something unsaid about this, that everyone has picked up on, and it's a simple thing - Triple H is just better than Nash, and that's all there is to it.

When I think of HHH/Nash, I don't think of wrestling, I think of politics: Obama 2012.

You can name all the talent HHH beat while he was "the top guy in the company", but I feel like Nash being the 3rd fiddle in NWO is cooler & more noteworthy than anything Hunter did. I'd rather be the 3rd fiddle behind Hulk & Hall than be 3rd fiddle to HBK and that guy with the boobs.

I'll give you the debate of H3 having the better resume & being a better worker. But give me the fact that Diesel in his"Powerbomb HBK through a Table"/NWO mindstate was just as vicious as anything HHH had in him.

I'm picking Big Daddy Cool because he was a catalyst in the true invasion angle & besides Taker & HBK, I can't think of many that beat him clean in his prime.

You know what, I think Nash is fuckin cool!! I'v got a kevin nash toy at home and a triple H toy at home and (ironically) the triple H toys legs dont work! So nash kicks his ass the whole time! Nash's head doend even fit between the trips legs for a pedigree and the toy didnt come with a sledgehammer...

I'm voting triple H, but i think we could all do with a little perspective here!

Nah, screw it! Behind the scenes could play a huge infuence here in this trancendental kind of competition. Nash was the power player for a long time in the Kliq as their first World heavyweight champ, and he could have gave H and ultimatum, simple! Nash wins!

Triple H and Nash brawl for a good 20 seconds, then HHH gets the upper hand after hitting the Pedigree on Nash's right knee, he quickly follows by a Pedigree on his left, unfortunately HHH hits the deck with a torn quad due to the second Pedigree. Nash eventually recovers but instead of going for the pin, tries to hit HHH with the Jacknife, before you can spit Nash's knee's give out, he crumples in on himself but to his great sfortune he lands on top of HHH and gets the three count. Both men get stretchered out, unable to continue.

Nash picks up the win, but HHH has the long term injury, a hollow victory indeed.

I'm going kayfabe, so I'm going with Nash.

In his prime, Nash (Diesel) was fucking dominant. HHH really wasn't. Sure, every now and then he'd turn face, squash some folks, and move forward. However, most of his prime was spent as a heel. 1995 Diesel would Jackknife 2002-2004 HHH through the mat after twenty minutes of top notch violence.

I'm voting Nash.

Whether its 99 or 03 or 11 Triple H can out work Nash plain as day. And like we saw this past yr you don't mess with The Game as he will run through anyone to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back