Int Region, St. Louis Region, First Round: (3) Triple H vs. (30) Bubba Ray Dudley

Discussion in 'International Region' started by Tastycles, Apr 17, 2012.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Triple H

2. Bubba Ray Dudley

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

This is a first round match in the International Region, St Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center, St Louis, Missouri

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3. Triple H

Vs.

[​IMG]

#30. Bubba Ray Dudley

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. 1On1WithTheGreatOne

1On1WithTheGreatOne Dark Match Jobber

Trips easily. Bubba Ray was never known as a major singles wrestler until TNA. And the odds are stacked a lot more against him since it isn't a hardcore match, which wouldn't make much of a difference, seeing as Hunter can be a brutal man with his sledgehammer. I say HHH with the win of a pedigree at minute 9 of the match.

3. dakikko049

dakikko049 Pre-Show Stalwart

HHH for me. Bubba/Bully is good at annoying at winding up the crowd but hunter could smash the crap outta him.

4. Alex

Alex King Of The Wasteland

Yes Bubba Ray reinvented himself as Bully Ray and has been one of the best things in TNA recently. But this is Triple H, the guy who did what Bully Ray is doing ten years ago. Triple H is a machine, he takes loads of punishment and I don't think Bubba Ray has enough offense to take Triple H down for the count.

5. Kelso1ftw

Kelso1ftw Pre-Show Stalwart

Bubba has some amazing moments that many will remember but just for the fact that he has always been a tag team guy up until recently makes this a huge upset for him as HHH should easily walk away with the victory.

6. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

Bubba doesn't but HHH does? HHH has one of the least impressive offenses of all time. I get that HHH has more accomplishments in WWE but this match isn't in WWE. It isn't really about accomplishments either. It is about who is going to win when these two face off. This is a bad matchup for HHH. He is going to have to brawl it out with someone bigger than him. It is about time someone stood up for what is right and put over someone that HHH didn't handpick.

7. Alex

Triple H's offence is fairly impressive if somewhat plain in a sense. He can hit several power moves (spinebuster, suplex etc) and don't forget the Pedigree is a damn painful finisher. Even if you think that Triple H's offense isn't that impressive, he flat out takes more punishment than Bubba can meaning he can outlast him.

8. IHW

IHW WZCW's Brent Blaze

Damn it. I was hoping for Bully Ray to make it pretty far this year, but this first match-up just kills the hope.

Triple H wins because of his accolades. If HHH can go toe to toe with The Undertaker for two years straight at 'Mania, he can beat Ray.

If this was a Tag Team Tournament, which needs to be made, Ray could win it all alongside Devon. . . but its not, and Ray is facing The Game.

9. Niicks

Niicks Great White

Triple H would go over here. Bubba never established himself as a singles competitor until recently, so Hunter would have the advantage in my eyes.

10. shattered dreams

Bully Ray can't hit power moves? Umm what? Bubba bomb, the hardest chop in the biz, hell practically all his signature moves are power moves or hard hitting. HHH has been put down by a cutter before and it certainly can happen again. HHH would pull his quad hitting even a decent impact spinebuster on Bully Ray. All HHH has is the pedigree and Bully Ray can certainly take more than one bump to the head before he is down. HHH offense is simple and it is going to take a lot of that to put Ray down.

Don't try and sell me on stamina issues either. Both these guys are older now yet just not that long ago Bully Ray outlasted a prime AJ Styles in a last man standing match. HHH couldn't even stand up after his most recent match with a past prime Undertaker. When HHH was hanging out in his cushy main event scene Bubba was coming up in ECW and then putting on insane matches with the Hardyz and Edge and Christian. If there is anything Bully Ray certainly can do it is take punishment. I have no doubt that Bully Ray is tougher than HHH. I also think Ray is more agile even though he is bigger.

Who says Dvon wonn't do a run in at some point?

11. Alex

Simple is never a bad thing, it may not be flashy, but if it gets the job done, it gets the job done

If you factor in Triple H hasn't been wrestling on a regular basis like Ray has and top that off with his match against Undertaker was a Hell In A Cell with weapons then he still has some pretty good stamina.

What's to stop Shawn Michaels from coming down???

12. shattered dreams

I thought your assertion that it was so amazing and powerful that Ray could never possibly withstand it? Practically any wrestler can withstand the simple moves is my point. Simple moves don't get the job done when inflicting massive amounts of damage is the goal.

There were weapons in the last man standing match too. AJ jumped a couple of stories down on to Ray on a table and he still had energy left to win. If HHH's body gave out before Bully Ray's did as they aged then why couldn't his body give out first in a match?

What's to stop him from kicking HHH instead if he does?

13. Alex

A simple well placed spinebuster could take a lot out of someone. Just because it isn't flashy doesn't mean it can't cause a lot of damage.

My point was for a guy who hasn't wrestled on a regular basis for a while Triple H still has a lot of stamina and if you want to take Triple H from around 2002/3 he would destroy Ray. Don't get me wrong I like Ray and all but Triple H is just better than Ray. Yes Ray may have beat AJ Styles, but Triple H has beaten people with the same ring style as AJ

14. shattered dreams

How much of a spinebuster can you do on someone over 300 pounds? Especially when that person knows it is one of your only moves they need to avoid? It really is pretty simple, anyone saying this is an easy match for HHH is kidding themselves. Anyone that is saying he can just power through it is barking up the wrong tree IMO. Ray is tough. If HHH tries to brawl and power it out with him, HHH is going to lose.

I never said he hadn't beaten such people. What I said is that the evidence doesn't support HHH being able to take more punishment than Bully Ray. HHH doesn't give out more punishment via his in-ring moves or take more punishment than Bully Ray. If you want to put HHH over you need to come up with reasons that make sense. I contend the only way someone ends up thinking HHH wins is if you rest your laurels only on his WWE accomplishment list and ignore the circumstances of the match itself.

15. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

I have to give this to HHH unfortunately. As impressive as Bubba Ray has become over the last year, it's just not enough time to make me legitimately believe he can take down the Game. We've seen HHH in HIAC, Last Man Standing, and many other wars. He also WON these wars. HHH has beaten guys who have had a size and power advantage over him. As much as I don't like it, HHH gets my vote.

16. shattered dreams

You don't have to do anything. What makes a wrestler great is when they can give you the desire to truly just follow your heart over your head in a moment. If that is what Bully Ray has done for you here then you should proclaim him greater than HHH. That is what I am doing. I don't give a crap about the number of titles HHH can claim on wikipedia. What I care about is what Bully Ray has been doing for years and is culminating now. Give him Bubba his credit. HHH has more than enough and even if he didn't he could easily give himself more.

17. Saeros

Saeros Pre-Show Stalwart

Triple H wins. After almost beating Taker twice, he's not going to lose to Bubba

18. VinceHatesWrestling

VinceHatesWrestling Dark Match Jobber

Another person I don't like, HHH for the win. I am prolly making a sandwich during this one. Bubba was cool in ECW and WWE.

19. Hamed786

Hamed786 Dark Match Jobber

Triple H wins clean here. Bully Ray may be big in Totally No Action or Unimpactful or whatever it's called these days, but mainstream he was known and recognised, and probably always will be recognised as a tag team wrestler. Easy win

20. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

Triple H is one of the all time greats. He has beaten a lot better than Bubba over his career. You don't think Hunter can hang with Bubba in a brawl? I wonder what Foley would say about that? Bubba is one of the all time great tag wrestlers but we're talking about singles competiton here. Bubba is out of his league.

21. JJYanks121

JJYanks121 The Mouth of the South Shore

This is one of those first round matchups that aren't really fair. Bubba has done fine as Bully Ray but I'm not even sure his time as Bully Ray counts as he is labeled as Bubba here. Even if it does, it's still not close.

As a tag wrestler, Bubba beat a lot of guys. As a singles, he's beaten very few. He's TNA's Big Bossman in that he gets more heat than anyone as he's the biggest jerk but he rarely gets the upper hand in a feud if he ever does at all. That's his job and he's good at it. That said, would you put 1999 Bossman over HHH? That's what we're talking about here. We're talking about a guy whose career is defined on doing ANYTHING it takes to win a wrestling match. When he became The Game, it was about obsession with winning and winning championships. There was nothing he wouldn't do to win. He'd take out friends, manipulate, and do whatever he had to in order to get a leg up. All the while, he was mastering his ring stuff so that he had an aresenal greater than anyone else. There are plenty in this tournament that will get accused of having limited moves in their arsenal. Triple H should never be one of those guys. He never fails to bring something new to the table as it is all about winning.

As for Bubba or Bully Ray, he's a decent hand but he's never won a thing and he loses every feud he's in. Bubba stands no chance here.

22. pumpkinking8987

pumpkinking8987 PuMPKiNKiNG

HHH should not only win this match up but be a serious contender to take this whole tourney.

7 time wwe champion
    5 time world heavyweight champion
    2nd ever Grand Slam Champion

oh yeah not to mention he was a major part in not One but Two of the greatest Factions in WWE History. GREAT IN-RING SKILLS, Excellent Mic Skills, and Hands Down the best Entrances in the game.
    simply put he is theKING of KINGS

23. RavensEdge

RavensEdge Anti-Hero

theres a reason Triple H is laughing in the picture at the top of the post... Bubba wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in this match, not if it was actually booked and certainly not in a tournament like this.

24. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

Any answer that isn't "Triple H" is stupid. As is the person giving it.

We're talking about a 13-time world champion. A man who has been in the main event for over a decade. A man who has done everything in wrestling. A man has gotten to the point where he can main event in the WWE when he wants. And you're telling me that the white Dudley Boy is better?

Fuck off.

Sure, you can say that you prefer ol' Bubba. But that's an opinion. And you're entitled to it, no matter how baseless it is. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

Dowdsy McDowds likes this.
  25. shattered dreams

Bubba is larger than Mick Foley, much more athletic than Mick Foley and has a significantly more powerful moveset than Mick Foley. Mick can take more punishment but that is only half the equation in a brawl.

Remember when HBK, Steiner, Booker T and others were just tag team wrestlers? Why does being without a doubt one of the best tag team wrestlers of all-time mean you can't hang with some of the best singles guys? Sure as far as the esoteric concept of "spots" go singles is higher but in a kayfabe setting why should tag team guys be out of their league when facing singles competitors? The only difference is that you can't tag someone in. That only matters for endurance reasons and we have already established that Ray both has enough singles experience to last long and win and that it isn't like HHH has some massive advantage there. Beer Money was the best tag team in TNA and they broke up and since that they both dominated the main event scene as singles competitors. The idea that tag team guys have no clue how to wrestle top guys is just stupid.

I don't think it is too much to ask for reasons beyond X time singles champ in WWE for a kayfabe match that isn't even in that company. At least JJ did something resembling that although he should know HHH faced big boss man in 1999 and failed to defeat him. He should also admit Ray has defeated AJ (more than once), Scott Steiner, Matt Morgan, Kane, Big Show, Big Boss Man in 2000 and that guy that beat Cena last week among others. Sure, not the resume of HHH but hardly one of a guy that is lost in a one on one match.

This match is far from easy for HHH unless he gets to book it.