Int Region, St. Louis Region, First Round: (14) Kevin Nash vs. (19) Jeff Hardy

Who Wins This Match?

• Kevin Nash

• Jeff Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't see how people are putting Jeff Hardy to win in this one! It's in the WCW REGION, against KEVIN NASH. A WCW guy, working against... JEff Hardy. I like Hardy more than I like Nash, but Nash is a beast and Hardy, although he can overcome those situations, just isn't. Nash would manage to reverse some sort of high-flying move from Jeff into the Jack Knife Powerbomb, 'cos remember, you might be high-flying, but it means you can be a LOT more careless.

JS votes Kevin Nash

I think Nash wrestles a determined Hardy, but catches him with a Jackknife after a botched top rope attempts.

Come on, it's Nash. No way is he putting over some drugged up hippie who can't get a proper pop without the WWE promoting the show.

Yeah thats why he doesn't get big pops in TNA:rolleyes:

I don't see how people are putting Jeff Hardy to win in this one! It's in the WCW REGION, against KEVIN NASH. A WCW guy, working against... JEff Hardy. I like Hardy more than I like Nash, but Nash is a beast and Hardy, although he can overcome those situations, just isn't. Nash would manage to reverse some sort of high-flying move from Jeff into the Jack Knife Powerbomb, 'cos remember, you might be high-flying, but it means you can be a LOT more careless.

THat may be true but feeling you've got the match in the bag before you've won leaves you open to a sneak attack.

If there's one thing about Jeff Hardy is that he can get the crowd behind generally no matter who he's facing, whether that be Triple H, Undertaker or even John Cena he can ge the crowd behind him.

Neither has Nash really. In fact Jeff Hardy's probably drawn more money than Nash has.

nWo. You lose sir.

Kevin Nash beating someone like Jeff Hardy isn't that impressive. Jeff Hardy as beaten quite a few big men which is really impressive given his size.

It's not impressive because well big guys owning little guys is what usually happens and it's exactly what would happen here. Jeff's going to put up a fight, but eventually he's taking the Jackknife and will lose.

Sure Nash would throw him around like a ragdoll for a bit (and thats if he could catch him) but then he'd get cocky, Jeff was always one to capitalize on people getting cocky and scoring an upset.

He was also one to do something incredibily stupid and then get his ass kicked. Or show up high as a birdy and get beaten in 30 seconds.

This match can only end one way, and that's Kevin Nash winning.

nWo. You lose sir.

You mean the group that Hulk Hogan was in??

It's not impressive because well big guys owning little guys is what usually happens and it's exactly what would happen here. Jeff's going to put up a fight, but eventually he's taking the Jackknife and will lose.

Jeff's taken moves like the Jackknife before and beaten his opponents.

He was also one to do something incredibily stupid and then get his ass kicked. Or show up high as a birdy and get beaten in 30 seconds.

Well Nash could always pull his quad walking down the ramp

You mean the group that Hulk Hogan was in??

Doesn't change the fact that the nWo, a group Nash was in drew lots of money, which Jeff never has. You still lose.

Jeff's taken moves like the Jackknife before and beaten his opponents.

He's also taken moves like it and lost.

Well Nash could always pull his quad walking down the ramp

If that's his only chance of winning, he's screwed.

Doesn't change the fact that the nWo, a group Nash was in drew lots of money, which Jeff never has. You still lose.

Fairly sure they would have drawn just as much without him. Nash on his own hasn't drawn as much as Hardy has

He's also taken moves like it and lost.

And Nash has lost to moves like the Twist Of Fate and Swanton as well.

If that's his only chance of winning, he's screwed.

I've pointed out before Jeff's beaten quite a few big men before, beating Kevin Nash is likely

Kevin Nash easily. Jeff Hardy is a sloppy spot monkey at best. Nash might be one of the Masters of the 5 Moves of Doom, but it was an effective arsenal. Say what you will about him booking his own WCW title reigns, but the man was a WWF champion for a year.

Jeff Hardy has nothing in his arsenal of all flash and no substance to beat Kevin Nash.

Fairly sure they would have drawn just as much without him. Nash on his own hasn't drawn as much as Hardy has

Can you prove either of those two statements? Facts are facts, Kevin Nash has drawn more money than Jeff Hardy. You can twist those facts however you like but they aren't changing any time soon.

It's also a fact that in WCW, i.e. this region Nash didn't lose very much. He's got the advantage in this one.

And Nash has lost to moves like the Twist Of Fate and Swanton as well.

And Hardy has been beaten by chokeslams. We can do this all day.

I've pointed out before Jeff's beaten quite a few big men before, beating Kevin Nash is likely

Nash has beaten better small guys than Jeff Hardy. HBK and AJ Styles, for example the latter at the age of 50, well outside his prime. This is Nash over a decade younger in an environment he's in control of. Nash would go over. Deal with it.

Can you prove either of those two statements? Facts are facts, Kevin Nash has drawn more money than Jeff Hardy. You can twist those facts however you like but they aren't changing any time soon.

Nash wasn't drawing that much in WWE when he was Diesel. He had to switch companies and join forces with Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall to draw loads. Jeff Hardy managed to draw quite a lot in WWE and was arguably the #2 wrestler in the company. More than Nash was.

It's also a fact that in WCW, i.e. this region Nash didn't lose very much. He's got the advantage in this one.

And Hardy has been beaten by chokeslams. We can do this all day.

Point being Nash has lost to moves that Jeff Hardy can perform

Nash has beaten better small guys than Jeff Hardy. HBK and AJ Styles, for example the latter at the age of 50, well outside his prime. This is Nash over a decade younger in an environment he's in control of. Nash would go over. Deal with it.

And Nash has lost to Triple H, a guy Jeff Hardy has beaten.

Nash wasn't drawing that much in WWE when he was Diesel. He had to switch companies and join forces with Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall to draw loads. Jeff Hardy managed to draw quite a lot in WWE and was arguably the #2 wrestler in the company. More than Nash was.

And drawing loads, regardless of the situation is something Jeff's never done, despite working with guys who have drawn considerably more than himself.

Point being Nash has lost to moves that Jeff Hardy can perform

That point also applies to Hardy. Except Nash's moves are easier to apply.

And Nash has lost to Triple H, a guy Jeff Hardy has beaten.

And Hardy has also lost to HHH. Your point?

This is the WCW region. That means it's Kevin Nash, member of the nWo, multiple time WCW champion.. No way that Jeff hardy wins. In a different venue, maybe. But in the WCW region, Kevin Nash has an almost insurmountable advantage. He has total creative control. You can't combat that.

If this was a legitimate shoot i think Nash would dominate hardy, with hardy just hanging in there all the time. Then hardy does something insane (Im talking wwe insane, not tna insane by turning up stoned!)

Im giving the win to Jeff Hardy

See I don't like the whole 'Nash had backstage stroke in WCW so he should win' arguement. If thats the case Hulk Hogan will win the entire thing.

If you take away Nash's backstage power in WCW his win/loss ratio was fairly even and he lost to guys the size of Hardy.

Sure he'd be more familiar with a WCW arena than Hardy would, but Hardy would be able to get the fans behind him which would help him score a win.

See I don't like the whole 'Nash had backstage stroke in WCW so he should win' arguement. If thats the case Hulk Hogan will win the entire thing.

If you take away Nash's backstage power in WCW his win/loss ratio was fairly even and he lost to guys the size of Hardy.

Sure he'd be more familiar with a WCW arena than Hardy would, but Hardy would be able to get the fans behind him which would help him score a win.

No, it doesn't work for Hulk Hogan because he only had total creative control in WCW, and reasonable creative control in the WWE. The only reason that Kevin Nash's creative control would even be an issue is because he was placed in the WCW region, where it might apply. Had he been in any of the other regions, he wouldn't have it.

But, in WCW, Kevin Nash won 5 world titles and 9 tag titles, while Hardy would never have gotten out of the cruiserweight division. It was WCW, and no smaller statured wrestler would ever have won the heavyweight belt. (unless he was the head booker or David Arquette promoting an insanely bad wrestling movie) Put this match in the WWE region? It's an entirely different set of rules.

I've lost my taste for Hardy over the years, and this match takes place in Nash's stomping grounds. In WCW, Hardy would've opened a few shows well, and then been fed to Nash to keep him happy. It might be an interesting match in a WWE ring, but Hardy doesn't stand a chance in WCW.

Neither has Nash really. In fact Jeff Hardy's probably drawn more money than Nash

Don't you find it a little pathetic that of all the things I said about Jeff Hardy, including calling him a cancer on the business, that you can only argue that Jeff Hardy didn't draw money?

Anyway, your ignorance has already been pointed out, but Nash as a member inspired the boom period of a company that, for about two years, had WWE on the brink of bankruptcy. You can argue it was Hogan, but the angle doesn't work without the threat from another company coming up. Nash by himself made Hall that much more threatening; otherwise, we're looking at the debuting character of Scott Hall, and that's all. Without Nash, we aren't even discussing the existence of the New World Order.

Unless you can prove to me Jeff Hardy had that kind of impact on wrestling, you may kindly sod off

This is a tough one for me. I'm not a great fan of either, but I'm not a great detractor either. What Nash lacks in speed, he more than makes up for in power. And what Hardy lacks in decision making, he more than makes up for in audaciousness. They've both been solid but unspectacular world champions, and both have been incredibly over - Nash in 1996 and Hardy in 2008.

So who to vote for? I guess the only decision I can make is to go for Nash. The reason? Nash was able to cut it as a Champion in both WWF and WCW, and has shown consistency in his abilities. Hardy has gone from extreme to extreme in terms of holding it together, and has never truly convinced outside of the WWE bubble. For that reason, I'm voting Nash.

I have to give the advantage to Kevin Nash, only because the match is set with WCW rules. Nash with the win

I do like Jeff Hardy, but Kevin Nash was the man for a good chunk of time in the 90's. A lot of modern fans will look at his matchup, make fun of Nash's knee and/or quad problems and vote based on what would have happened in the last few years. But with both men in their primes, Jeff Hardy going over would have been a HUGE upset.

This match, with both men in their primes, in WCW no less goes to Kevin Nash all the way. Nash would eat all of Hardy's signature moves throughout the match, look defeated by a decent margin, but hit a big boot and drive Hardy to hell with the Jackknife Powerbomb. Better men tried and failed to take down Diesel in the 90s.

I'm a creature of the night. No, that doesn't mean I'm a rapist or Michael Howard - it means I'm a Jeff Hardy fan. On reflection, I think I'd rather admit to being a rapist. Or Michael Howard.

I want to vote for Jeff Hardy, and I might. Jeff has done his best to bring the entire industry into disrepute; he's turned up to shows off his tits, he's violated WWE's wellness policy numerous times, he's almost gone to prison for possessing illegal substances, subsequently made a mockery of the US's court system, and is generally just a bit of a tit - and yet I can't help but like him a little bit.

At his peak, sober, I think he'd have a good shot at taking out Kevin Nash. Nash was a destructive force, sure, but Hardy was 'the man' for a short while, was a resilient little bastard, and would jump off of ridiculously tall objects to finish off his opponents.

I suppose longevity and the setting both nod to Nash, but I really hate that cunt.

If we were talking Jeff Hardy of any time before 2008-ish then i would say Nash all the way, but, considering Jeff Nero Hardy can make a crowd get out of their seats better than anyone i can think of, (Not to say Kev's not fantastic) I say Jeff Hardy FTW!

Ok as previously stated Nash was in NWO that angle redefined wrestling FOREVER Hogan may have been the center piece, but the fact remains this is WCW and the 5time world champ and 9time tag champ is not going down to Hardy. The most memorable loss Nash had in WCW was the fucking finger poke of doom. The man ruined the Goldberg streak. He had that much pull. If this was WWE then maybe and if it was a ladder match then probably, but its a regular match in WCW Hardy has no chance. And hurl those quad insults all you want but this is prime vs prime. Whisper in the wind botched with a Hall distraction big boot jackknife 1-2-3

Even in their respective primes, I don't see Hardy going over Nash here. Nash held the WWF Championship longer than anyone in the '90's and managed to win the WCW Championship a couple times in wrestling's biggest boom period. He's 1/3 of the most famous factions in wrestling history in the NWO; wherever Nash goes, history follows. Jeff Hardy couldn't beat Nash on his best day. In their primes Nash dominates Jeff Hardy in just about every way. I can see hte argument of kicking Nash in his knee a couple times but even Hardy and his crazy highflying style isn't smart enough to play off of that.

Nash. Hardy may be a big deal, but Nash held the world title for over a year. That says an awful lot, and considering that all Nash is going to have to do is hit a big boot to put Hardy down, this isn't much of a contest. Nash has experience against smaller guys like Rey, and if he can beat Rey (which he did), he can beat Hardy, which he will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back