Intercontinental Championship: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Rey Mysterio

My Prediction
Intercontinental Champion JBL (c) v Rey Mysterio - Obviously the build-up to this match has been very minimal, and therefore it doesn't really feel like a Mania match. If I'm being brutally honest, they should have this as the first match, to get the crowd gonig (with pops for Rey) early, but mainly to get it out of the way. I think JBL will win, then make this historic announcement - that he is retiring in his home state despite being a champion. Then going on to co-commentate with J.R.

That, in theory (other than Rey winning and JBL retiring anyway) is what I hope to happen. JBL was a great champ, but now is old and cannot wrestle.

what a waste of time this was, the WWe writers also should have quit after JBL, this would have been a perfect spot for Austin to have his moment , stun JBL, drink beers and say goodbye, but no

I find it funny that WWE wants to make the IC belt what it used to be and they have had 4 Champs in 6 months or so. Hell even the US belt only had 2. The US Champs hold the belt longer than the IC Champs, I don't know what that means, so you figure it. JBL got embarrassed again in his final match, by Rey. Hell, it took me more time to write this than it took for Rey to win.

I'm not a fan of constant title changes, and have made that clear all over the forums. But, I loved this. Here are my reasons:

1.) I hate JBL.
2.) Rey deserves a title reign of some sort, and this one is perfect.
3.) It was quick. We've seen them before, but it was different.
4.) JBL QUIT!

JBL started it out the right way for a bad guy heel. By kicking Rey before the bell, and putting the boots to him before we were officially under way, it made sure that everyone hated him, even in his home state. Rey winning quickly made him look legit, and made all of us JBL-haters mark out like never before.

JBL quitting sealed this is match of the night for me, although it wasn't much.

NSL Grade: C

Too short to do much, but I loved it, so it gets a grade.

Thank you JBL for quitting. But of course they put this match on over the tag match. But anyways bring Rey to smackdown to bring in viewers. Now bring back cruiserweight but Bourne on smackdown. Have a competitive division with bourne mysterio kendrick chavo and others.

so is JBL really done, or will he be back?
I know he wasn't going to be around much longer, but for WWE to have JBL quit like the with the career he had doesn't seem quite right. No, his career wasn't great, but it wasn't bad enough to end it abruptly like that.

I thought this match was going to be the worst match on the card. But thanks to the 21 seconds, and the 25-Divas match being horrid. I enjoyed it. Much Much better than I was ever EEEEEEEEVER! expecting.

Thanks JBL!

GayBL and Mysterio....

This match was so short, but I did not mind that at all since all of GayBL's matches are never really all that great. He got more heat than anybody, even Vickie. No one at the show liked GayBL from what I could tell lol.... Then of course his "historical moment" he kept hyping up that he was going to make.... not sure what it was supposed to be, because nothing felt historical about the match. He did get a loud "na na na na hey hey goodbye" chant, then whined and got even more heat, then apparently quit. So this means we might have seen the last of John Bradshaw Gayfield. If that is the case, then I won't miss him, I'll find another annoying heel to make fun of.

_

Wow. Mysterio looked like an absolute goon. total and utter fool. Someone shouldve pulled him aside and talked him out of that whole get up.

Anyhow, this was perfectly executed, and pretty damn hilarious. Loved the match, or what semblance of a match there was. 7/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back