Int Region, Toronto Subregion, Second Round: (3) Sting vs. (19) Sid Vicious

Who wins this match?

• Sting

• Sid Vicious

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Toronto Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Assume one week has passed since the first round match.

acc.jpg

42.jpg

#3. Sting

Vs.

sid-vicious1.bmp

#19. Sid Vicious

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

They've wrestled before, and Sting's beaten him numerous times.

That should be the only argument needed, but I can embellish some more... because Sting deserves it.

Sting's career is as great as any career in wrestling history. NWA champion, WCW Champion, TNA champion, and if he were ever in the WWE, he'd have a run with that belt, too. Sting single handedly gave WCW some life when it needed it the most by beating Hulk Hogan and fending off the NWO by himself on a few occasions.

Sid Vicious had a run or two here and there, but is simply not that good in the ring nor in drawing money. His promo's were terrible, his in-ring work was below average at best, and he was a liability when it comes to his demeanor.

Sting was a class act, and that class would show once again as he beats Sid.

Vote Stinger.

Sting is just better isn't he?

Sid is one of those people that fits a spot, but will largely be forgotten further down the line. As a formidable and large wrestler, he was able to win accolades, but none of his matches or feuds stick out as being particularly good.

It was only recently I heard in an interview Jim Ross say that Sid was perhaps the biggest main event dissappointment the WWE has had. They would throw great things his way and Sid would be all Sid like and it would turn crap. A great physique will only take you so far if it's literally all you have. He could be intense, he was a character, but never co-ordinated those things in the right way with accordance to who he was. I've seen worse, but never worse from someone who closed two separate Wrestlemania.

In the other corner is Sting, who was legitimately awesome almost all of the time. It took him within two years to go from debuting in the NWA to feuding with Ric Flair for the world title. That sort of career hotshotting was not so common in those days, Ultimate Warrior was a WWE parallel that as we all know ultimately failed after they threw every opportunity his way. Sting, however, did not and rarely did he ever. Add to that that Sting has had perhaps three primes in his wrestling career spread over two and a half decades, and even now at the age of 54 he exudes a lot of awesome. Yeah his matches are uneventful and he's nowhere near the worker he once was, but he's not bad eh? And few people in TNA can still touch him on the stick or in the popularity department.

I legitimately was a fan of Sid when I was younger, he was the first wrestler I was ever a fan of and got to see regularly along with Goldberg. And maybe it's smarkyness and age, but I have come to realize that he wasn't really very good no matter how good he may have seemed to me at the time. Sting is a wrestling great, the greatest man who never went to the WWE. Sid did and they probably regret letting that happen. Two men separated by quite a big gulf, Sting's easy win in this.

They've wrestled each other during their primes and Sting won. Guys like Sid are made to lose to guys like Sting. Sting is just better and more successful in every way. Maybe if Sid got a midget to plant a bomb on Sting's boat he would win but probably not even then. Actually Sid already tried that and it didn't work so I guess he has no chance.

I don't even know when to pick out Sting's prime is, the man has serious longevity. He was always a great wrestler to watch and constantly had exciting matches. Hs resume by itself takes out Sid without even breaking down intangibles. Sting wins.

Sting takes big Sid down with relative ease, considering Sid's size and resume'. Sting is just better at all facets of the pro wrestling business than Sid ever was; as has already been stated. Nearly 30 years of greatness ALWAYS trumps a career of wasted opportunity's at the main event gone sour..Sting in a landslide victory.

A definite blowout here. Sting is better in everyway. 30 years a great in the sport. So many titles, always the go to guy in WCW. Even when he wasn't the top guy he still carried the company. Sid was a guy who was on top in spots, but could never keep it going. There is just no way Sting doesn't win here.

On either TV or PPV, Sting and Sid wrestled four times one-on-one in their careers.

Halloween Havoc '90, Halloween Havoc '93, Road Wild '99, and on an episode of Nitro in April of 2000.

The only match that Sid was able to win was the Road Wild match-up. Sting won the other three, with the Halloween Havoc '90 meeting being the only championship encounter, with Sting retaining cleanly.

So no matter when you'd want to classify the "primes" of both men, Sting beat Sid in 1990, 1993, and 2000, basically showing a superiority against Sid that encompassed the majority of their respective top years in the business.

So we can easily show Sting is the rightful winner here, without even getting into the fact that Sting was a superior worker, a proven draw and a consistent top face of his company, and unarguably the top american star of the last 25 years who never worked for Vince; while Sid was an oversized, overpushed, clutz with limited charisma or appeal of any kind aside form his size, that never was seen as a successful main eventer despite multiple chances to hold world titles in both major companies.

And since this will be my last chance to do so this year, and it never ceases to brighten my day to watch it, here's that gif again...
sid-breaks-leg-a-s.gif

This tournament is annoying, you push for under seeded wrestlers to go through round one (Sid and Slaughter) and they make it, where it becomes completely irrelevant when they face a better opponent that cannot possibly beat. That's the case again here.

I vote in a number of ways -

1) Kayfabe matches between the two - easily Sting
2) Dominance over other main event talent - easily Sting
3) Career achievements - easily Sting
4) Who would logically be booked to go over - eaaasily Sting

Absolutely no way round it. Get out Sid, good run. On goes Sting.

Sting is the only choice in this. WCW's home grown megastar, well rounded in every single aspect of wrestling, great charisma and an icon of the business

Against Sid, a big guy with a great body, a powerbomb and half the brain that you do.

Be smart, vote Stinger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back