Int Region, Toronto Subregion, First Round: (11) Jack Brisco vs. (22) Sheamus

Who wins this match?

• Jack Brisco

• Sheamus

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Toronto Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

acc.jpg

mqpwkv7jugopo356r5ew.jpg

#11. Jack Brisco

Vs.

sheamus003.jpg

#22. Sheamus

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Dat face. Would you wana be in the ring with a man with that look on his face? Sheamus looks completely insane; makes me miss the heel Sheamus back when he won his first WWE Championship. But, ever since turning face, Sheamus has been an unstoppable force. He had one of, if not the, best Win:Lose ratio last year. He has done a lot since his debut, and is one of the top faces of the blue brand. My pick is Sheamus in this one, mainly because I want to see how far he can really get.

Sorry, Jack.

I'll take Sheamus over Brisco. I've seen Jack's work and he's good dont get me wrong but Sheamus is in his prime right now and just tearing shit up. He will go down as one of the greats when it's all said and done and he'll be passing Brisco on that list sooner rather than later.

Fun little fact; you know pro rasslin on the Supastatioooon? 6:05, Saturday Night, on the Muttthasheeep, TBS?

Yeah, you can thank Jack Brisco for that one; it was basically him and Ole Anderson that kept Ted Turner's superstation alive when it was stuck running old re runs of Green Acres and Leave it to Beaver. Of course, Jack and Jerry would also be responsible for a certain other fiasco that could have burnt TBS to the ground. But it was Jack that was the lead face of the company that taught Ted Turner that there's money to be made in the rasslin bidness.

And he also was one of the best draws in the southeast. Sheamus may be a hall of famer, but he isn't one now. Jack Brisco, on the other hand, is.

This is elementary. Jack Brisco takes him down, just like he would Ox Baker

Oh ye young whippersnappers.

Sheamus is indeed awesome, but he can't Brogue Kick you from his back. Jack Brisco was an excellent amateur wrestler and world champion for well over two years. He's more than capable of taking Sheamus down to the mat and tying him up in knots. On top of that, Sheamus has shown a tendency to being susceptible to quick falls, which Brisco could pull off with ease. Barring a fast Brogue Kick, Sheamus is in big trouble here.

Just because someone has a powerful finisher, doesn't make them invincible. Jack Brisco was an NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion during the height of the title's notoriety. Brisco wrestled in the era of Flair, Harley Race, The Funks, and Dusty Rhodes all while they were at the top of their game, and he's beaten them...

Sheamus just hasn't proven to be a consistent champion like Brisco has, and as KB said, it's tough to show off your power when you're on your back or trying to gasp for air as Brisco locks and stretches you until you pass out.

It'll be a brutal match, but Brisco should take this...

I'll take Sheamus over Brisco. I've seen Jack's work and he's good dont get me wrong but Sheamus is in his prime right now and just tearing shit up. He will go down as one of the greats when it's all said and done and he'll be passing Brisco on that list sooner rather than later.

He'll be passing Brisco sooner or later? That means he hasn't passed Brisco yet so wouldn't Brisco be the right choice here? Brisco was an excellent mat wrestler and helped to slowly usher in a newer style of pro wrestling. He's a decorated champion that's beaten the best in the business. Sorry but Sheamus still has quite a way to go before he passes Brisco.

Really? Sheamus will go down as one of the all time greats? For fucks sake, the guy is about as personable as my fucking pinky toe and isn't exactly a wizard in the ring, not to mention the guys already 35 years old. If by the time Sheamus retires and is unanimously considered one of the great wrestlers of all time, i'll likely throw a huge hissy fit.

As others have said, Brisco has wrestled with Ric Flair, Harley Race, and Dusty Rhodes while all three were in their prime. He's wrestled them, beaten them, and taken world titles from them. Sure he may not be a household name like Dusty or Ric, but that sure as hell doesn't take away from his accomplishments especially in the international region. Sheamus might have stood a chance in the WWE region because all of his success has come under the WWE banner, but here Brisco is to much. It would be a brutal, drawn out match just because Sheamus is much stronger and more athletic than Brisco, but it would all end the same, with a quick roll up victory for Brisco.

Sheamus exploded onto the scene a few years ago, and there's no denying that he's had some big wins and storylines. But, and there's a big but, he's against Jack Brisco here. Brisco is something of a forgotten man, but in North American wrestling the list of people who have had two 1 year+ title reigns is as follows:

Lou Thesz
Bruno Sammartino
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
Jack Brisco

If you ask me, that's some lofty company, and it goes to show the significance of Brisco in his career. Sheamus, as much as he may achieve, really wouldn't belong in a list like this, and should head out here.

I'm a big Brisco fan and this would be easy if you just compare careers - Brisco has done so much more than Sheamus.

Looking at primes and kayfabe results though, Sheamus has been booked super strong for a while. The most old school style in the WWE is Daniel Bryan and Sheamus had little difficulty in beating him - sure you can disregard the WM match as it wasn't indicative of style vs style, however the certainly accounted ok for himself in the 2/3 falls at extreme rules. Great match btw, one of my sleepers for MOTY 2012.

Brisco is better than D-Bry for sure, I just wonder if he ever faced a guy like Sheamus. He's certainly handled a lot of the positives Sheamus has - the size of Giant Baba, the striking of a Funk or Race.

I just reminded myself of Sheamus' career. Man, he's been booked insanely strong. WWE champion within 6 months, beating John Cena. Won the payoff match to the Triple H feud. Re-gained the WWE title, defended vs Cena in a cage. His World Title reign was decent as well, absolutely dominating ADR and D-Bry, two guys capable of the type of chain and submission wrestling he will encounter here.

I'm sticking with Brisco here, but I think a vote for Sheamus is completely fine. My reasoning is - Brisco is better than anyone Sheamus has beat, with the exception of Cena and maybe HHH. While he's looked super strong vs those two, the majority of his success has come in gimmick matches, with him losing the singles. Maybe that's a tentative reason, but I think that's enough for me.

Okay, fair dues, Brisco dominated the NWA for a two year period... in a career spanning 19 years and in a time when long reigns were the norm. Sheamus (whether people like it or not) has been booked very strong for the whole of his career - he is a three time World Champion, he has won the Royal Rumble and has been the KotR... all in less than 4 years of making it into the big time. In this time he has defeated every guy put in front of him, including the Hulk Hogan of the 21st Century John Cena.

Sheamus is more than capable of being given the win here... and it's St Patricks Day. Vote the Great White!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back