Impact Wrestling Reportedly in Talks With Jeff Cobb

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
As previously reported, Jeff Cobb is slated to return to Lucha Underground for the promotion’s fourth season as Matanza Cueto. However, it looks like another promotion might be interested in Cobb. Per The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling is interested in Cobb and has been in talks with the wrestler. The company was unable to put together a deal with Cobb to have him come in for the most recent set of tapings.

Cobb reportedly is looking to perform more regularly for NJPW. He recently took part in the 2017 NJPW World Tag League. According to the Observer report, Cobb’s Lucha Underground contract wouldn’t prevent him from working for Impact Wrestling.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/impact-wrestling-jeff-cobb-talks/

--

Impact officials are dipping pretty hard into the Lucha coffers these days, but given the exodus of talent after the recent tapings (let's keep this spoiler free, please), they need a new collection of talent to help sell the new direction of the company.

Plus, Cobb v. Cage (this is not a spoiler, as Impact themselves announced the signing here) would be great to see on IMPACT television.

Didn’t TNA go through this once before in having someone wrestle for them while legally signed to LU?

Didn’t TNA go through this once before in having someone wrestle for them while legally signed to LU?

Yeah, with Hernandez. That was a mess but I think LU does their contracts differently than those times. This would be a nice signing as Cobb as one hell of an athlete/wrestler. Him vs Fantasima in a wild brawl of a match would be epic to see. I would dig this signing as Impact needs some bigger guys as they help draw in viewers in my opinion. Hope the Monster Mantaza joins Impact Wrestling.

Yes, but this was before there appeared to be something of a transfer agreement/partnership between the promotions. It's what's opened the door to the likes of Johnny Impact, Taya Valkyrie, and Brian Cage, among others.

Yeah, with Hernandez. That was a mess but I think LU does their contracts differently than those times. This would be a nice signing as Cobb as one hell of an athlete/wrestler. Him vs Fantasima in a wild brawl of a match would be epic to see. I would dig this signing as Impact needs some bigger guys as they help draw in viewers in my opinion. Hope the Monster Mantaza joins Impact Wrestling.

Mantaza is a Lucha copyright. I seriously doubt they'd be given permission to utilize that gimmick, but they can still take advantage of his size in other ways.

They are also rumored to be in talks with Rey Fenix and Pentagon.

Say what you will about the state of the current roster, but potentially adding Pentagon, Fenix, and Cobb to a group that already boasts Aries, Alberto, Drake, Impact, Moose, Sydal, Edwards, Callihan, and Cage; that makes for one heel of a main event/upper-midcard scene(with more depth and better workers than this promotion has fielded in ages).

Though they still need depth in the Tag, Knockout, and X-division ranks(despite the tops of those divisions actually being somewhat solid in my eyes) the roster is already shaping up to look much better after the initial months of the Callis/D'Amore regime than anything we've seen so far in the Anthem era of Impact.

They can't call him Matanza. The way this works is: AAA is partial owner of Lucha Underground. AAA has a partnership with Impact. Therefore Lucha Underground talents can be on Impact but they have to use their AAA names. They can't use Lucha Underground exclusive names. That's why Johnny can't appear on Impact as Johnny Mundo. That's also why King Cuerno used his AAA name of El Hijo De Phantasma. But some guys use the same name in Lucha Underground and AAA such as Drago so they can use those names on Impact.

they should go after whathisname the former Judas Messiah guy? he was coolas the dominant heel Champ in LU

You mean Mil Muertes??
Cinsdeiring he burned TNA once not a great idea plus his body is starting to wear down he is only good for taking massive amounts of abuse and no selling like Taker
they should go after whathisname the former Judas Messiah guy? he was coolas the dominant heel Champ in LU

The only one who loses in it would be LU as they have not looked very good so far vs TNA stars
They are also rumored to be in talks with Rey Fenix and Pentagon.

Say what you will about the state of the current roster, but potentially adding Pentagon, Fenix, and Cobb to a group that already boasts Aries, Alberto, Drake, Impact, Moose, Sydal, Edwards, Callihan, and Cage; that makes for one heel of a main event/upper-midcard scene(with more depth and better workers than this promotion has fielded in ages).

Though they still need depth in the Tag, Knockout, and X-division ranks(despite the tops of those divisions actually being somewhat solid in my eyes) the roster is already shaping up to look much better after the initial months of the Callis/D'Amore regime than anything we've seen so far in the Anthem era of Impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back