Ricochet, Tessa Blanchard, Sami Callihan in Talks with Impact Wrestling

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
PWInsider.com is reporting Ricochet has recently had negotiations with free agent Ricochet about possibly signing with the company.

Ricochet, who is no longer under contract with Lucha Underground, would be free to appear on a United States based television program after January 16th due to a provision in his old contract.

PWInsider also noted Tessa Blanchard and Sami Callihan were two other names that could appear for Impact in the near future. It was said that Blanchard had previous talks with Impact and could appear on the post-Bound For Glory tapings, and Callihan would be debuting alongside oVe during the same shows.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/895...info-on-post-bfg-tv-tapings-possible-spoilers

--

Unless I misheard, I thought they effectively confirmed Callihan for BFG as muscle for oVe, so that one seems done (though there's no confirmation as to whether or not he'll be working the tapings or if this is just a one-off appearance).

Riccochet, however, would be a total coup. Nabbing him would produce a similar feeling to the company's heyday when pulling in major independent stars (Joe, Styles, McGuinness, etc.) was a regular feat for them.

Ricochet would be a big gain. He has WWE aspirations, he has said as much, but he is one of my favorite guys on the independent scene today. I would definitely tune in to see him so long as they dont restrict him to just being an X Division flippy guy. He isn't the best talker, but if he spends a little time with Impact, he could improve that aspect of his game and definitely help his WWE chances later on. Even if he sticks with Impact for a while, he is still young enough to develop into a big name for them.

Tessa is one I'm surprised that WWE hasn't snatched up yet. Not only does she have the pedigree, but she has a good look and is very solid in ring. She has done a few things for NXT, and she was always very over and her match in the Mae Young Classic was solid, so why WWE isn't on that train in a mystery. She would be a good addition.

Callihan has never really impressed me much, but most of my exposure to him was with that hacker gimmick in NXT, so I don't have the best sampling.

It would be nice to see Ricochet, Patron, and Mysterio in Impact. They would more then likely be a stable but they would be able to pull off big matches.

Not sure about the other two but hey, more then welcome in my eyes.

If I would get someone from LU if I was Impact, I would go for whathisname the former Judas Messiah? dude is great. He could get straight to the World title.

Neville's treatment by WWE has probably spooked Ricochet. Sami Calihan has also probably counseled Ricochet against going. I think Ricochet may end up going to ROH or back to Japan, as I would be shocked if Anthem lands him.

As we previously reported, Impact Wrestling was looking to bring in Ricochet and Sami Callihan for next week’s TV tapings in Ottawa.

PWInsider.com is reporting talks between Ricochet and Impact Wrestling have fallen through, and he is not expected to be working at next week’s TV tapings at this time.

Tessa Blanchard, who is also Ricochet’s girlfriend, is going to be at the Impact tapings, and Sami Callihan is said to be “100% debuting next week” due to be included in pretaped promos for oVe.

Depending on when the when the Impact shows aired, it’s possible Ricochet could work for the company, but not likely given the circumstances. Impact is taping enough content to most likely take them through the end of 2017, and (unless something’s changed) Ricochet can’t appear on another US based wrestling TV show until January 16th at the earliest due to a stipulation in his Lucha Underground contract.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/896...-more-details-on-next-weeks-ottawa-tv-tapings

--

I'm not sure why any Ricochet talks would be happening for BFG or the tapings after. There's no way they'd tape INTO the New Year. This seems like sloppy reporting. My understanding was that any talk of bringing him in would be for the new year, as the new report notes that he can't be used on US television January 16th.

Callihan has never really impressed me much, but most of my exposure to him was with that hacker gimmick in NXT, so I don't have the best sampling.

He was a completely different animal when he showed up in LU as Jeremiah Crane. I was skeptical at first due to his NXT run, but dude had some seriously nice matches in LU, including his triple threat match with Cage and Mil Muertes. He never really let loose in NXT like he could, seems like he had his moveset watered down possibly.

It'd be nice to see him get another big stage to perform. He works a stiff fast style that really translates well and is a pretty good promo as well. I don't really watch Impact, but if they keep bringing in some of my LU favorites I may have to change that approach, especially if they snag Ricochet. I do agree with you that they can't limit him to just X Division shenanigans, get that boy a manager and just let him do work in the ring.

Brian Cage is another one that has a great look, and can really go in the ring. He'll never go back to the WWE since he'd piss so hot the cup would melt. Wouldn't be a problem for Impact since they don't drug test.

Sami / Ricochet / Tessa are all really valuable talents on both the indy's and for a promotion heavily geared towards TV / Tapings / PPV / IPPV. If Sami went to TNA I'd actually probably start watching every episode or whatever he is on. He's a good guy in person and I'm a long time fan of his work.

All 3 could be very good for Impact as they build an incredible roster, Ricochet would be the stand out and even though he has the option of going to WWE he would make a lot more money with Impact (especially if he was also allowed to perform for other promotions) and would have much more creative freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back