Rey Mysterio to Impact Wrestling This Year?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by It's Damn Real!, Feb 28, 2017.

1. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2017/02/28/talk-signing-rey-mysterio-impact-wrestling-deal/

--

Given the timing, I'm not surprised, as this would likely be right around Bound For Glory when the company has historically always had a surprise (last year was Cody Rhodes). But it does conflict somewhat with the ADR report recently regarding TNA no longer being interested in his services given the price tag. I can't imagine Mysterio would be any cheaper.

2. WorstWrestlingExcrement

WorstWrestlingExcrement Getting Noticed By Management

If TNA lets go of the Hardys and to settle for Rey Mysterio Jr kudos to them and TNA can also try to sign Batista and CM Punk while they are it cause one talent every year is a slow start. TNA needs to also bring back Amazing Red as these 2 wrestled in the past and they can blow the roof down

3. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

Misterio is NOT going to sign with TNA. He makes $20K an appearance. If you think he is going to give up $2K to make peanuts, you have lost your mind. Anthem is going to go to some of the major Indies and grab talent that WWE did not want, or overlooked for some reason or another.

4. filthyanimalz

filthyanimalz Pre-Show Stalwart

I think the loss of the Hardys and Galloway is somewhat offset by the returns of Davey Richards and Cody Rhodes and the acquisition of Josh Barnett. I also see at least 5 or 6 GFW talents could join TNA.

5. TDFG

TDFG Championship Contender

What we have here is the rumour mill going wild. TNA has let The Hardy's, Galloway, Mike Bennett & Maria go so people expect them to have some money available to replace these guys.

I don't what remains there is to the GFW roster, maybe guys like PJ. Gabriel, Chris Masters, Jimmy Rave & The Hotshots are available but I don't see Scott Steiner reappearing in TNA and others like Alex Shelley have moved on.

If there is money available for talent acquisitions then they should use it wisely on rebuilding the roster, if the UK TV deal comes off then Nick 'Magnus' Aldis & Wade Barrett coming in would make sense.

6. WorstWrestlingExcrement

WorstWrestlingExcrement Getting Noticed By Management

I see TNA signing Rey Mysterio Jr and if it is true he asks for 20K an appearance he can take a cut deal sometimes you need to sacrifice sportsmanship and profitship to help a brand regain attention and since JJ made some agreement with Lucha Underground who knows where it all stands

7. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

firstly, i will say that i dont see CM Punk going to TNA. i think he's done with wrestling, but if he ever returned to wrestling...TNA and WWE are the last two places he'll go. my guess is if he ever returns, it's to ROH.

as for Batista, if TNA can sign Batista and even Punk then go for it, but i doubt either goes there. i think Batista would return to the WWE, i would be shocked if he goes to tna.

Same with Rey Mysterio, i just cant see Mysterio leaving where he's at now for TNA, not at his age. maybe, tna can get Wade Barrett or what's left of GFW
    s roster and maybe they can try to talk Cody to stay there more often, but my guess is that TNA eventually merges GFW and TNA and they take some talent from gfw...and maybe they get Barrett and Swagger. Punk is a no and i think the same for Batista and Mysterio, though i would go after all 3 if i were tna.

8. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

With Konnan joining TNA and bringing in a huge part of his boys, not to mention, it's very clear he wants to use TNA to give his Rebelion group a major TV presence in the US and Rey Mysterio is in fact a part of that group. Not just him, but Daga, Rey Fenix, Zorro and probably another very notable figure, Pentagon. If Fenix and Pentagon opt out of LU, they could very well jump too and with Konnan back there, I see it happening the second they're free to do so.

9. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Fenix and Pentagon would be a fucking coup of epic proportions should they pull that off. They're incredible workers and Fenix alone would instantly reinvent the X Division.

10. Dave

Dave Here we go, 10 in a row!

I really don't see Mysterio signing with TNA, to be honest. As has been said, he makes far too much money wrestling on the indies to go into a full time contract with TNA. And that's no joke. He is making about $20,000 a pop for most promotions. And most of the time he is working more than one per week. He is making infinitely more on his own than he would with TNA. Wrestling comes down to business at the end of the day and Rey has no loyalty to TNA to swing it on sentiment. I'd be really shocked if he signed.

11. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master

He's basically the same as Alberto El Patron aside from the LU commitment which is why I feel kinda comfortable. Konnan is in TNA now. He got him to AAA and then to The Crash. Essentially, wherever Konnan goes, he opens the door for his guys. I get that Rey does make more in the indies, but Del Rio isn't losing dates, I believe. He's still working WCPW and from what I gather, he's still open for WWC so indies are still an option for both aside from TNA.

12. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I would love to have Pentagon and Fenix in Impact Wrestling. Both of them are damn good and would be valuable additions to the roster.

But I don't think that it could happen, atleast in 2017. Lucha Underground Season 3 is half completed with a hiatus until summer. It will complete near the end of 2017, I guess and so there goes the possibility of both Fenix and Pentagon in Impact Wrestling in this year.

13. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In my opinion I doubt that mysterio would sign with tna unless they promess him to gave him a some sort of guarantee about royalties which would equivalate what he's making right now, which I doubt it will happen with the new management.

Plus I'm pretty sure that they would have to compete with wwe in this situation, because I read that they are interested in bring him in as a special attractions and maybe inducted him in the wwe hall of fame.