IMPACT Wrestling LD for 10.24.13 — The Aftermath of BFG, LIVE from Salt Lake City!

So apparently the X-Division is important enough to suck up the entire upper midcard for Bound For Glory but gets no time on the first Impact afterwards. Good to know.

The ending to Impact was the worst ever.

1. AJ didn't crash the car into anything
2. No one went through a table
3. A riot didn't break out and that's what I was watching for
4. The face made the heel look bad
5. Dixie didn't get one move in on AJ

/sarcasm

I like where this is going. I don't know exactly where it's going but I like it.

Welp, I think me and TNA are done for awhile.

This show was awful, main event was good, but one proper wrestling match in a two hour show isn't good enough for me. IDR had a good post recently about how he's not a "wrestling fan" but a TNA fan and I'm sure for him this show will be pretty good, but for me, the wrestling fan who watches the show with wrestling in the name who actually wants to watch wrestling, it was extremely disappointing, so much so that after watching TNA and keeping up to date with it since 2004 when I first got it over here in Ireland on The Wrestling Channel, I am done.

NJPW has an iPPV later tonight, might stay up for that.

I know that wrestling promotions use recycled gimmicks and what not. I get it. But this whole "AJ imitating CM Punk" thing that folks have referenced doesn't look like its gonna pan out. Glad AJ won the belt, but tonight, well, I'm at a loss for words right now.

Correct, this show, to me, was a pretty good one. Really enjoyed a lot of the fallout from BFG. I'm fine with there only being "one proper wrestling match in a two hour show" personally. Only one I fast-forwarded through was the Knockouts match.

Frankly, I cannot see how people do not see the similarities between AJ Styles in his current storyline and CM Punk during his infamous pipe bomb period. The storylines are virtually identical. That's not even a criticism as pro wrestling storylines recycle all the time, they have to. But Styles 2013 and Punk 2011 are very similar in terms of storyline. And I expect things to play out pretty much the same as well.

There is one big difference Punk wanted to leave the company AJ doesn't they're really not identical

Then why won't he sign a contract and what does he mean by "I'm leaving with this title"?

Don't get me wrong, Punk didn't exactly make total sense in his story either but AJ is just coming off as indecisive and whiny.

What does he want for TNA and what is he doing to make it happen?

Help us JGKY, you're our only hope.

There is one big difference Punk wanted to leave the company AJ doesn't they're really not identical

But did Punk really want to leave the company? Or was that more storyline, more kayfabe than the marks in the IWC wanted to believe?

Personally I don't think Punk ever wanted to go anywhere, and never had any plans to do so, it was all a work and it worked great. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Punk had secretly worked out a contract of some sort (possibly verbal) far earlier than any of us knew. And likewise, Styles isn't going anywhere (where is he going to go), the mutual plan all along is for him to stay put, and it's all storyline. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he already had a new contract too.

Correct, this show, to me, was a pretty good one. Really enjoyed a lot of the fallout from BFG. I'm fine with there only being "one proper wrestling match in a two hour show" personally. Only one I fast-forwarded through was the Knockouts match.

I feel the same way.

Enjoyed the show because it met my expectations.

Then why won't he sign a contract and what does he mean by "I'm leaving with this title"?

Don't get me wrong, Punk didn't exactly make total sense in his story either but AJ is just coming off as indecisive and whiny.

What does he want for TNA and what is he doing to make it happen?

Help us JGKY, you're our only hope.

He dislikes Dixie Carter so much that he doesn't want to stay if she's in charge of the show "kayfabe" I think his character has been pretty consistent and makes sense he wants TNA to change for the better and we'll see how he does this as the storyline progresses

But did Punk really want to leave the company? Or was that more storyline, more kayfabe than the marks in the IWC wanted to believe?

Personally I don't think Punk ever wanted to go anywhere, and never had any plans to do so, it was all a work and it worked great. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Punk had secretly worked out a contract of some sort (possibly verbal) far earlier than any of us knew. And likewise, Styles isn't going anywhere (where is he going to go), the mutual plan all along is for him to stay put, and it's all storyline. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he already had a new contract too.

I was speaking in Kayfabe in that post obviously both are works and Punk wasn't leaving the company really and neither will Styles but I think with Styles they should have him show up in other companies and defend his title and utilize the new 24/7 thing and have AJ off the show longer then Punk was

I was speaking in Kayfabe in that post obviously both are works and Punk wasn't leaving the company really and neither will Styles but I think with Styles they should have him show up in other companies and defend his title and utilize the new 24/7 thing and have AJ off the show longer then Punk was

I understand you were speaking from a kayfabe perspective, but it's all the same either way. Kayfabe Punk was dissatisfied with the state of the company he was working in. He butted heads with the powers that be because of it. His contract was allowed to expire due to a lack of respect extended to him because of it. And kayfabe Punk was prepared to leave the company, with title in hand, if things didn't change. Kayfabe Punk had no interest in re-signing with the company, and was perfectly content to walk out of the company with the main title around his waist, which he consistently threatened to do. Sound familiar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back