IMPACT Wrestling LD for 07.05.12 is LIVE!

Given the X-Division matches we've seen tonight, the PPV has the potential to be a disaster. Not saying it will be, but it very well could be.

From the reports I've seen they were in major peril until Sinclair saved them. Between that and their top talent all bailing and the iPPVs being disasters every time, they're in trouble and it's not showing any signs of it getting better. It's more of a hunch than anything else but things look bad for them at this point.

Best In The World had little to no issues, my issue was a fifteen minute lag which didn't really affect my overall entertainment. For every talent that leaves, a talent has been made. Adam Cole is going to be a big guy in Ring of Honor, Michael Elgin is going to be a big guy in Ring of Honor, as is Mike Bennett and others. Add that to the momentum of Kevin Steen, names like Homicide, Finlay, World's Greatest Tag Team - to be honest I can go on.

They had issues with two iPPV's, that isn't the end of the world. And as for what Mark Madden said on the main page, Ring of Honor aren't familiar around the area where they booked in the Carolina's, hence the low ticket sales. They aren't a huge company, but they aren't gonna go out of business.

From the reports I've seen they were in major peril until Sinclair saved them. Between that and their top talent all bailing and the iPPVs being disasters every time, they're in trouble and it's not showing any signs of it getting better. It's more of a hunch than anything else but things look bad for them at this point.

If Sinclair didn't come in, I do think they would be out of business right now. From what I heard, things were that bad. But luckily for them, and for ROH fans, Sinclair did save them. The iPPVs have been disastrous over the past few months, but their most recent iPPV worked like a charm and was one of the best iPPV streams I've ever watched. If they are able to string together some showings like they just had, I can see some positive buzz building. But they seem to shoot themselves in the foot every time they do something right, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it their, too.

And the talent issue is a big deal. They used to be able to replace talent, but with Gabe's companies snatching up a lot of good wrestlers who would fill out ROH's cards nicely, and with the lack of talent around the indy wrestling scene, replacing the leaving talent is going to be more difficult than it was in the past.

To be honest, ROH is quickly falling down the list of the company indy fans follow. For the past year or so, more and more people have been talking about CHIKARA more.

Best In The World had little to no issues, my issue was a fifteen minute lag which didn't really affect my overall entertainment. For every talent that leaves, a talent has been made. Adam Cole is going to be a big guy in Ring of Honor, Michael Elgin is going to be a big guy in Ring of Honor, as is Mike Bennett and others. Add that to the momentum of Kevin Steen, names like Homicide, Finlay, World's Greatest Tag Team - to be honest I can go on.

They had issues with two iPPV's, that isn't the end of the world. And as for what Mark Madden said on the main page, Ring of Honor aren't familiar around the area where they booked in the Carolina's, hence the low ticket sales. They aren't a huge company, but they aren't gonna go out of business.

If guys like Adam Cole, Mike Bennett and Finlay are the future of the company, they're in big trouble.

If Sinclair didn't come in, I do think they would be out of business right now. From what I heard, things were that bad. But luckily for them, and for ROH fans, Sinclair did save them. The iPPVs have been disastrous over the past few months, but their most recent iPPV worked like a charm and was one of the best iPPV streams I've ever watched. If they are able to string together some showings like they just had, I can see some positive buzz building. But they seem to shoot themselves in the foot every time they do something right, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it their, too.

And the talent issue is a big deal. They used to be able to replace talent, but with Gabe's companies snatching up a lot of good wrestlers who would fill out ROH's cards nicely, and with the lack of talent around the indy wrestling scene, replacing the leaving talent is going to be more difficult than it was in the past.

To be honest, ROH is quickly falling down the list of the company indy fans follow. For the past year or so, more and more people have been talking about CHIKARA more.

Richards absolutely killed it for me. They spent a year on him vs. Edwards and the big draw for that feud was Dan Severn? The feud felt like it just stopped going instead of having a big ending. There was no heel turn, there was no title change, there was nothing but Dan Severn. That style of Richards' drives me insane and it made me stop watching ROH. Think about that. It made ME stop watching a wrestling show. I sat through every episode of NXT and I couldn't make it through four months of ROH.

If guys like Adam Cole, Mike Bennett and Finlay are the future of the company, they're in big trouble.

Finlay's not the future, but he is a veteran with much needed experience and insight into the business that can help develop and scout talents, as well as put them over. His match with Michael Elgin had a great story of the veteran showing the young guy with similar characteristics how it's done, and despite losing, Finlay came out strong.

Adam Cole is a solid in-ring wrestler with a lot of fan support. Not the biggest personality but not the worst either.

And Mike Bennett continues improving, some good matches with Lance Storm, has the look, has a great personality and doesn't look like he fits into Ring of Honor, but because of that he is unique.

Richards absolutely killed it for me. They spent a year on him vs. Edwards and the big draw for that feud was Dan Severn? The feud felt like it just stopped going instead of having a big ending. There was no heel turn, there was no title change, there was nothing but Dan Severn. That style of Richards' drives me insane and it made me stop watching ROH. Think about that. It made ME stop watching a wrestling show. I sat through every episode of NXT and I couldn't make it through four months of ROH.

Adam Cole is actually pretty awesome. They are actually doing a good job with him. Tommaso Ciampa is someone else I'd keep my eye on.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of the Richards/Edwards/Severn storyline. God, that was some of the worst stuff I've ever seen. And their match was just so bad. I got really burnt out on Richards as a wrestler. ROH TV has gotten a lot better over the past few months, mainly due to Kevin Steen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back