IMPACT Wrestling LD for 07.05.12 is LIVE!

If Rhett Titus comes over with Kenny King, I smell a tag title run in the making. Just what TNA needs.

That was quick. I figured he would name Titus, but Grizzly? Nothing against him, but he's nothing special. He's about 5'2, and although he's ripped to shreds, he's not much at all. He's decent in the ring, and usually over with the crowds, but he will never make it above the indy level.

I have no clue if Titus is still under contract. I assume he is. I didn't know King wasn't under contract until about two hours ago. I find it weird that ROH put the tag titles on them a couple weeks ago when they knew King's contract was set to expire. That leaves ROH in an awkward predicament.

I'd have to guess that they have an agreement in place to get the title off King in a way that doesn't kill ROH, in exchange for King being able to come into TNA, but who knows.

I know nothing about any of them. My knowledge of ROH has been limited since Punk, Aries, etc. have all left. That show I was talking about was the last I went to and that was back in 2006 or 2007.

Nigel McGuinness v. Bryan Danielson (still can't call him Daniel Bryan) headlined, and they also had Homicide come out to cut a little promo since he was going to TNA at the time (to start LAX).

They can go two ways here that would make sense
Straight up give Jeff the points so Storm doesn't run off with the series
or
Have Storm win and build a huge lead only to be attacked by Roode to try and keep Storm form winning. Storm then barely makes it back in time to win the series and Face Roode

I prefer the latter.. more drama to it :)

I'd have to guess that they have an agreement in place to get the title off King in a way that doesn't kill ROH, in exchange for King being able to come into TNA, but who knows.

I know nothing about any of them. My knowledge of ROH has been limited since Punk, Aries, etc. have all left. That show I was talking about was the last I went to and that was back in 2006 or 2007.

Nigel McGuinness v. Bryan Danielson (still can't call him Daniel Bryan) headlined, and they also had Homicide come out to cut a little promo since he was going to TNA at the time (to start LAX).

I just find it weird that ROH would put the belts on him if they knew there was a chance he was leaving. Unless he didn't tell them or something.

Titus is pretty decent in the ring and, as far as I know, the only graduate of the ROH wrestling school worth a damn. He gets better every time he steps in the ring and has gone from comedy jobber to tag team champion. Titus would be a very signing to TNA as a tag team/midcard guy. The guy has a ton of personality and is always improving.

The company likely won't be there in another year so it's not a big deal anyway.

Just curious, but why do you think that? I'm not saying they're going to be at the level they are now, or have been in the past, but there is no way I see them not being in business this time next year.

With the exception of seeing Kenny King and this match, the whole episode was kinda a wash.

Just curious, but why do you think that? I'm not saying they're going to be at the level they are now, or have been in the past, but there is no way I see them not being in business this time next year.

From the reports I've seen they were in major peril until Sinclair saved them. Between that and their top talent all bailing and the iPPVs being disasters every time, they're in trouble and it's not showing any signs of it getting better. It's more of a hunch than anything else but things look bad for them at this point.

They can go two ways here that would make sense
Straight up give Jeff the points so Storm doesn't run off with the series
or
Have Storm win and build a huge lead only to be attacked by Roode to try and keep Storm form winning. Storm then barely makes it back in time to win the series and Face Roode

looks like they are going with option 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back