IMPACT Wrestling LD for 01.03.13 is LIVE and Features the Return of Sting!

did Mike Knox even look like that in the WWE? and really sting made his return using the ramp. uneventful ending to an otherwise good show.

That was the worst payoff to something i've ever seen. How the FUCK do you just have him walk down the ramp like that?

Fucking Christ. I want Russo back.

And the momentum of Aces and Eights continues, with the shocking reveal of Mike Knox as their newly unmasked member. Can this faction get any more dominant?

Still no big names in Aces & Eights BUT we got another unmasking finally!

What was the point of Anderson being out there though?

Mike Knox in Ace's and 8's? Lmfao.. I'm glad I gave up all hope for Ace's and 8's after Devon was revealed, it only gets worse.

I think Knox fits in well with the group. The guy has a hell of a presence and is very good in the ring, but offers absolutely nothing on the microphone. Putting him a faction like this can hide his weaknesses while getting the most out of his abilities.

Just to recap the unmaskings:

Hulk and Sting combined to get D-Von's mask
Joseph Park got Doc's
Sting got Knox's

In other words, two guys combined to be about 110 years old and a lawyer who isn't trained to wrestler managed to do what AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, and EVERYONE ELSE IN TNA couldn't combine to do. Yet we're supposed to view these guys as a major threat and they've been around almost seven months now.

I think Knox fits in well with the group. The guy has a hell of a presence and is very good in the ring, but offers absolutely nothing on the microphone. Putting him a faction like this can hide his weaknesses while getting the most out of his abilities.

The problem is you basically just described Doc. Also, after the first two reveals, this doesn't add anything at all to the team. At the end of the day, it's now three guys with almost no career singles accomplishments against some of the biggest names ever, which doesn't address any of the major issues the team has.

Alright, well everybody seems pretty down on tonight's episode of Impact, particularly with the Mike Knox reveal at the end. A few things to say about that:

1.) I actually enjoyed tonight's episode. Every segment seemed to "click", and had a reason for being there. I felt it started the build towards Genesis in a really positive way. Just a great show to kick off 2013 with.

2.) If you follow dirt sheets or social media in regards to wrestling, you've probably known Mike Knox has been wrestling under the mask of the fat Aces & Eights member for months now. Pretty much since the beginning that was revealed. So I'm really not disappointed knowing that he was a part of the group.

3.) Sting's return was anti-climactic. He should have come down from the celing or something. Wearing all black or his coat or SOMETHING. Don't just meander down to the ring decked in Impact swag. I also REALLY hate when one man takes out an entire faction one by one, while they all wait their turn to get their asses kicked.

4.) At the end of the day, we got a solid show, Sting is back, and another member of the Aces & Eights is unmasked. I thought DOC was a stupid choice, and while he's not been fantastic or anything, he also hasn't been a terrible addition to the team. He actually fits in well with them. So before we freak out about Mike Knox being a career nobody, let's give it some time to breath. Hopefully they don't go three months without another reveal, because I just can't handle that. But there was progression tonight, and that's all I really ask from this long, drawn out story.

Just because Devon, Mike Knox and DOC aren't all legends and well-respected guys, doesn't mean TNA can't use them as ruthless bikers that will beat the shit out of you in a pack of 8 guys. If NOTHING else tonight, rejoice in knowing at least a bit of the mystery has been pulled back from the angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back