IMPACT Wrestling LD for 01.03.13 is LIVE and Features the Return of Sting!

Well, to be frank, I meant more the second caretaker to JGKY, but regardless, sure, if you want to be defensive about the term "fanboy", go ahead with that.

Very well then... The general indifference in the Impact Zone when Mike Knox is unmasked... We should make what of that? Or, as I pointed to earlier, the fact the more people are tuning out in 2012, than any other time TNA has run on Spike.

You will note, of course, that Aces and Eights started right around June

I'm pretty sure that it was the time slot switch that had an affect on the ratings.

Not a bad show last night.

We had a fair promo with Hardy as the wrestler of 2012. Bobby Roode and Aries put on their comedy act, the triple threat was announced and Hardy beat up Roode and Aries. Only problem was Hardy's mic skill. He is so awful there. He tries to be effective on the mic but it doesn't work for me.

We then had the Bad influence and Storm encounter. A pretty good match put on and the backstage promo before was hilarious. I guess this was the only way to put these men on TV. Question is; what happens to these guys next? There are only 3 teams in the tag division and Storm started 2012 off with a man that was chasing the world title to a guy that has to have matches booked at the start of the show. This match was better than the PPV one by the way.

We had the Aces and Eights segment and Anderson still didn't give them an exact as to if he will join the Aces. I don't think he will. He doesn't fit in, I guess he's just trying to take their bribery for granted and when the time comes, he will get his revenge on them; a typical asshole.

Christian York faced Kid Kash in the semi-finals X-division tournament where the winner faces off with RVD at Genesis. A very disappointing match. Pretty cool from where athleticism enters but this has been the situation for a long time now where these guys don't pull off what the X-Division defines; "High-Risk daredevil moves". All we get now is a splash from the top rope and some athletic skills in the ring. None of those crazy high spot moves we used to get from guys like AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, Petey Williams, etc. Very disappointed with this division now. I reckon Kash can still pull of some classic moves as we learnt from that moved which he missed however, for some reason,he doesn't pull them off when he should. I blame the bookers for this in that case. York won and it looks like he will face Kenny King in the finals of the tournament, I expect it to be a good match.

Morgan and Ryan confronted the team of Hernandez and Chavo. Is it me or does Morgan seem to be running out of breath at the end of each sentence? Anyway, Morgan's promo was OK and Ryan faced off with Hernandez. I reckon the just wanted to show off his power. They really need more tag teams now. They have these 2 and Bad Influence and the same shit every week with these guys facing off is boring the hell out of me. I think Morgan is just using Ryan to be his bitch on the way to his road of vengeance on Hogan which I can't wait for. I really want to see this guy beat the crap out of Hogan. Matt will probably join the Aces as they are also held back guys after Hogan.

Mickie James and Tessmacher vs Gail Kim and Tara was a great match. 3 experienced women and a rookie. Tessmacher isn't exactly at the other Knockouts' level but is pretty decent for a rookie. It looks like they are putting Gail back on TV. Whatever happened to Velvet? Who is facing Tara at Genesis? Mickie or Tess? There have been great matches with these girls but a bad build up to an upcoming PPV. Jesse's managing work is great by the way.

We then had the Hogan and Bully Ray drama where Ray was suspended. Now I really think he will join the Aces and Eights.

The Aces faced off with Kurt and Joe. Angle really had some bad times with that cage door...Anyway, a pretty solid match but Sting's return wasn't as expected. I wanted a man in black sliding down a zip cord into the ring, we got a man walking down a ramp with a T-shirt an no entrance music. Knox was then revealed as a member of the group after Angle pulled off his mask. I knew the big guy was him all along. Impact went off air afterwards.

Not a bad show, the wrestling wasn't all that but the promo's were great. Match of the night: main event. Promo of the night: Aries, Roode and Hardy.

Overall grade C-

It is remarkable how many people don't understand this story simply because it isn't what they have come to expect. Watching people openly complain about things that are almost certainly going to be part of the actual story is somewhat amusing.

It is remarkable how many people don't understand this story simply because it isn't what they have come to expect. Watching people openly complain about things that are almost certainly going to be part of the actual story is somewhat amusing.

To think I actually agreed with you in the Raw thread. Not that I disagree with you here but what the heck are you talking about? You couldn't be more vague if you tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back