If you could bring back any 5 people that were future endeavored who would they be?

I would go for:
John Morrison: they started puching him when he had a great rivalry with Sheamus then shortly after that used him less and less which I never understood as i thought he was good in ring and on mic.
Carlito: was great for the first few years he was in WWE but yet again he eventually came to nothing although he seemed to be full of potential.
Batista: great as heel or face had amazing rivalries with Undertaker Edge & Orton to name a few.
Shelton Benjamin: like with Morrison & Carlito he had all the potential to be great but eventually came to nothing.
Bobby Lashley: would love to see him back and have a rivalry with Lesnar

I would go with Haas and Benjamin as my first two. They could really add something to the tag division, and would both make good singles wrestlers as well. I know they weren't great on the mic, but at the very least could be a strong tag team for the division.

Carlito- he was really good in his first couple years before he seemingly lost interest. I always though he was strong in the ring and on the mic and could help with the upper midcard, and the IC and US title.

Muhammad Hassan- he was on a tremendous run, and was great on the mic. He would have been champion if they wouldn't have done the terrorist thing on Smackdown which led to his release. WWE could definitely use someone like him now.

I have to go with a Diva for my last one and say Mickie James. She was on top of the women's division for a while, and things went south for her when she gained a few pounds, and the Piggy James angle took place. She along with Beth, Natalya, Layla, and the possibly returning Kharma could jump start the divas division if the WWE would get behind them.

1. Muhammad Hassan - Bloody awful timing and executed slightly poorly but a great gimmick. He generated serious heat, and was very good in the ring. I do think WWE were slightly to blame, some aspects of his character were taken too far, Davari's sacrifice. WWE could have done a better job editing Smackdown that week as it went out after the 7/7 bombings in London. They could have postponed the show to be perfectly honest. Apparently he was due to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

2. Paul Burchill - More of a personal favourite, just because he's from my local town where I grew up. I thought that he was brilliant in FWA where he was made to look like a monster, but when he was in WWE he was just badly used. He has skills in the ring but lacked mic skills, I think he would have worked well in the 80s/90s when there were lots of managers about.

3. Hade Vansen - Anyone remember him. As with Burchill I watch him in FWA. Thought he was great in the ring. He had on video package in WWE which I thought was brilliant, unfortunately he was never really given a chance in WWE.

4. The Brian Kendrick - I put emphasis on THE. I loved the character and it had great potential. I just wish WWE maintained his push but after the championship scramble (at Unforgiven if memory serves me correct). I don't think he was a WWE title contender, but I think he was definitely a IC or US title contender.

5. Perry Saturn - I always enjoyed watching him in the ring. I liked his wrestling style. He has a low centre of gravity which gave him a unique style in the ring. He was just given shit gimmicks in WWE.

I didn't include wrestlers who didn't sign a new contract.

5. Perry Saturn - I always enjoyed watching him in the ring. I liked his wrestling style. He has a low centre of gravity which gave him a unique style in the ring. He was just given shit gimmicks in WWE.

I didn't even think of him and I'm 100% positive that I wouldn't bring him back for a run today, but that's a respectable pick. He was released in 2002. So if we're talking 2003 or 2004, back when he was a little younger and in a bit of a better state mentally and physically, Saturn would nearly top my list. I always thought he got a little bit shortchanged coming to the WWE, as they mostly relegated him to the Hardcore title division (which I think fans tend to remember more fondly than it actually was) and foolish gimmicks.

Bottom line is, Saturn could flat out wrestle. He had the perfect look and a style that is not only one of my personal favorites, but that fit in with a lot of the guys that were main eventing or upper mid-carding in that era (think Angle, Lesnar, Benoit, Malenko, etc). In my own little imaginary world where ratings, merchandise sales, and age appropriate material don't matter, Saturn's the kind of guy that I'd give World Championships to.

MVP and Carlito both ASKED to be let go, so as much as I would love to see them back in the WWE, you can't really say they were future endeavored when they were the ones that wanted out.

Benjamin & Haas are massively overrated and aren't even the most interesting tag team in Ring of fucking Honor. Before KK left the company, ANX was better than WGTT, and the Briscoes still are.

Ken Doane AKA Kenny Dykstra would be a great pick but the heat that he has with Cena backstage would pretty much kill any chance of him having a decent career in the WWE.

My 5...

1. Paul Burchill. Here's a guy that has everything. He's tall, has the look, great worker, solid on the mic, and he's still only 32 years old. Plenty young enough to make great things of himself in the big leagues. The Pirate gimmick is outdated as Pirates of the Caribbean isn't as popular nowadays as it was when he debuted the gimmick, so just let him be him.

2. Katie Lea Burchill. Pair her up with Paul again, but give her the damn title. Great worker, EXCELLENT talker for a woman in the wrestling business, and somebody that actually knows how to get herself (and whoever she's a valet for) some real heat.

3. Chris Masters. Solid in the ring, hard worker, obviously has the look, could've been a World Champ any day if the WWE would've booked him properly. He has a desire to be better - what more could you ask for from a performer that has as much natural talent as this kid? Still only 29 years old...younger than Tyson Kidd.

4. John Morrison. It's somewhat inevitable that he'll be back within a year, but I need to mention him because he's so damn good. People say he sucks on the mic, but really he's a great heel mic worker and knows how to get heat the right way. He's cheesy as a babyface, but he's been working his ass off to improve during his time off, taking acting lessons and doing stand-up comedy to force himself to improve his talking ability. He was massively over as a babyface when he got hurt, and even when he came back and was jobbing to midcard champions, he still got into the top 2-3 pops of the night. So much potential here, just don't let him slip away, whether it be into another company's hands or out of the business entirely.

5. Ken Anderson. Unlike MVP and Carlito, he actuall DID get Future Endeavored, and now that I think the WWE sees Randy Orton in a bit of a different light due to the wellness violation while he was on top of the world, they're probably regretting allowing him to get inside their heads and fire Anderson. Bring back the Kennedy gimmick, it doesn't really matter what his name is. The guy oozes charisma, has a good enough look, and cuts excellent promos. To top it all off, he could be a real heel that the WWE needs. That "I'm an asshole" stuff wouldn't cut it in WWE, it isn't even remotely kid-friendly, so he'd have to go full-fledged heel and provide a solid antagonist that the WWE so desperately needs.

Good thread OP :)
John Morrison - This guy just has it. Future babyface champion a la Jeff Hardy circa 2009.
DH Smith - He can wrestle, he looks good, he can team with Tyson Kidd if need be...he fits in WWE.
The Boogeyman - Good comedy character. I also enjoyed his matches, and could see him fulfilling a Kane type role of a monster who can flit between the midcard and the main event, and flip flop between face and heel too.
Carlito - When he returned and confronted Cena in 2010, I was looking forward to seeing Carlito go over in a shock fashion thanks to some heel tactics or help from a heel associate. He is a unique moveset and look, and can talk too. WWE booked him horribly.
The Ultimate Warrior - I know this sounds stupid but hear me out. I could see him coming out with no paint or tassels to announce he's decided to give back to the business and work for HHH developing youngsters. He could then be cut off by a young heel who gets in his face week after week until Warrior snaps and cuts one of his rambling promos challenging the heel to a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back