If you could bring back one deceased wrestler..

N

Napalm Death

The title says it all. Who would it be? Give reasons, can be recent deaths or past deaths. (I apologize if this is the wrong part of the forum, and I also haven't seen this posted anywhere else. My bad if so.)

I'll start out by saying Owen Hart.

The reasons are pretty obvious on this one. Owen Hart was a great wrestler, a great perfomer, and an even better entertainer. Besides all of this, I believe that if Owen wouldn't have passed away, there could have been a good chance of Bret Hart coming back to the WWE.

Owen Hart could carry a match with anybody, and could make any tag-team he was in entertaining. Owen would be the number one man on my current favorite list if he could be brought back.

I would say Eddie Guerarro(sp?)

He was a great wrestler and entertainer. His entertainment only got better as his career went along. At one point he was the only reason I would watch smackdown. He was able to carry on his own, and I think he'd be an even bigger star now.

I agree with Owen Hart. If he had stayed onboard, there's no doubt in my mind he would've won the WWE Championship very shortly after what would've been his death, and would've stayed on top of WWE for years, possibly still being that high to this date, currently being in an HBK type of role.

Bret would've probably forgiven WWE with them, and we could've seen Bret in WWE one last time.

Many of the younger guys would've learned loads from Owen and we might have had a better product these days.

This is, however, a tough question... hindsight is 20/20 and who knows what would've happened if one guy was alive as opposed to an other. Eddie would've been world champ the day after his death. it's tough to say.

Eddie Guerrero. He did his shares of trouble and he cleaned his act, become a better father & a better husband. After he was clean for a couple years, the drug abuse from years ago still effected him and he was getting depressed, especially during his reign as champion. Then all of the sudden he passed away. He was a great guy in real life and overall, he was a great performer. Eddie Guerrero's character was the type that made you love him and knew he truly had a warm heart.

Even though the title says ONE wrestler, as a secondary answer, I'm going to say Owen Hart. The guy didn't make bad life choices by abusing drugs, his death was an accident. I have been thinking about this for years, and I am almost sure if he never died, Owen Hart would be in the WWE or World Heavyweight championship title history right now.

What Undertaker style?

If they returned would they be in there prime?

I'll assume yes.

If I was doing one I'd bring back Rude. But I'm picking more than that. Why? Because I'm admin bitch.

Rick Rude: This guy is so good he carried The Ultimate Warrior to an entertaining feud. His gimmick was awesome, when he had it. It's been overdone now though. I know he didn't originate it. But he made it his own.

Eddie Guerrero: One of my top 5 fave wrestlers of all time. There's not really much that can be said about him, that hasn't already been said.

Bam Bam Bigelow: The best big man wrestler evr. I would put him ahead of other fat asses like Vader and over tall guys like The Undertaker. He was certainly the most athletic big guy I've ever seen. Never got the push he deserved. No jobbing to a football star in the main event of Mania is not what I would consider a great push.

Curt Henning: Another that never got a proper oppertunity. Sure he was given mid card titles and pushed strongly. But he's one of those wrestlers who would have excelled with a world title.

As crazy as it sounds, i'll bring back Chris Benoit, only if this entire situation would ended different. Reasons? Pfff, now he would be the greatest ECW champion since Taz era...

The WWE is saying that they want to have big guys as champions atm.... not one of the big guys atm except `Taker could get a reaction like this guy... hes the original big man!!!

Then both curt henning and owen hart for technical styles to show the mid carders how to step up and be both great US/Intercontinental champions and WWE Champions!!!

As crazy as it sounds, i'll bring back Chris Benoit, only if this entire situation would ended different. Reasons? Pfff, now he would be the greatest ECW champion since Taz era...

I think that sounds pretty decent actually. A week ago, none of us knew that Benoit was going to die, and last Monday evening, before we knew the details of his death, all any of us did was praise and miss him. So I agree, I wish benoit was still with us, and this whole thing never happened.

I also wish the obvious two were still with us, Owne Hart and Eddie Guerrero, and I'd like to say more, but it's those three that are going to get the most praise in this forum simply because of the way the three died and the point in their careers they were in, that being signed to WWE at the time, therefore being the ones we remember.

In the idea of the forum, I'm going to jump out of the box a little bit. The forum is called "If you could bring back one desiesed wrestler". I'm going to say that one "Undesiesed" wrestler that I don't WANT to see go, although there has been speculation over the past year, is Kurt Angle. With the whole "Death Watch" thing, releasing him, and them him resigning with a different company, I don't follow him as much anymore, but would be devestated the day he died, espesially if it was soon, in the prime of his career.

I have to pick two for this question.

Number one would be Chris Benoit. Not just because he was a superb wrestler who would be an asset to whichever brand he was a part of. Mainly because it may mean this senseless tragedy never happened. He, Nancy, and Daniel would still be alive. Maybe whatever prompted him to do what he did could have been discovered and treated, which would have made him a better wrestler, husband, father, and person. His legacy would never have been tarnished in the manner that it has. WWE wouldn't have all of the negativity associated with it that it now will have which can only affect the product negatively, and I think will make the return of such guys as Jericho or RVD even less likely.

Number two would be Owen Hart. Taken well before his time in such a tragic and accidental fashion. He was a consummate professional in the ring and out of it, who would have been such an asset to the WWE as a singles competitor or as part of a tag team. Plus I think this would have done so much to mending fences between Vince and Bret, and maybe we would have seen Bret back in the WWE in some capacity, which unfortunately now will never happen.

Honourable mention to Davey Boy, Bam Bam, and Eddie.

Either Brian Pillman or Eddie Guerrero. Both of those guys were extremely entertaining and funny. Eddie Guerrero was such an awesome wrestler. I miss his frog splash and slingshot plancha. He's a true respectable wrestler that has overcome the odds of both personal struggles and business-oriented conflicts. He was even the IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion at one point.

I would definitely say back Eddie Guerrero because he was a great in-ring performer and put on great matches for the fans. Not only that, but despite all that he went through in his personal life with drug and alcohol addictions, he made the right decision by becoming clean. He was able to overcome his personal demons and give a great example to other people that deal with internal struggles.

As much as I want to say Owen Hart, I will go with Curt Henning. He would be such a great influence on the young guys right now, even if he wasn't wrestling. I'd make him Smackdown GM in a heartbeat. He truly was a total package of strength, skill, looks, speaking ability, and presence.

I assume bringing Marty Jannetty's career back from the dead doesn't count?

So many to choose, and that is a sad thing. Maybe bring back all the Von Erichs, Yokazuna, Junk yard dog, British Bull Dog, Dino Bravo Big Boss Man, Bruiser Brody.....

There are 100's of wrestlers who died early who i would all wish could come back. Benoit, Guerrero, Barr, Rude, Awesome, BamBam, hell id even like to see Big Boss Man come out and cut a promo on Glacier again."Come get some of the Dungeon, karate man!"

But out of them all, i would say Curt Henning, but not as Curt Henning, the wrestler from WCW, i mean Mr. Perfect. To me he was the 2nd greatest "heel" out of the late 80's, early 90's. Second only to Ric Flair. His vignettes where he was playing sports were classic, genius, and hilarious all rolled together. He was a great I.C. Champ who never got to step up to that World title scene, which I think he would have excelled in. Hell, i even liked him when he was commentating!

My pick: Mr Perfect

There are 100's of wrestlers who died early who i would all wish could come back. Benoit, Guerrero, Barr, Rude, Awesome, BamBam, hell id even like to see Big Boss Man come out and cut a promo on Glacier again."Come get some of the Dungeon, karate man!"

But out of them all, i would say Curt Henning, but not as Curt Henning, the wrestler from WCW, i mean Mr. Perfect. To me he was the 2nd greatest "heel" out of the late 80's, early 90's. Second only to Ric Flair. His vignettes where he was playing sports were classic, genius, and hilarious all rolled together. He was a great I.C. Champ who never got to step up to that World title scene, which I think he would have excelled in. Hell, i even liked him when he was commentating!

My pick: Mr Perfect

Actually, Mr. Perfect has been in some World title matches in the WWF and you do know that he was the AWA World Champion before arriving in the WWF, right? I think Mr. Perfect is one of the best ever. Sure, by today's standards two Intercontinental reigns don't seem like a big deal, but back then, winning the IC title was almost as credible as winning the World title.

I'd like to add him to my list of deceased greats that I'd love to bring back if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back