IC25 Calling Out Mighty NorCal

Oh wow crashin's said the thread is going nowhere. Lets stop posting guys.

Cage matches should just be left off PPVs. It's a good gimmick for live TV, just lazy for PPVs. The only reason Sheamus and Cena had one was so that Sheamus could beat Cena again without pinning him.

I disagree. I think Cage matches are better than Hell in a Cell matches. I'd like to see more Cage matches and less Hell in a Cell matches.

And Elimination Chambers. God, they're already becoming over-saturated.

I disagree. I think Cage matches are better than Hell in a Cell matches. I'd like to see more Cage matches and less Hell in a Cell matches.

I think it ha s a lot to do with the renaming and repackaging of some PPV events. No Way Out is basically an Elimination Chamber event now and we obviously have the Hell In A Cell PPV too.

Cage matches are more rare and I appreciate them more when they roll around.

As for this subject, I think that cage matches should be settled by pinfall or submission. Any time I see endings like we saw at Money in the Bank, I can't help but feel tat it is a cop-out. A necessary cop-put? Perhaps. But a cop-out all the same.

No Way Out is basically an Elimination Chamber event now

Basically?

eliminationchamber2010.jpg

I'm with IC25.

The "Cage Escape" finish of Steel Cage matches, in theory, means that the victor has outlasted his opponent so much that instead of keeping him down for just three seconds, he keeps him down from the time it took to land the move that truly took his opponent out to getting to the top of the cage, to climbing over. Either that, or you get a suspenseful race to the finish, like we had with Cena and Sheamus the other night.

The "Cage Escape" finish also has led to some of the most awesome moments of the past decade or so. If it weren't for that, we would never have had Angle's Moonsault, Benoit's Diving Headbutt (well, we know what this ultimately helped lead to, but it was really cool at the time), and Hardy's Whisper in the Wind on Umaga from the top of the cage.

There's a lot more work involved in a cage match. It's also the reason they're in the cage to begin with. Long before HIAC, the reason of the match was so scores between two hated rivals was settled. You had to face your opponent, and there was nowhere to run. Beat the shit out of him, then go ahead and climb over. I was never a fan of pinfall or submission being a way you could win cage matches. Why bother having them in the first place?

Yeah, people are forgetting how outside interference has impacted the way we view Steel Cages. It used to thaqt the steel cage was all about the heel and face being locked in there, just for the blow off. Now the focus of a cage match is about keeping outside interference away from the match.

In short, the exponential growth of outside interference in wrestling means the psychology of the steel cage match has shifted from keeping the wrestlers in, to the interference out.

We see HIAC and EC once a year. I don't think that over-saturation. Cage matches used to be the shit, and I think they can still have good ones if WWE commits to them, but they belong on RAW and SD. On PPV they just feel awkward.

So let's see if I get this right...

1. NorCal stated he didn't care. After screaming at me on Sunday.

2. After a few other people post, he started posting. In here, mind you, not in the actual thread.

3. he's even got Sly on his side...

How is the thread in the General Wrestling section not bursting with THIS fucking debate!? ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING COWARDLY OBNOXIOUS SPAM-MONKEYS!? You are all the Jeff Hardys of SPAM! Meet me in the original thread and let's have this out!!!

So let's see if I get this right...

1. NorCal stated he didn't care. After screaming at me on Sunday.

2. After a few other people post, he started posting. In here, mind you, not in the actual thread.

3. he's even got Sly on his side...

How is the thread in the General Wrestling section not bursting with THIS fucking debate!? ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING COWARDLY OBNOXIOUS SPAM-MONKEYS!? You are all the Jeff Hardys of SPAM! Meet me in the original thread and let's have this out!!!

I'm not on NorCal's side, the WWE is. I actually like the escape part of the match, because it incorporates a whole new psychology to the match you won't see any other time. For example, it allows Bret and Owen to put on two completely different, but both outstanding matches back in 1994.

Not saying it's what it should be about, I just like the added element.

I posted my opinion here, and in the General Section. No one's yet to argue about how the psychology of wrestling has changed, due to outside interference. Once someone does that, I will happily debate it

I posted my opinion here, and in the General Section. No one's yet to argue about how the psychology of wrestling has changed, due to outside interference. Once someone does that, I will happily debate it

^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back