I fucking hate..

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
when you're a few minutes from closing and people come and order food like 3 minutes before. I work at a fast food place. It was 1:57. We close at 2. Dude came through and ordered like 8 sandwiches and a shitload of other stuff. We had been dead for the past 15 mins and had no meat on the grill, and had all the condiments and stuff wrapped up. Whatever. That's annoying. My first real job. I worked 17 hours last week, just got my first paycheck. Did 32 hours this week. I work 5-10 on Sunday. We get paid every 2 weeks. So I get ANOTHER week of 5-close hopefully. That'll be a phat ass paycheck.

I was at a concert once, and the place was literally 2 minutes from a Wendy's. Concert ends, mass exodus, tremendous line at Wendy's. They closed at midnight, with about a mile's worth of traffic sitting there.

This is the opposite of your topic, but I felt the need to add it.

Lmfao. That's fucked up.. Drive-Thru closes at 2. Inside closes at 10.

The concert ended around 11-1130p, so it's not like they didn't know they were coming. It was a Friday night too. Fucking people...

I feel your pain, bro. The pizza place I currently am employed by closes at 10 during the Week (Sun.- Thurs.). We routinely get one douchebag, almost everynight, who calls his damn order in at five minutes till. When we tell this ass that he needs to be there by 5 after ten. He shows up, like fuckin' clock work, at 10:20 or later. Fuckin' aggravating.

I mean like. I've never done that. I've been out to eat at places late before, but never like.. few minutes before closing. I know there's people in there who've been working their asses off and want to go home. I'm not gonna make them take all this shit out and get things ready so I can have some nuggets or a cheeseburger. PLUS. The other manager the assistant manager, he gives out all these discounts to people and that shit is veryyyy against the rules, and law. It's stealing basically. Dude came up through the drive-thru and had like.. $25-$30. He gave us like $5 and was like hook me up. Manager got PISSEDDDD. He was yelling at me to get him free soda and water and all kinds of shit. Someone shut the window and he was in his car trying to open it. Then he was giving me all these dirty glares trying to intimidate me. He was a super douchebag.

Those are the people that get a some frummunda cheese on their burger.

I share your pain in a whole other way. Our doors are to remain unlocked and open for business until 10pm (11pm on the weekends) and not to be locked a second sooner. I've literally been dead from 9:30-on, on weekdays and 10pm-on on weekends.. only to have everything "soft counted" and finished.. then have a group of morons walk through the door AS I'M TURNING THE OPEN SIGN OFF.. and ask if since the door was open, they could get a movie.

The classic phrase used here is "Don't worry bro, we know what we want."

A.) I'm not your "bro"

B.) No you don't.

C.) THANKFULLY, if they take longer than 5 minutes beyond time of close - I have the right to refuse service and kick them out of my store. (on a side note to this, I've never done such a thing and never had to.. normally I'm good enough to allow them time to look, unless it gets beyond the 15 minute mark)

Its annoying to have things counted, but on the flip side.. technically, you aren't suppose to "close down" anything, until you're officially closed. So on that note.. its my own fault.

And in relation to the Fast food industry.. you should implore what some Pizza places now do. Stop taking orders for food 30 minutes before close. So, technically they're closing at like "midnight", but they stop doing actual "customer service work" at 11:30pm.

I've had plenty of nights getting out of work and just barely making it to the McDonald's 3 blocks up the road before they're set to close 10 minutes from the point I walk in the door. They know me, and we have a good relationship with me getting food and them getting my money.

All the pizza places near me stop taking orders about 45 minutes before closing, so they can get all their food out, and have their drivers back in-store at the time of closing. This way, everyone gets home early.

It also lowers the amount of overtime people get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back