My Boss...

Laughing at a guy that works at McDonalds? Really? Do you laugh at em when you pull through the drive-thru to get your Big Macs? What a douche... And in today's economy...at least he has a job...

I get 15.50 an hour. That's Australian dollars, minimum wage and without the American custom of tipping 15% or something like that... and I do everything.

I used to work in McDonald's. The store managers were fine, the staff trainers were fine, but the middle managers were mostly *****. One shift, we found a flies nest underneath the kitchen floor. It didn't affect the food at all where it was, but obviously it had to be dealt with. Tastycles, being the intelligent chap he is, suggested that boiling water with a bit of soap in it would quite easily solve the problem at a cost to McDonald's of about 12 pence. The managers decided that a better idea would be to pour about 10 gallons of industrial solvent down there, at a cost to McDonald's of about £50. The same manager wouldn't let me have a large fries with my sandwich because of the cost, and made me replace it with a medium.

I used to work in McDonald's. The store managers were fine, the staff trainers were fine, but the middle managers were mostly *****. One shift, we found a flies nest underneath the kitchen floor. It didn't affect the food at all where it was, but obviously it had to be dealt with. Tastycles, being the intelligent chap he is, suggested that boiling water with a bit of soap in it would quite easily solve the problem at a cost to McDonald's of about 12 pence. The managers decided that a better idea would be to pour about 10 gallons of industrial solvent down there, at a cost to McDonald's of about £50. The same manager wouldn't let me have a large fries with my sandwich because of the cost, and made me replace it with a medium.

Sounds like that chap really had it together.

It was a lady.

The place was a pretty good advertisement of stupidity. I burnt my finger, and a piece of lettuce got stuck to the wound.

Tastycles: That is absolutely disgusting
Girl: I don't know what that word means, but it sounded really cute when you used it
Tastcyles: What word?
Girl: Absolutely
Tastycles: You don't know what absolutely means?
Girl: No, what does it mea
Supervisor: It means absolutely!!

Sounds like the experience I had at Shop Rite (a supermarket) The owners, Store manager, Department managers were nice, the Assistant Department manager and supervisors were *****.

We pay a lot more than other places because honestly the work is harder. We have two greeters and the only reason they are greeters is because they're under 18 meaning that can't use the grill or pour beers. Everyone else has a pretty big work load. Prepping 10 lbs of potato salad/coleslaw/mac salad/homemade onion rings and a lot of other shit every morning. The first shift starts at 7 am and every shift is 8 hours. It's fun for me and the couple of older girls that work there that run the registers and manage while I'm not there but it's still hard work.

I've also realized that people need something to work hard for. Keeping your job isn't enough. When we first opened everyone started off at $9.00 and the cooks at $12.00 and after a couple of months the people that worked hard enough and stayed with us got raises. We can pay so high because honestly our food is kind of expensive.

So clearly McDonalds seems to have an attraction for idiot customers. Where else does a vegetarian who hates salads go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back