I've waited

THE Madcap

I'm MASSIVE and RIPPED
...Months and months, then the longest week in working history, get to the shop at 5:58 (close at 6), got asked to do food shopping and taxi service, waited for my housemates to finish their Pro Evo tournament, put the game in, waited 20 mins for my "much needed" PS3 update to play....

TNA iMPACT

and now the thing's been installing (what it's installing I don't know) for about 10 mins.

Do TNA want to actually keep any fans? Bearing in mind the average rating this game has got is 6/10

The game is being sent to me for the xbox 360. I have no clue what this whole "update/wait time" for the PS3 is.. but I imagine the 360 will have a version of it too.

I have to admit with the reviews I've seen thus far, I'm not liking the overview of the game. And I just found out apparently the King of the Mountain match as well as 6 sides of steel, neither one are in the game. Seriously, so we have Ultimate X, Tag and Single's.

Oh, and everything is always contested under no DQ, so apparently if we wanted to get creative and "pretend" our selected Superstar(s) haven't had any sleep in 24 hours.. I guess it could be a Monster's Ball match. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah, by the way I'm not BUYING this game either. I'm renting it, most likely to buy depending on how it plays. If I like it, I'll keep it and buy it. If I don't, it'll be shipped back within 2-3 weeks once I've done all that can be done on it to make sure I do or don't like it.

I've won about two matches, but I'm shit at games. It's ok. But it won't keep me playing for long. The male roster is as complete as you'd expect, the gameplay is fine. But there's nothing that'll keep me going till the next one comes out. And after seeing all the shit that's going to be on this years SvR It looks like I'll be playing that for a while.

I've won about two matches, but I'm shit at games. It's ok. But it won't keep me playing for long. The male roster is as complete as you'd expect, the gameplay is fine. But there's nothing that'll keep me going till the next one comes out. And after seeing all the shit that's going to be on this years SvR It looks like I'll be playing that for a while.

The overall excitement of playing as A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels and a couple other T.N.A. originals (even Sloppy Joe) will have me starting out not caring how crap the game is.. I'll try my hardest to make it work.

The lack of options is kinda disappointing though. I mean, people can use the lame excuse of "it's their first attempt" but look at the W.W.F.'s first SD game.

It had a lot of great options and match features. It had backstage interaction, and if I recall, it even had a create-a-p.p.v. function.

T.N.A. could've at least added a fricken Steel Cage, I mean, how hard is that? They obviously went out of their way to make sure Shark Boy is in the game.. and get this.. one of the achievements is using Shark Boy and defeating EVERYONE ELSE on the roster. Yeah, fuck.. that.

All I want is stat building. It's all I ask. That's what will keep me playing all year round, eevn if a game is shit.

I still don't get why they'd add Ultimate X (which I haven't tried yet), and not a ladder or cage. Fans expect them, so it's a big loss if you ask me. Not for me, I couldn't care less. But Ultimate x is a selling point, cages and ladder aren't anymore. They've just spunked their big sequel idea on the first game. And the first game should do well anyway.

I won't buy the game. I'd rather wait for Sd vs Raw 09 and the new Call of Duty game.

if you're not bothered about TNA, don't buy the game. It's not all that. I'm not bothered, only bought the game so I could play as AJ, MCMG and Daniels...without having to create them on SD v RAW. The sequal should be immense though.

Borash refers to the ring as the squared circle. Even though it's a hexagon. TNA is stupid. But the storyline is amusing. In a please don't last too long kind of way.

Also Senshi is in the game, so those freaks at IGN tell me. 200,000 points or something.

to be honest, i don't think i'm gonna try it unless i need to in story mode. Ultimate X isn't a wrestling match, it's gymnastics.

I'm not overly fussed about it myself. I'll just wait to the end of the story mode. Glad Pro Evo is out in a month or so tbh.

In the storymode, ar you a custom charecter, or som dudecalled "Suicide"? Cause I've eard both, an I want to know whats what. I might rent this game for the PS3. I'll get the 3 day rental about 1 day befoe I move a few miles away:)

You don't wrestle as Suicide as such. He get's taken out by LAX. You then have facial reconstruction, which is just you making a CAW.

No Petey Williams. But if you get about 1,000,000 style points you get somebody called Afro Thunder, and I hear Don West.

Finished it on Sunday. Got the game on Friday and after 2 strops about losing to the same guy on Friday (James Storm) & Saturday (MCMG) evening I finally finished it. Story mode that is.

Got Senshi and now I'm just kicking ass with either Senshi or Shark Boy.

I'm only on the PS2 version so no points for beating everyone with Shark Boy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back