I AM THE Royal Rumble Live Discussion

Jericho is nothing but an upper mid carder and Edge is a transition champ. Why is everyone excited?

The negativity here is amazing lol. Jericho is a Main Event Wrestler but he is time to time a upper mid carder. And Edge has had the title a few times for a short reign but I wouldn't call him transitional when he's clearly not. This was the best WWE PPV since Summerslam but still people got shit to gripe about, how new for the internet...:rolleyes:

I'm telling you, Jericho vs Edge isn't going to be the mania title match. If it is, expect something huge on the card like Rock vs Cena. They will just do that at Elimination Chamber.

All things considered, this was actually just an average Royal Rumble. Nothing special about ANY of the title matches. Let's face it, the matches were pretty bad.

And the Rumble was just average.

Once you get over the excitement of it taking place now, you can look and clearly see that this Rumble was a disappointment.

No Hurricane.

But aw hell, who cares. Great Rumble. Punk's mid-match promos were fucking brilliant, as was BEth Phoenix being in and Edge returning. Loved it.

All things considered, this was actually just an average Royal Rumble. Nothing special about ANY of the title matches. Let's face it, the matches were pretty bad.

Once you get over the excitement of it taking place now, you can look and clearly see that this Rumble was a disappointment.

I actually agree with Sid on this point. This Rumble was not anything special at all. Even the Edge win was very predictable. Does not take away the fact that I marked out like crazy because I called this outcome months ago.

That's the last damn thing they need to do. More Triple Threats? Fuck that, they've done that for like five years in a row now. Edge vs Jericho would be an awesome match.

I wouldn't mind seeing Edge-Cena again either. Way too soon to get him back involved with 'Taker though.

But Edge doesn't deliver unless he's with Cena and I don't believe Jericho's character will be capable of holding over.

I kind of agree with Tasty..

The negativity here is amazing lol. Jericho is a Main Event Wrestler but he is time to time a upper mid carder. And Edge has had the title a few times for a short reign but I wouldn't call him transitional when he's clearly not. This was the best WWE PPV since Summerslam but still people got shit to gripe about, how new for the internet.

It isn't negativity, I like suspense but I don't think they will deliver and I don't think either one is good enough to headline Mania.

Neither. There is no way the title is coming out of the Elimination Chamber unscathed on both brands. I think it might be Edge vs Orton (Edge as face)

Edge will fight Jericho at the Elimination chamber, and the two matches will be for the titles.

I pretty much agree with this.

Well it's not like I'm going to be watching and rewatching the Rumble. It was enjoyable as it happened, so I loved it.

You are so right, after the excitement of this WWE PPV goes away and we all get out of notebooks and analysis the PPV step by step we'll find something to complain about.

The title matches were a let down, yes. They tried to throw a curveball in there with Miz/MVP and it didn't really work. I thought the Rumble match was pretty good though. There wasn't a lot of submission holds and laying down. Lot of unexpected eliminations and fast action.

Here's my review for the night:
Christian def Zek B+
Miz Def MVP C+
The waste of time Women's segment F
Sheamus def Randy Orton B-
Undertaker def Rey Mysterio C
The Rumble (from what I saw of it) B
Overall show: B-

The Rumble match was pretty good. The rest of the show was meh.

I think the Edge surprise, kind of surprise, I was shocked he wasn't number 30, was kind of interesting. Having him win was kind of obvious. But, that doesn't make it less cool to me. Punk's work early was very good. Having HBK and HHH eliminated was a bit shocking to the 90% of the audience that assumed they were winning. Beth eliminating Khali was cute.

I think the Rumble match was good, but not good enough to get the entire show over a C. The company has been operating at about that level for a year now, so, it makes sense.

I don't think it was planned for HHH to go out that early.. Injury? I saw it again and he was holding his leg and such...

Decent enough event. Started off nice with the surprisingly good Christian-Zeke match, got really slow and boring in the middle with a bunch of wasted title matches, picked up again with a really good Rumble match. Not particularly great event, but certainly not terrible. TLC last month was better.

I don't know...maybe like a C for the show. Average but with a really fun Rumble match.

I don't think it was planned for HHH to go out that early.. Injury? I saw it again and he was holding his leg and such...

Agree I was thinking the same thing. I saw him get gimpy in the match and just thought he was selling it and then he really looked hurt and had Shawn toss him. Solid Rumble match, glad Edge won and CM Punk certainly was the star of the early part with his promo cutting, great move by creative.

Yeah, him and Shawn double clotheslined someone out and then HHH came up limping. I think he was meant for the last four rather than Cena. So they would have had HHH, HBK, Edge, and Batista.

Yeah my cousin just told me the same exact thing... Well not the Cena thing but he said he saw HHH limping and whispering...

I disliked all the quick eliminations. I had hoped more storylines to be pushed tonight. Although, CM Punk was great, wish that lasted longer. I wish Edge came back at 30, but the #30 has won too many times as of late. Batista was a bit of a bore at 30 for me.

What a terrible PPV.. the regular matches were just awful with the exception of a pretty average Christian match. What a horribly slow WWE title match.. and do you think they could at least make Rey look like he could have more then 5 seconds of momentum at a time to make the match somewhat interesting?

And then the rumble.. couldn't they spread out the jobbers a bit more to make it a bit more interesting? Maybe keep an upper midcarder in the ending to maybe make it a bit more exciting then the typical crew? Has there ever been a more fitting poster boy of the WWE's booking then that. They seriously couldn't put a guy like CM Punk in there? Hell even if I'm not his biggest fan they had Kofi in the perfect position to at least look pretty good and he didn't do squat.

At least there were some memorable moments, Punk GTSing Beth.. his little streak there.. it's really a shame he had to be eliminated so quickly after it.

Oh well, another day, another predictable and mediocre WWE event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back