Hulk Hogan is the New GM of Impact Wrestling

Hogan should not be GM. Period. He isn't worth anything in the World of Pro Wrestling. Hogan has ruined his name. He needs to work backstage and that is it. He is only milking money from TNA.

It doesn't make sense storyline wise since Dixie entrusted her entire company to Hogan in 2010 and he eventually took total ownership along with Eric Bischoff from her and kicked her out of Impact Wrestling. Hogan is GM since Sting is wrestling again and Hogan is a huge name that can be seen on television every week. Personally I think it is more interesting to have a heel like either Bischoff or Flair as a GM. There are more options TNA can do with that combination then a face GM in Hogan.

What part of "Hogan never loses any wars" you did not understand?
How did Hogan win the war with Sting? - Hogan never beat Sting one on one.
How did Hogan win the war with Brock? - Hogan never even got a rematch.
How did Hogan win the war with Inoki? - Inoki won 4 out of 6 matches.
How did Hogan win the war with Atlas? - Hogan never beat Altas.
How did Hogan win the war with Rock? - Hogan never beat Rock one on one.

Hogan should not be GM. Period. He isn't worth anything in the World of Pro Wrestling. Hogan has ruined his name. He needs to work backstage and that is it. He is only milking money from TNA.

If TNA is going to pay Hulk Hogan what they're paying him, then there's no way you can just keep him in a backstage role. That'd make no sense. Not matter what people think of him currently, he's still Hulk Hogan. He has to be on television. Now, is a babyface authority role a great fit for him? I'm not too sure, but I'm willing to give it a chance this time around.

No way can you employ the guy and leave him off of television.

Someone said AJ Styles as General Manager? I surely can't imagine that they'd be talking about the AJ Styles I'm familiar about. Styles really has lost a lot of his luster (even in the Impact Zone, of all places) over the last several months.

How did Hogan win the war with Sting? - Hogan never beat Sting one on one.
How did Hogan win the war with Brock? - Hogan never even got a rematch.
How did Hogan win the war with Inoki? - Inoki won 4 out of 6 matches.
How did Hogan win the war with Atlas? - Hogan never beat Altas.
How did Hogan win the war with Rock? - Hogan never beat Rock one on one.

I didn't say matchs, I said wars.

I mean for example did Immortal lose when you consider Hogan turned face, and beat them all on the show. He always makes sure he finishes on top. His match against Rock, people turned on Rock!

Any wrestling company that signs Ho Kogan at this point is never going to get out of it's own way. He's worthless, and guaranteed to screw up anything good you have going. He's the embodiment of everything wrong with the professional wrestling industry.

I was quite open to Hulk in this role, until I watched the last IW. First minor quibble - I hate how he made mention of "speaking to creative" and "segments". Does this arse not care about kayfabe AT ALL? What an idiot, and I'm surprised they thought that was a good idea to air.

Major complaint, I hope he doesn't carry on like he did this week, inserting himself into a main event feud for no reason. Authority figures interfering too much is always annoying, but at least if they're heel, it can build heat for heel wrestlers. A nose-poking face GM is irritating (as Sting proved). Why did Hogan have to reverse Roode's win over Anderson, totally killing any heat he'd have gotten for it? Ego is my guess.

I didn't say matchs, I said wars.

I mean for example did Immortal lose when you consider Hogan turned face, and beat them all on the show. He always makes sure he finishes on top. His match against Rock, people turned on Rock!

There is no doubt Hogan is a master at coming out the best regardless of match finsish. The loss to The Rock spearheaded the face turn tat ignited his last WWE run, including one final World Title win, certainly a positive given the fact the NWO fell apart soon thereafter, in part because Hall was fired shortly due to his drinking, etc.

Hogan may have put over Inoki in Japan but that was with the knowledge few US wrestling fans pay attention to what happens in Japan. How many wrestling fans, even back in the 80s, knew Ric Flair wrestled there routinely throughout the decade. Other than the fact he won one his NWA titles there (vs Kerry Von Erich) most fans knew almost nothing of his matches there. Heck, he fought a Title vs Title match vs AWA Champion Rick Martle, two American World Champs in a unification match, that would have been big news if it took place in the states at that time, it didnt though so most fans never knew.

Hogan came out of both his feuds with Sting quite good. In WCW, Sting couldnt beat Hogan without a ridiculous screwjob ending, protecting his character, their 97-98 feud highlighted by Randy Savage interferring in their SuperBrawl re match to prevent a Hogan victory, stealing the title in another screwjob himself, then promptly losing it to Hogan. Their last run in TNA was done so Hogan could turn face again after a disastrous turn as a heel did little for himself or the product as a whole.

Hogan is wrestling's shrewdest man at knowing how to protect his image. Sometimes it does work for the best of the product, it almost always works for the best of Hogan. He's a master

I love Hulk, always have and always will...
But, I think it's a bad move to have Hulk as GM.. he is apparently earning $35,000 per TNA appearance, which is most probably true, and he is probably earning even more than that..

And with a GM role, you have to make appearances almost every single show.. that's gonna' cost alot.. 52 episodes a year, not forgetting 12 PPV's...

Paying Hulk all that money is such a bad idea.. I think they should just cut ties with him, and save a truck load of money and spend it more wisely like.. going on the road to increase fan base, increasing merchandise and ppv buys

I am wondering if it will somehow get Eric Bischoff off TV. It looks like he is going to lose the Bischoff name after Lockdown. I have always liked Hogan, and if he remains a face I think he will be a good on screen authority figure. My only hope is he doesn't screw Dixie over again, we just saw that and really wouldn't make sense if it happened again.

Glad to hear Hogan is TNA's General Manager. I know TNA & Hogan Haters don't like it. I've been a wrestling fan for over 20 years and I like Hogan. I also like Bischoff. I liked them both in WCW & WWE too. Didn't pay much attention to wrestling when I was a kid until noticing Hulk Hogan in wrestling one day and I've been a wrestling fan since. I wish TNA all the best and success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back