IMPACT! Rating Is In - Did Hulk Hogan Draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

Pre-Show Stalwart

Last night's edition of TNA iMPACT! did a 1.3 cable rating., up from recent weeks. We're guessing that Hulk Hogan's signing had to do with the increased rating. That is a 20% jump and also went head-to-head with the World Series which did over 19 million viewers on FOX which is crazy good.

Last night's edition of WWE Superstars did a 0.9 cable rating. The replay did a 0.2 cable rating.

Last week's TNA iMPACT! rating was a 1.1

And people say Hogan doesn't draw ratings? Could you imagine the ratings they would get if they hyped up Ric Flair's debut?

This just confirms, hiring Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff was the right choice.

This is good news. I figured there would be a jump, and I'd like to think it was in part due to Nigel also. Hogan and Eric had just signed, and didn't even appear in the Impact Zone, so I find it hard to believe it was entirely them.

Going forward, this should be the "bar" they look to beat every week, until hitting another high. A few weeks of 1.4 or 1.5 is good, and then jumping to a 1.7 is pretty much what I mean. Hogan is definitely going to draw, but we have a week to wait and see just what changes are coming...If any, that is...

Well, I knew that Impact was drawing about a 1.0 for the past several weeks. They typically average 1.0-1.3, but it has been on the lower end as of late.

That being said, I had predicted a 1.4 for last night's rating and was off by .1.

Where as it was good to see the rating go up by .3, it will obviously go up more once Hogan actually starts physically appearing. Most people probably knew he wasn't going to do anything last night anyway. I already knew going in that it was just going to be recycled bits of the press conference, as I'm sure most people knew, since Impact was taped.

But we'll see. Moving in the right direction, at least.

Hot diggity damn! That means I won the little bet I participated in last night. Now I really wish I'd bet more! Oh, well . . .

Anyway, this is a tremendous step in the right direction. Not to harp on the subject, but just imagine how much of a ratings increase TNA would have seen had Hogan plugged his "TNA debut on Spike TV" while appearing on Larry King, Howard Stern and Jimmy Fallon. I bet the company would have seen somewhere in the ball park of a 1.5-1.7, minimum.

Since I am a mark for myself, I will quote myself from the Double Standard thread

TNA all time records in terms of viewership= A great week for ECW. Never, ever talk ratings until your company becomes good friends with the number "2", okay? As in 2.0, 1.8, 2.2. Superstars gets comparable ratings to TNA. Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling got comparable ratings. Tough Enough, Heat, Velocity all got that range of ratings 0.8-1.3. Stop jacking it every time you get a rating that would cause Vince to book a celebrity battle royale Hornswoggle custard match in panic, okay?

There is a difference between an 0.8 one week and a 1.2 the next week. It's called Margin of Error.

I was wrong about Hogan's CCW getting 1.0 ratings. They were much lower.

Because Hogan is highly overrated as a draw.

This is a good sign. A very good sign. I won’t say that the rating making a .3 increase is all thanks to Hogan, but that is a possibility. We just have to wait and see the quarter-ratings breakdown.

Now, if the rating increase was because of Hogan or mostly because of him then there has got to be more confidence within the people behind the scenes that Hogan signing was a good thing. I mean, just think about it, Hogan appears on TNA and he’s not even there live nor was it him in a pre-taped segment cutting a new promo and they get a ratings increase. Then just imagine what the rating would be if he is there live and actually does something else? I don’t want to have high expectations and high hopes and then be crushed but I have a feeling that when he appears, they are going to pop their largest rating ever, which I believe was a 1.3 or 1.4.

That is incredible for TNA and Hogan to draw such a strong rating with the world series on tv. Usually, TNA would get destroyed when other big events like The World Series are taking place and would take a ratings hit.

Now all SpikeTV has to do is begin to advertise Hogan in TNA as much as they hype up the UFC and Kimbo in the Ultimate Fighter and put ads in place for them and we'll see a strong increase in ratings. If Spike does not advertise Hogan, the ratings will not move. And hopefully, when Hogan makes his official TNA Impact Zone debut, he actually goes on a media tour and promotes that as well or else this will not work.

Hopefully it goes up even more next week with Hogan actually on the show and the world series done.
Hopefully 1.5 next week and set the bar there and work for 2.0 eventually, then debut on Mondays.
Smackdown has only been getting 1.9-2.1 averaging 2.0

Now all SpikeTV has to do is begin to advertise Hogan in TNA as much as they hype up the UFC and Kimbo in the Ultimate Fighter and put ads in place for them and we'll see a strong increase in ratings. If Spike does not advertise Hogan, the ratings will not move. And hopefully, when Hogan makes his official TNA Impact Zone debut, he actually goes on a media tour and promotes that as well or else this will not work.

People have been asking where the money is coming from to finance Hogan, and I believe the answer is Spike TV. They were really integral in the press conference, so it stands to reason they have a vested interest in bringing Hogan on-board. It could be one of the tools TNA used to negotiate a new Monday night time slot.

Now as for Hogan going on a media tour to promote his debut with TNA, he's already ON a media tour. He needs to better utilize it to promote his new found status with the company and upcoming live debut. I can promise you, once this spate of media appearances runs its course, he won't be getting the big-time bookings like Stern/Larry King again soon.

Well,Myself and 5 others watch this show on Bravo every Saturday,Speaking in the pub tonight,Hogan means 3 of the 5 will no longer watch if,as we all expect,He is on screen every week.

Austin sucked ass and he was just a Hogan with a few more kicks and punches.

Long live Red as the Champ.

A 1.3 is a good rating for the show, I believe it ties the biggest rating the show's ever drawn. I do expect the rating to be higher when Hogan actually debuts but I don't expect it to break the 2 barrier. I do think the show will pull in somewhere between a 1.5 and a 2.

They did the same ratings late Feb and all thru March and April. I wouldn't get to excited yet but I do expect the ratings to get even higher.

This should indicate that, with the right actions by creative combined with correct marketing from Hogan and SPIKE TV, the show will be in the 1.7-2.0 range within about six months. That's just a ballpark figure, but I think they stand a solid chance.

Are you people blind to the fact that TNA just turned into a WCW incarnation. You now once again have Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff and Hogan, all ego maniacs in there. There goes the youth of TNA. Total Nonstop Action will now turn into a pukefest. you already have kurt angle in there playin behind the scenes. If Ric Flair goes there too, then I've lost all respect for him. Career ending matches make me sick. Foley had a career ending match too like 8 yrs ago. How about these guys take position behind the scenes and work with the younger talent. And yep a pill popping gun in the mouth type superstar is what i want to see. WWE May suck since they went rated PG but at least they arent the geezer federation anymore. WCW 2.0 here it comes. We will soon see the arrival of the TWO. The World Order. This is good though because now maybe some of the younger guys will jump ship to wwe and they can get a decent division going and let some of the older guys retire.

Are you people blind to the fact that TNA just turned into a WCW incarnation. You now once again have Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff and Hogan, all ego maniacs in there. There goes the youth of TNA. Total Nonstop Action will now turn into a pukefest. you already have kurt angle in there playin behind the scenes. If Ric Flair goes there too, then I've lost all respect for him. Career ending matches make me sick. Foley had a career ending match too like 8 yrs ago. How about these guys take position behind the scenes and work with the younger talent. And yep a pill popping gun in the mouth type superstar is what i want to see. WWE May suck since they went rated PG but at least they arent the geezer federation anymore. WCW 2.0 here it comes. We will soon see the arrival of the TWO. The World Order. This is good though because now maybe some of the younger guys will jump ship to wwe and they can get a decent division going and let some of the older guys retire.

Says a person named 'Old School Forever'? Please.

Kevin Nash is all for younger talent. Why is he suspended right now? Because he stuck up for MCMG. TNA's ratings are what matter, otherwise all of those young guys you love so much wouldn't have a show period. Thank God for the 'old guys' giving a name to a company full of children jumping around doing flips in the air.

A lot of people have written about how IMPACT did such a great rating even with the World Series going on. But if you look back, when Brett Favre and Vikings took on the Packers, it was the highest rated cable television program of all time. I think it took in around twenty three million viewers, much more than last nights World Series game. And the rating for RAW that week actually went UP. I watched IMPACT as well, excited about seeing the Hogan press conference. But sadly, what I got from it was that he wasn't there to further TNA. He was there to solidify his relationship with Spike TV for future projects. Disagree all you want, but I think his intentions are, as they usally are with Hogan, completly selfish. It actually left me somewhat worried about TNA.

I hope the ratings continue to go up. I hope it's not like with Sting. You know, the rating went up a little after he came then went back down. I really hope this doesn't happen with Hogan. I really hope he can continue to bring TNA's ratings up.

A lot of people have written about how IMPACT did such a great rating even with the World Series going on. But if you look back, when Brett Favre and Vikings took on the Packers, it was the highest rated cable television program of all time. I think it took in around twenty three million viewers, much more than last nights World Series game. And the rating for RAW that week actually went UP. I watched IMPACT as well, excited about seeing the Hogan press conference. But sadly, what I got from it was that he wasn't there to further TNA. He was there to solidify his relationship with Spike TV for future projects. Disagree all you want, but I think his intentions are, as they usally are with Hogan, completly selfish. It actually left me somewhat worried about TNA.

I think you're impressions are justified because, while none of us know the man personally, we know about his history. Internet reports have stated that a lot of people within TNA itself have the same fears towards Hogan.

As for the rating itself, it's a great rating for the show in and of itself. It's not through the roof or anything to that degree, but it's better than what Impact's been getting for the past few months. After all, for a while, Impact has had trouble reaching the 1.1 mark in the ratings and a 1.3 this week is equal to about the best they've ever done. Pretty much everyone is expecting Impact to pull the biggest rating its ever had when Hogan makes his debut on the show, but whether it can sustain those numbers is the ultimate question and that may all come down to what role Hogan's going to have.

so im not allowed to have an opinion without getting my nickname ranted on. it was a random name i picked. we cant all be creative as the kliq.

Ain't first impressions a bitch?

Anyway, to the point at hand. The ratings are promising, but do they mean anything at all? No, of course not. It's a small gain for a single week, so lets keep it in perspective. It's nice to see but it's by no means a significant gain, nor any kind of trend.

I'm all for TNA becoming a real contender, and I love Impact. We're not there yet though, guys.

So this doesn't prove Hogans name was a good draw at all. So the ratings went up a .1 to where they use to be, still not saying much. Hogan will be a flop.

You now once again have Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff and Hogan, all ego maniacs in there. There goes the youth of TNA.

Really? AJ is champ, with Daniels and Joe as contenders, Nash just dropped a belt to Eric Young, and is seemingly working with Beer Money, while Steiner is pushing Lashley, and Rhyno is working a program with both Matt Morgan and Hernandez. Explain to me how the "youth movement" is dead? Let's not forget the Guns have a tag title shot, against another group of new guys.

TNA is doing better than ever at pushing the young talent...

Big deal TNA drew a 1.3 from a 1.1 im sorry im not too impressed with that little jump. Yeah Hogan intially will get Ratings but for how long? Come back to me when they do a 2.0 or higher.

Big deal TNA drew a 1.3 from a 1.1 im sorry im not too impressed with that little jump. Yeah Hogan intially will get Ratings but for how long? Come back to me when they do a 2.0 or higher.

I agree. One or two weeks worth of ratings don't mean anything. We have to see how they do over time. Plus we have to see if they keep the ratings(if they gain much)after Hogan is gone.

I'm sorry but this is laughable. Your telling me you go out and give a guy your WHOLE company, trust him to lead you places you've never been before, and then all he gets ratings wise is a .2 increase? Which might be due to error? This is bad news. VERY bad news. 80% maybe more of wrestling fans don't follow these boards. Hell they don't even know about wrestlezone or any other dirtsheet site. So Hogan went onto what, 3 or 4 major television shows to promote Impact, and the "Impact" is .2? Now I'm not saying I expected a 3 rating out of the gate, but .2? I would have wanted no worse than a 1.6 maybe 1.7. Something that would show SOMEBODY gave a crap about Hogan's speech on TV. That SOMEBODY would care that he now owns TNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back