Is Hulk Hogan The Last Ace In The Hole For TNA To Increase Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulk Hogan is now the only wrestler/superstar who can take TNA beyond the 1.3 mark in their ratings but when his signing was announced it was the lowest rating segment of Impact so TNA need to realise that if Hogan can't get them to the next level no one can.

All the major names TNA keeps bringing in has not even closely got TNA beyond the 1.3 rating in fact last weeks Impact scored just a 1.1. So if Hogan can't make TNAs hopes of competing with the WWE a reality then TNA President Dixie Carter might just decide that maybe she won't want to settle for second best.

Here is the disaster I'm worried about. Let's say Dixie hasn't made sure Hogan's contract is platinum-clad, and Hogan backs out. What does creative do now?

My God! How do they explain weeks and weeks of Hogan promos and pushes, and now he's not coming!

They'd either have to do a shoot, saying how Hogan betrayed the company and all the TNA fans, or they'd have to do some dumb work where certain groups or factions kept Hogan out or made him change his mind.

I don't think Hogan is their last shot, but I certainly think he can be a huge draw, especially with the right people. If he doesn't make it all about him, and he actually helps out the talent they already have get over, it could be gold.

Or, it could be Hell.

Here is the disaster I'm worried about. Let's say Dixie hasn't made sure Hogan's contract is platinum-clad, and Hogan backs out. What does creative do now?

My God! How do they explain weeks and weeks of Hogan promos and pushes, and now he's not coming!

They'd either have to do a shoot, saying how Hogan betrayed the company and all the TNA fans, or they'd have to do some dumb work where certain groups or factions kept Hogan out or made him change his mind.

I don't think Hogan is their last shot, but I certainly think he can be a huge draw, especially with the right people. If he doesn't make it all about him, and he actually helps out the talent they already have get over, it could be gold.

Or, it could be Hell.

At that point, there's nothing they can do except shit on him the way Joe did Scott Hall at the 2007 Turning Point PPV.

Call him every name in the book. Tell the fans that Hogan screwed them, and that he deserves all the criticism he can handle (and then some), because he tried to take advantage of TNA, and of TNA's fans for money, or personal gain.

Trying to spin Hogan's bail into a work would explode in their faces, IMO. TNA is too much of a 21st century company to try that kind of stuff. Their fans are often part of the IWC, and know what's going on. You can't just pull the wool over the eyes of a group of fans (generally speaking) like the ones who watch TNA. It's just not going to work.

You burn Hogan, in that instance. No if's and's or but's about it. Burn him at the stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back