How did you get your fed name?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Simple question.

Titus used to be my backyard characters name.

The name came from someone saying "I picked a book and just turned to the page" so for some reason someone picked the Bible up and we ended up in the book of Titus.

The surname comes from my old street name and I was Mr. Morality in that fed I went by the name of Lee Avison. The character was supposed to be James Avison (Middle name and street name) and the announcer botched.

Titus' occasional surname is a tribute to this.

Mr. Morality James Chillingham is also a tribute to this as Chillingham is another street. His partner in crime Benjamin Meldon is another street with the first name being named after someone I used to backyard with.

Also with Red Mask it was essentially the Red Hood from Batman.

Keystone City is the Flashes hometown and I wanted a town where I could build the mythos myself.

Wilhelm Wunderbar: Stereotypical name + German word fitting a smug prick who thinks he's wonderful

Alexander Stark: I like the name Alexander and I was into game of thrones at the time, hence Stark.

Benjamin Hoss: Common first name + established word for big men wrestlers.

Connor Reese: John Connor, Kyle Reese.

NPCs:

Sascha Schwarz: Looked up common German names on the internet.

Alicia Hoss: I like the name Alicia, and she's Ben's sister so Hoss had to stay.

Kara Ken: Play on the word Kraken.

About 6 years ago a friend of mine called me T Burna since my favorite rapper was Layzie Bone, and his alias/nickname was L Burna. After awhile I was given another nickname Ty G, G being my last initial. For awhile I used the name Ty G Tha Burna for various online stuff, and eventually I shortened it to simply Ty Burna.

I then used my usual alias and applied it to my fed character with the explanation that Tyrone Blades used Ty Burna as his street alias, and the Harbinger that took over him simply kept using that name for an unknown reason.

Serafina means the burning ones or fiery ones (based off seraphim) and I thought it fit in with the fire/burning based name I had for my character.

Celeste's name was originally Chelsea until I read the book The Trench by Steve Alten. The main female antagonist was named Celeste. Can't remember where I got the last name Crimson from - I think it just sounded cool. Keeping with that tradition Celeste's married name is Vermilion.

Was trying to think of a cool username for this new thing I found called WZ Forums. Had the idea of flip-flopping wrestlers' first and last names. Steamboat Ricky seemed fun. Then, I just decided to use it for my efed character and thought that a Jack Black-looking pirate character would be unique enough.

Ashleigh FalKon - I've always loved that as a first name... plus my username.

Sandy Deserts - ... I still don't even know why I called her that nor understand why I have yet to change it.

Steven Kurtesy - In the process of switching my characters, I had no idea what I wanted to name my character but I knew I wanted to do a psychologist with Kurt Angle as my rep. Looking at his bio, I noticed his real name listed as Kurt Steven Angle. So, I removed "Angle," switched the two remaining names around and added "esy" to "Kurt" as a play on words as to how my character behaved.

Wrestlers
Max Karzai - Originally I tried making my name, Matt, sound wrestlery. Eventually it became Max. I tried to find a suitable last name, and Karzai sounded cool and fit the shock-rock thing because of Hamid Karzai. In kayfabe, Max picked it to be controversial.

Action Saxton - Originally was going to be named Disco Jackson because of stereotypical blaxploitation names. Same with Action Jackson. When I had to change the last name, I picked Saxton because it kept the same "oomph" while not being silly like Jaxon.

Sin Cobra - One of my other fed characters [as well as one of my online names] is Cobra T. Washington. I once wore a Sin Cara mask and took pictures and became a meme. I made a character out of the look and kept the nickname I accrued - Sin Cobra.

Erin Toyota - One of her initial inspirations was Rin Tezuka. I changed up the name to Erin since it sounds nice, and then changed the last name to have a double meaning - Manami Toyota for wrestling, Toyota the car brand since she's mechanical. On a sidenote, I don't consider Rin to be part of her anymore since she's evolved quite a bit since her original incarnation.

Cobra T. Washington - A member of The Protomen no one remembers, so I didn't feel bad about repurposing the name.

NPCs
Marceline - The Vampire Queen from Adventure Time, as well as a name I adore.

Kung Fu Jones - Black Belt Jones is a blaxploitation film.

Abdul Alhazred is the main protagonist in the Necronomicon and I'm a big Lovecraft fan.

Raziel was the main dude from the Soul Reaver games that I really liked back in the day.

Threw in Dr. because there was already Professor Kurtesy and I needed a super villain type name.

As for my character's "Real name" Walter Peterson... the name Walter came from this guy I used to work with. He was like a role model for me when I was younger so I always have an admiration for the name. Peterson came from Adrian Peterson from the Vikings.

As for his ring name "James Carter"... I got it from Rush Hour xD

So, the initial idea for LGM was essentially Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon. So, when I had initially came up with the idea for the character, I knew I wanted something superhero-y.

So I just translated essentially what the character was into french. The Masked Gentleman became Le Gentleman Masque.

As for his "actual" name, the name Alexandre Perrot was just me looking for a french name and then me looking to reference that one famous Agatha Christie detective.

Oh wait, that's Poirot.

Whelp, can't exactly change him back now.

I thought the song Sabotage would make a cool wrestling entrance song, and from that I got the name Saboteur.

El Califa Dragón:

I wanted to name him The Dragon King, but that ended up being El Rey Dragón which didn't sound all that great to me. After some looking around, I found Caliph which is the chief Muslim ruler or also successor. It fit as I was coming in just as Black Dragon was leaving, plus El Califa Dragón sounded a hell of a lot better then El Rey Dragón.

Started with Drake Dream from a childhood backyard fed, don't remember why I choose it then. When I applied, there was already Drake C, so creative brought that up. I said no problem, but wanted to stick to the same letter for first and last. Looked around, saw my fire place. Blaze. Thought of common first names with B. Brent. And, I stuck with "The Addiction" from Dream.

He wore a black dragon mask; what else was I going to call him?

Anoki on the other hand is quite witty. If you translate the names into their native meanings (as I recall they are a hybrid of Cheyenne and Sioux) you get Anoki (actor) Akechetta (Warrior). Quite an appropriate name for a professional wrestler.

Muse was obviously named after the mythological characters of the same name, and because giving her her proper name would have violated federation rules.

I think everyone else I ever bothered to name was lifted directly from the fed.

I have been running my own federation on a version of WWF No Mercy for the N64 since I was 12. I will do it off on, and I only book PPVs. So far, I have done 34 complete seasons. I have created several custom characters and adapted some from real life. I also keep a detailed record of title histories so that I can hype up matches for myself. It sounds silly, but it is something fun that I can do in my spare time and not have to spend a lot of money. I can also do it while I cook or clean. I just turn on the matches and let them play out.

Anyways...

The name Sam Masters was the original name for my character. This is one of the characters in my No Mercy federation. He is like a combination of Hulk Hogan/John Cena/Chris Masters in terms of star power. I don't think I even knew about Chris Masters whenever I created him, so the character name was original. I know that I had a cousin named Sam, and I always liked that name.

Chris K.O. is another character from my federation. This character name is also original. As time went on, the character turned into more of a CM Punk type of guy, but that was never the plan to begin with. He is one of the top heels from my federation, so there you have it.

Two names from my No Mercy federation. I combined the two names. Sam being the name for whenever he was face, and Chris being the name for whenever he is heel. I strongly considered changing his name back to Sam after his face turn, but I decided to run the "I need to carry my sins" gimmick. Therefore Chris kept his name the same since all the evil he did was attached to the name "Chris K.O."

Reactions: IHW
Holmes as in Sherlock is an overly British character everyone is familiar with and Steven because it fit rather well...and I wasn't aware Kurtesy's name was Steven.

NPC wise, Ojos Sandaza came from the Spanish for eyes (Ojos) and a player for the football (soccer) team I support named Sandaza (since moved on to Rangers...the bastard).

The name Hunter S. Kravinoff is simply a result of my unadulterated creative genius and ingenuity. Who knows where I come up with this stuff?

And the S. is for Sex-machine.

Triple X is from the Vin Diesel film xXx. Xander is also from xXx, and Buffy too, where as Knight was literally just a random name that popped in my head.

NPC-wise, Frank, X's mom and X's dad are all just random names. Faith is from Buffy, and her rep was also gonna be Eliza Dukshu, but I figured that was a bit much. David (Ultimate Red) Redfield is a CAW that's based on me; the ring name Ultimate Red comes from him originally being a tag partner for the Amazing Red, then it just kind of stuck, and David Redfield comes from my dad's first name and Chris Redfield from Resident Evil.

I tortured a suspected Iranian terrorist and then picked the expletive he screamed I liked the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back