Houston Region, Boston Subregion: First Round: (8) Big Show vs. (25) Perry Saturn

Who Wins This Match

• Big Show

• Perry Saturn

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.

front.jpg

#8 Big Show

208576-the_big_show_large.jpg

Vs.

#25 Perry Saturn

saturn3.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

There's a joke to be had here about bald heads and beards. Not a good one, sure, but there's a joke to be had.

I'm struggling to separate these two. Odd, I know. It's essentially a choice between a 4-time world champion and someone who isn't, but I think I much prefer the guy who isn't. I'm not as cynical as some are about the Big Show - that doesn't mean I actually like him though.

I mean, Big Show is inevitably going to win, so I shouldn't bother tying myself in knots about it, right? Ugh. Let me go away and think for a bit.

This might be the most one-sided match in the history of this event.

The Big Show wins this match too easily. Not only is he one of the most imposing men in the WWE and WCW this side of Andre The Giant, he has managed to maintain his place in the WWE for years despite being a glorified man-mountain. He has never stopped being one of the most feared men on the entire WWE roster and he could beat any single member of the WWE roster on his day. One swift punch to the jaw and his opponent is lying on his back, looking at the lights of the arena and wishing that he hadn't been stupid enough to step into the ring with such a dominant entity.

Speaking of stupid, Perry Saturn is fucking crazy. Not only did he fall in love with a mop for most of his WWE tun, he also managed to be one of the least interesting people in the history of wrestling. I mean, it funny, there is no doubt about that. However, it was more of a “laughing at you” effort. There is no doubting that he was good in the ring on his day but he has not got a chance against the Big Show. Show will be pummelling him into a million pieces whilst Saturn thinks about oiling up Moppy and really going to town on himself... Either that or where he will disappear to for the next decade when The Big Show is done pounding his face into the canvas.

Big Show FTW here.

Big Show is the easy choice here. Show has the edge in pretty much every category. I've never really enjoyed Saturn's work and I just can't see anyway he wins this match. Hell Saturn might not even show up since he could easily go missing. Saturn is pretty much a joke guy and Moppy ain't gonna help him here. Big Show can overcome odds of any help (besides Moppy) Saturn gets due to his size and will ultimately win the match rather easy. Pretty one sided if ya ask me.

I'd love to find an excuse to vote for Perry Saturn because he's an almost comedic character, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Big Show, despite a dip in mobility he was in command of around 96-99 when he had a less gamely figure, has lost nothing of the sheer physical dominance he's demonstrated his entire career, that's 15 solid years of breaking rings and bodies. Perry Saturn, on the other hand, I will most remember for being romantically involved with a cleaning implement. The only edge Saturn has for me is being funny, but he's not Santino funny so it's hardly worth mentioning. Besides "what are you looking at!", the answer is not a 7ft, 450 pound giant that's for sure.

I'm going to go through Big Show's time in the WWE. Gonna be a long one.

Undertaker's bitch, won title, lost it a month later, first eliminated in WM 16 main event, lost to Shane McMahon, sent to OVW to lose weight, came back, Undertaker and Kane's whipping boy, Austin's whipping boy, went to Smackdown, won title, lost it a month later, Brock Lesnar's whipping boy, lost the U.S. Title, got head shaved, sumo match with Akebono, tag team titles, ECW title, gone for over a year, came back, Cena's whipping boy, Undertaker's whipping boy again, lost yet again at WM, and has been doing shit for the past year.

If guys like Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and pretty much everyone Big Show has ever faced can beat him. Until further notice, I'm going with Perry Saturn.

I'm going to go through Big Show's time in the WWE. Gonna be a long one.

Undertaker's bitch, won title, lost it a month later, first eliminated in WM 16 main event, lost to Shane McMahon, sent to OVW to lose weight, came back, Undertaker and Kane's whipping boy, Austin's whipping boy, went to Smackdown, won title, lost it a month later, Brock Lesnar's whipping boy, lost the U.S. Title, got head shaved, sumo match with Akebono, tag team titles, ECW title, gone for over a year, came back, Cena's whipping boy, Undertaker's whipping boy again, lost yet again at WM, and has been doing shit for the past year.

If guys like Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and pretty much everyone Big Show has ever faced can beat him. Until further notice, I'm going with Perry Saturn.

And Perry Saturn is nowhere near as good as anyone(except Shane"my daddy owns the company" McMahon and even thats debatable), Big Show takes this match and he takes it convincingly.

As much as i loved Saturn (moppy vs peppe ha!) especially in ecw- he dosent have a real chance. One shot from the Big Show & his eyes would go back to normal before spinning around like the cookie monster. If this was a contest between the most creative finisher names- id give it to Saturn (moss covered 3-handled family credenza FTW) but its not.

Show in less than 5 minutes.

I went with Saturn. Sure, we all remember him for his comedy schtick, but what if he had been around all these years?

We've seen Big Show, we've seen him job to practically everybody from Rey on up (size-wise). We know he's been used to build guys up. What if Saturn had more of the tough guy gimmick that he had the look for? He had a hell of a lot of talent for a stocky guy, and could perform great aerial moves.

I didn't factor in his personal life and absence because, let's face it, who knows how any of us would act in his position. He was possibly punished w/the Moppy gimmick for legitimately attacking a jobber in the ring, yet he turned it into something amusing and fairly entertaining for what it was. I heard rumors that he tried to stop a mugging and was shot for his efforts. He battled drugs and homelessness (by himself, no less) and got himself straight. Not many people could do that. I think that shows a very strong personal character.

Personal character aside, however, I think he could have had a good run was it not for his inability to handle life's stresses, or life getting in the way, however you want to look at it. He could have gotten a push, and one of the people they seem to go to when trying to establish somebody in an upward push is the Big Show. A win over Show could propel Saturn to the top. So that's why he gets my vote.

That, and I've always felt he was extremely under-rated. But I digress.

For me if I ONLY knew about Perry Saturn while he was in The Eliminators, it'd be Saturn by a mile. But knowing he did Moppy, and dressed in a dress, I mean Saturn is, and the last few years, became one of the biggest jokes in wrestling. Big Show KO's this joker in 9 minutes.

This is an easy win for the Big Show. Show has jobbed to a lot of guys but Saturn has nowhere reached the level of any of the guys that Show did the job too. Saturn's biggest claim to fame may be defecting from WCW to WWE with Guerrero, Malenko, and Benoit. Show has put a stop to Hulk Hogan, HHH, The Rock, and Brock Lesnar. This match will end in about five minutes due to the KO Punch from Show.

I like Perry Saturn, always have for some reason, but he doesn't stand a chance in this match. Big Show would crush Saturn. His size is one obvious reason as to why he would win, but the fact that Saturn's entire move set is virtually eliminated because of the difference in size also plays a huge factor. Saturn's finished is a suplex of sorts and there is no way he could get Show in the air for it. Also, a lot of his grounded moves in fact need him to get Show to the ground, something I don't see happening. Big Show will hit a few power moves, maybe get some chops in, and then put the match away with the chokeslam.

Yay, the first squash match of the tournament...

The Big Show has always been a dominating and awe inspiring force of nature inside the WWE. Ever since his debut within the E he's been billed as the "new and improved" version of Andre the Giant [something that I personally agree with.] Even if he's made to look weak one year, he'll turn around and do something ridiculous the next like flipping over a car or two.

Saturn was pretty much a jobber with WWE; his most memorable fued was with Raven over a mop which was also apparently his lover... yeah...

Perry Saturn was ok, but the entirety of his career was spent underneath Paul Wight on the card. The Giant would have crushed Saturn, and in the WWE Big Show has always been in and around the main event, while Saturn was shagging cleaning equipment. Easy win for Show, this.

Please see definison of a "Squash match"

Perry would be jobbing to Show it would be so sad. Big Show will have Saturn chokeslamed and pinned at the three minuet mark.

Saturn is very underrated and truly talented. But he won't beat Big Show, even with weapons involved. (which they aren't)

This is simply one of those matches where the sides are mis-matched and one guy will run away with this and cause multiple individuals to wonder why the other guy even got into the Tournament. At this point, I'm just typing stuff so my post doesn't look like spam. Big Show wins in a squash - not because Saturn deserves it, but simply because Saturn isn't good enough to match Show in a one-on-one match.

I am really not a fan of Big Show, and I thought Saturn was awesome in ECW in the Eliminators, and have always enjoyed his in-ring work...I have to go with the big man here.

His accomplishments in the business- WCW Titles, WWE Titles, US Title, Tag Team Titles and his size, power and strength make this an easy win for Show. He was awesome in his early days, before getting fatter and losing mobility and speed. Hell he could even do a dropkick at one point!

Saturn was criminally underused in WWE, if he has been booked as a genuine force, or even put in a legitimate tag-team (and WWE was at its tag-team peak at this point) he would have a shot in this. Why they didn't just make him part of a tag-team instead of making him wear a dress or fall in love with a mop disgusts me. It was an insult to a genuinely talented wrestler, and I always hate demeaning gimmicks like those.

Show with the win here though, Saturn does surprise alot of people by putting up a fight, but the Big Show with a groundshaking chokeslam for the 3 count.

Big Show has beaten Saturn before, on Smackdown apparently, so he could do it again. That's for certain. In addition, I actually quite like Big Show. He's legitimately a funny person and isn't that boring in the ring. And Knucklehead looks like a movie that I wouldn't intentionally avoid seeing. Well done, Paul.

Another squash... literally.

I think the Big Show took a dump and something that resembled Perry Saturn came out.

No, but seriously... Big Show is one of the greatest superheavyweights EVER. Perry Saturn really hasn't done anything in the business of pro-wrestling that can touch Big Show's resume. Show is a bigger star, better wrestler (pound for pound), has more notoriety, is a bigger superstar, and is... well... BIGGER.

Saturn would die in a match against Big Show. Vote for Paul Wight.

As much as I love me some Perry Saturn (and moppy), Big Show takes this, and rather quickly. Too much man for ol' Perry to handle. Show has made Hulk Hogan fear for his life several times, and I doubt Perry Saturn could do the same.

Knockout Punch, Chokeslam, chest chop, doesn't matter...it took Big Show longer to get to the ring (while smoking a cigarette, I hope) than it did for him to put his foot on the chest of Perry for the 1-2-3.

Big Show, no contest.

Saturn was a midcarder, and was still a midcarder when he came to WWE with Maleko, Benoit and Guerrero as part of the Radicalz. He cannot, CANNOT best the Largest Athlete in the world today. No Rings of Saturn, but a chokeslam, maybe through the mat.

My vote: WEEEEEEEELLLLLLL ITS THE BIG SHOW

There isn't too much to really say here. I mean, I like Saturn. Whether he was "Eliminating" guys or carrying a mop, he did a pretty good job of entertaining me. He was pretty good in the ring, better then a lot of guys ranked ahead of him.

But, versus The Big Show, he gets beat. Plain and simple. Saturn would have a quick run in the match of some high flying moves and would make up for his lack of being able to really pick Show up and doing anything. Then, that would end and Big Show Chokeslams the shit out of him.

Saturn tries to get some offense in the beginning, Show stops him and ends it with a chokeslam around the 6 minute mark, squash match.
Winner: Big Show easily

Too late to vote on yet another one. The vote for me would have easily gone to the Big Show. One of the most dominant big men of our era, I think Show does not get the credit and the respect that he deserves. Sometimes sarcastically called the big slow, I think he moves remarkably well for a man of his enormity, and I love his spear and his
punch, both of which look devastating to me and look very realistic in an otherwise kayfabe world. He always manages to stay relevant, and he displays a versatility that not all guys are able to convey.

I always really liked Perry Saturn, it's too bad his apparent "personal demons" seem to have plagued him throughout his career. While Show has been at or near the man event in WWE over the last several years, Saturn has been invisible. Maybe he's been doing janitorial work somewhere, after all, he has a history of great work with mops.

Sarcasm aside, I understand that Perry Saturn went through some pretty trying times in his personal life, with drug problems and periods of homelessness. Kudos to him for righting the ship and seeming to get his life back together. But in the end, this tournament is not about feel good stories, it is about in ring action. As such, Big Show spears Saturn out of his boots and goes over easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back