Houston Region, Boston Subregion: Second Round: (9) Jeff Hardy vs. (8) Big Show

Discussion in 'Houston Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 3, 2011.

?

Who Wins This Match

1. Jeff Hardy

2. Big Show

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.

[​IMG]

#9 Jeff Hardy

[​IMG]

Vs.

#8 Big Show

[​IMG]

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

2. Big Nick Dudley

Personally, I could care less about either guy. But I know the Hardy marks are going to be lined up around the block, because he does flippies.

In one-on-one matches, Big Show owns Jeff Hardy. Jeff pinned Show once (from what I can find), and that's it. On the other hand, Show has pinned Jeff at least 4 times (again, from what I can find). As I said earlier, I don't care about either guy, nor do I care who moves on. But, I am voting for Show because it's the logical thing to do.

The Best likes this.
  3. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Big Show. A thousand times the Big Show. I established my dislike for Hardy in the last round (as did a lot of people), but Big Show simply deserves it more. Jeff was never ever that dominant, he was the world champ for a month in WWE on two occasions as well as a cup of coffee reign. He's currently on top of the mountain in TNA. Good for him. But the Big Show has been around for years and beaten them all. From Triple H to The Rock to The Undertaker, Big Show has seen the best and he's beaten the best. Big Show was a dominant force in WCW and has been one of the few to last the length of time he has in WWE. Show takes Hardy out.

4. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

I'm Voting for Jeff Hardy here based mainly on personal preference I've never liked the Big Show that much and I've always liked Hardy so thats why I'm voting Hardy here. Hardy has entertained me for his entire career while Big Show hasn't.

5. JXL

JXL Pre-Show Stalwart

Big Show's offense would definitely neutralize Jeff Hardy's quickness once he gets mad. On his best day, Big Show would crush Hardy in a matter of minutes, possibly seconds with a chokeslam.

My vote: Big Show.

6. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

I only truly recall these two meeting when Jeff Hardy was still a midcarder/tag team performer, so I have to use that as well as trying to deem if anything Hardy's done since could upgrade him more.

It can't. Big Show would still win.

The thing here is this. Big Show took all of Hardy's offense as a midcarder, and completely blew through it. Hardy hasn't changed anything from midcard to Main Eventer. That tells me that even though Hardy's won additional Championships, it wouldn't change the outcome based on Hardy not having anything new for Big Show to feel threatened by.

I'm almost sure Show could take a Swanton and still completely kick out before the 2-count, much less a 3. Big Show is just too much for Hardy here.

7. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

At his best, Big Show was not only powerful, but also fairly agile. In addition to his power move he could utilize moves often seen by (comparatively) smaller wrestlers like a super kick. Jeff Hardy was always a small man using high flying moves, and I don't think Jeff Hardy would be able to launch the necessary all-out assault on Big Show to take him down. Big Show is quick enough to keep up with him, so don't count on Hardy being able to out-maneuver Show, and Hardy's attempts of high flying moves could quite easily be met with him being caught by Big Show and body slammed.

I honestly don't see Hardy getting much offense in at all. He would get a few kicks in towards the middle of the match, but then he'd attempt some sort of flying crossbody and Show would catch him and annihilate him with a huge slam.

Big Show wins this one easily.

8. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

I would love to see Big Show hit the KO Punch on Hardy mid-air. Whisper in the wind- POW! Knock the paint right off his silly ass.

Really, a vote for Jeff is a wasted vote here. Even the character Show plays in Knucklehead could beat up Hardy. Unless of course Matt brings the 'team xtreme' breifcase full of drugs. Now thats entertainment. Even then Jeff would probably just have an aneurysm while running around screaming "Look at my fingerpaint! It glows!!!!"

9. Con T.

Con T. Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy

Finally, I get to see this grubby little spot monkey squashed like a pancake. Sorry, but The Big Show alone with his credentials in WCW would have been enough to propel him over Jeff Hardy. There's no way you can convince me that Hardy has any advantage that Show doesn't, either than his perchance to flip off ladders. If this were a gimmick match, I could really see how someone would make a case for Jeff. But in a regular, one on one match, Show flattens him like pizza dough, and fights with Matt Hardy over the last slice in a battle of the fatboys.

Show wins, and it isn't even that close

10. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

Hardy barely sneaked past Shelton Benjamin much to my displeasure, but he's not going any further now. Jeff Hardy has had a run of dominance, 2008-present. Big Show has never not been dominant. He's got a small move-pool but hey since when do you have to be an innovator when you've got the girth of the big man? Big Show would crush Hardy as he's done before. Hardy is an underdog type wrestler but I still can't think of an eventuality where Show doesn't proceed.

End of the day Jeff Hardy sometimes referred to as the charismatic enigma, he is about as charismatic as an accountant and enigmatic as a ham sandwich. Big Show is known mostly for his size but he has more charisma in his meaty hand than Jeff Hardy has displayed in his entire career. The match may go on for a while and Jeff Hardy might drop some flashy but in effective moves. Ultimately Show scores goes for a chokeslam, Hardy evades, hits a whisper in the wind, gets caught and powerslammed, gets up and then hit by the knock-out punch.

11. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

At Hardy's peak, he probably could have beaten the latter day Big Show, the fatter, slower one, but against the young agile Giant he has no chance whatsoever. Hardy has always been booked as a popular, but ultimately quite lucky champion. he's never had a period of domination, which is what you needed to beat Show at his peak, and as a result, he will lose here.

12. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Untrue. In the spring of 2009, Big Show went over Jeffery while the latter was in his peak. That's really all that needs to be said for me. Jeff, in his peak, couldn't beat a mediocre, past it Big Show. Game over. A right hand breaks Hardy's jaw and gives him an excuse to throw back some painkillers. Could that with the comedic timing displayed in Knucklehead and it's clear that Show is the better performer in addition to being the bigger kayfabe threat.

Tastycles likes this.
  13. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Pretty indifferent to both of them, but like it has been mentioned, Big Show has the edge over Hardy in the past. As we all know, life is all about #winning, so I'm going with the guy that wins more, Mr. Show.

Also, Jeff Hardy has never made a movie as good as Knucklehead. In fact, Jeff Hardy has never made a movie of any kind, to my knowledge.

14. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

I have never EVER been entertained by Big Show in the ring. He bores the steam off my piss.

Jeff Hardy disappoints me. He had so much potential and has achieved nowhere near what he should. However, I love his new "Anti-christ" gimmick, so he has my interest again.

I think Show would dominate Hardy in this one, leaving Jeff laying in a crumpled mess. until the intereferance of Immortal. With his back-up hitting the ring while the ref had been knocked down by mistake by Show, the group would be able to take down Show for long enough to allow Jeff to roll on top for a 3-count.

Hardy steals one from the giant

15. Alex

Alex King Of The Wasteland

Hasn't Jeff Hardy beaten Matt Morgan twice at Turning Point and Final Resoultion. Matt Morgan a guy who's 7ft and 330 odd Ibs. Yes he weighs less than Big Show but he still weighs more than Hardy. Isn't Jeff Hardy the one who's been playing mind games with his oppenents recently and lets be honest Big Show isn't the sharpest mind there is (he was shitting himself when he faced Undertaker when Taker used some of his mind games) top that off with Hardy doing some heel tatics (low bow etc) i could see Hardy winning this one (although barely)

16. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

Well Jeff served his purpose getting that worthless cunt Shelton Benjamin out of here, so he can fuck off as well now.

Truth is, I do like Big Show.

[​IMG]

I know this is odd, especially coming from someone who posts about wrestling on the internet since he doesn't do mind blowing flippy spots or chain wrestling. Honestly, he's probably the best big man this side of Kane and Undertaker within the past 20 years.

He's charismatic, at one point he was fairly agile for a man his size, and he has always been way over with the crowd. His ring work isn't amazing but for a 7 ft 500lb guy, I would say he's pretty damn good.

I used to be a big fan of Jeff, but his recent work in TNA has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention the stupidity of leaving the WWE when he was one of the hottest things going just to turn up in TNA a few months later.

Vote Big Show.

17. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Hardy doesn't have a prayer.

Big Show, even in his overweight and out of shape days in the WWE, has whipped Jeff Hardy from pillar to post even when Hardy was in his prime. Plus, Show has shown (no pun intended) that he can stop the offense of any light heavyweight or cruiserweight that gets in his path.

I don't care about Hardy's anti-christ persona or his world titles in the WWE... Big Show is superior in every way to him.

18. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say that I really care all that much about either one of these two. Jeff Hardy used to be someone that was fairly special at one time. In a way, so was Big Show.

In Big Show's physical prime, he would fucking maul Jeff Hardy at any point in Hardy's career. Show would just brush past any and all offense that Hardy launched at him, probably wouldn't even be taken off of his feet unless he tried for a move like an elbow drop and missed it. Before Hardy became a somewhat bloated and drugged out shell of his former self, he was lean, fast and pretty agile and I've no doubt he'd put up a courageous fight.

Big Show has scored wins over the likes of Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Kane, Triple H, Mick Foley, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, John Cena & The Undertaker. Compared with most of them, Jeff Hardy is a fly speck. Show wins this in about 5 minutes.

19. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

I think that if, MAYBE if, Rey Mysterio and Great Khali wrestled with Jack Swagger as the guest ref, you'd see a bigger collection of worthless World Title reigns than you have in this match. Barring that event, that's what we have here. Two guys who were always FAR better without major titles clashing.

Hardy, at his peak, was still a spot monkey. His greatest moment - and one of my all time fave matches - was when he took Undertaker to the limit in a ladder match. Hardy needed the no-DQ atmopshere more than Taker did, though, and without weapons to hit Taker with, he'd have gotten steamrolled.

I hate that the poll says "Big Show" instead of "Paul Wight." In WCW, Paul Wight as "The Giant" was as impressive and dominant as they come. Fucker went over Hogan. Hardy has NEVER been on that level. EVER.

Wight advances to another round. He's really an under rated and consistent talent.

20. LigerBomb

LigerBomb Getting Noticed By Management

Depends on so many factors.
    But for simplicities sake: assuming it's when they were being pushed the hardes by WWE? Hardy; and believe me I am LOATH to admit it (not that I'm some great admirerer of Wight. I actually couldn't care less about either of them).
    I just have to figure that when Jeff was en fuego they were making him look like a million bucks, capable of eventually beating damn near anyone. Even if he lost a match here and there, in a program between the two he almost certainly would have come out as the winner in the blow-off match and ultimately the feud as a whole.

21. 8thwotwATG

8thwotwATG The Big Boss

First things first, It's a shame(though not a surprise) that Hardy even went over Benjamin, who quite frankly is twice the wrestler that the backyard methhead is; but I digress. To return to the point at hand, Mr. Wight pretty much shrugs off the majority of the offense that Hardy throws his way, catches crackboy in midair while he tries to execute a swanton, drives him to the mat then pins him for the 3 count. My distaste for Jeff Hardy is exceeded only by my distaste for UW, which is as great as it gets. Big Show is just too overwhelmingly strong and big for Hardy, who just doesn't have quite enough in his arsenal..bye bye Jeff, take another pill.

22. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

My Canadian amigo couldn't put my thoughts better, if we're to consider Wight seriously in this tournament - we have to go with the Giant. The lazy Big Show would be wupped by the Giant.

In a no DQ match, Jeff might have had an outside chance (if Trips lent him his sledge hammer).

Sorry Jeff, it's not! I can see Jeff avoiding the big man hitting a 'whisper in the wind' which is all but no sold and an enraged Giant choke slam leading to an early doors victory,

23. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

Big Show is much to big and strong for Hardy to get past. These two met when Hardy was younger and Show treated him like a rag doll. I really don't see that changing from then to now. Hardy may hit a few high spots but ultimately Big Show will just be to much for Hardy to get past. Big chokeslam for the finish.