Hip-Hop discussion

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I find hip-hop the most fun music to discus, so let's hear from all the fans out there.

I'm anxiously awaiting the third Slaughterhouse album. I understand they're supposed to be recording now, I wanna hear this shit. Welcome To: Our House was a great production in my opinion, although some hardcore fans weren't into it. I can't wait to hear them get together again, they always spit fire as a group. Not that they don't solo, but I love their chemistry as a group.

Couple of significant albums recently dropped, particularly Kanye and J. Cole (and Mac Miller if you're into that kind of thing). I must say, J. Cole's album blows Yeezus out of the water. On terms of lyrical content or for lack of a better term, purpose of existence (passion, heart, conviction), J. Cole's 'Born Sinner' smoked Yeezus. There is so much more to digest about Born Sinner whereas Yeezus was just an album of Kanye switching up his style again and not really focusing on lyrics as much as he should have, because it resulted in some immature, Lil Wayne-esque punchlines.

I feel like I could play Yeezus all the way through ten times in a row and have it memorized whereas Born Sinner would still catch me off guard with some of the lines on the fiftieth listen. There's so much to take in.

For someone on Kanye's album to come with lines such as "Get this bitch shaking like Parkinsons" or "I met Jesus, he said 'What up, Yeezus'" is highly disappointing. You let me down, 'Ye.

Ya know, even comparing the production; while Kanye should have the advantage, J. Cole picked and produced some of the dopest beats I've heard in a few years. Just the Forbidden Fruit track where he sample A Tribe Called Quest is a better beat than anything Ueezus had to offer. I get it, it's kind of of comparing apples to oranges because Ye and Cole are going two different direction with their sound right now, but I didn't hear anything off the Yeezus album to really impress, whereas damn near every beat on Born Sinner was spot on and had me straight vibin.

Here's to hoping for Kanye's next album returns to Late Registration form. It won't though. Therefore in the mean time I'll just bump that new J. Cole.

I'm actually about to get J-Live's latest album S.P.T.A. that dropped last year. Sampled it on Amazon and it's a good listen. And my boy told me about this new De La Soul album called First Served. Need to sample that as well.

Couple of significant albums recently dropped, particularly Kanye and J. Cole (and Mac Miller if you're into that kind of thing). I must say, J. Cole's album blows Yeezus out of the water. On terms of lyrical content or for lack of a better term, purpose of existence (passion, heart, conviction), J. Cole's 'Born Sinner' smoked Yeezus. There is so much more to digest about Born Sinner whereas Yeezus was just an album of Kanye switching up his style again and not really focusing on lyrics as much as he should have, because it resulted in some immature, Lil Wayne-esque punchlines.

I feel like I could play Yeezus all the way through ten times in a row and have it memorized whereas Born Sinner would still catch me off guard with some of the lines on the fiftieth listen. There's so much to take in.

For someone on Kanye's album to come with lines such as "Get this bitch shaking like Parkinsons" or "I met Jesus, he said 'What up, Yeezus'" is highly disappointing. You let me down, 'Ye.

Ya know, even comparing the production; while Kanye should have the advantage, J. Cole picked and produced some of the dopest beats I've heard in a few years. Just the Forbidden Fruit track where he sample A Tribe Called Quest is a better beat than anything Ueezus had to offer. I get it, it's kind of of comparing apples to oranges because Ye and Cole are going two different direction with their sound right now, but I didn't hear anything off the Yeezus album to really impress, whereas damn near every beat on Born Sinner was spot on and had me straight vibin.

Here's to hoping for Kanye's next album returns to Late Registration form. It won't though. Therefore in the mean time I'll just bump that new J. Cole.

I haven't heard either album, I usually don't focus too much on the mainstream stuff. Sounds like I'l have to check out Cole's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back