"Heel" Champs on Both Shows...

hollowpoint

The Greatest of the Universe!!
I know everyone has probably noticed by now, but all of the Singles' Champions are "heels".

WWE Title - Alberto Del Rio
World Heavyweight Championship - Mark Henry
Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship - Cody Rhodes
U.S. Champion- Dolph Ziggler

Now that the obivious has been stated, I wanted to see what you thought about the reasons behind this. What I've come to realize is most times, there's a method to the madness and I think this time is no different. Now my questions are:

What do you think the significance is of all heels being the champions?

Which "babyfaces" would you try and build or push to contend for each Championship?

I will start.

I think the significance of this fact of the heels being the champs is two fold. It shows lack of main event faces. Sure you got Cena and Punk who will contend for the WWE Title, but who else is there? It seems to be a huge drop off when it comes to viable faces on the roster and Gives guys like ADR/Mark Henry an audition so to speak to see if they can carry their respective titles and remain relevant.

WWE Title - CM Punk - I'm not a huge fan of his, but I think he should at least contend for the title if not win it. I personally think Cena should get a partner and go after Miz and Truth (only a matter of time before they come back)
World Title - Sheamus - He is on FIRE right now and the groundwork is already laid down for him and Henry to go at it. Orton is now in the rear view mirror and it would be a fresh and welcomed change to the normal.
IC Title - Daniel Bryan - Simply because he a Cody both have the ability to put on great matches. If I had a #2, I would throw Justin Gabriel in the mix, but there is no legit reason for that.
U.S. Title - Zack Ryder(I can't believe I just wrote that) - Ryder for the first time is getting an actual push. He and Ziggler have already put on some good matches so the history is there.

What do you think?

WWE Title - CM Punk - I'm not a huge fan of his, but I think he should at least contend for the title if not win it. I personally think Cena should get a partner and go after Miz and Truth (only a matter of time before they come back)
World Title - Sheamus - He is on FIRE right now and the groundwork is already laid down for him and Henry to go at it. Orton is now in the rear view mirror and it would be a fresh and welcomed change to the normal.
IC Title - Daniel Bryan - Simply because he a Cody both have the ability to put on great matches. If I had a #2, I would throw Justin Gabriel in the mix, but there is no legit reason for that.
U.S. Title - Zack Ryder(I can't believe I just wrote that) - Ryder for the first time is getting an actual push. He and Ziggler have already put on some good matches so the history is there.

What do you think?

I agree with you on everything except the World Heavyweight title. Instead of Sheamus I would have Wade Barrett. Yes, he does sound like a pirate (Arghh!) sometimes, but other than that there is nothing wrong with him.

Orton should be competing for both World Titles. Since Smackdown is now merged with Raw, on raw at least, he could technically compete for both titles. He could then win both championships, and not merge the titles together, but simply defend both seperately. Since he is the greatest wrestler to ever step in a wrestling ring he coud easily pull this off. For the US titlle I agree and think it should be Zack Ryder, as he is going to be the next Randy Orton. For cody's opponent they should bring in Sting, which would help further elevate Stings career.

Orton should be competing for both World Titles. Since Smackdown is now merged with Raw, on raw at least, he could technically compete for both titles. He could then win both championships, and not merge the titles together, but simply defend both seperately. Since he is the greatest wrestler to ever step in a wrestling ring he coud easily pull this off. For the US titlle I agree and think it should be Zack Ryder, as he is going to be the next Randy Orton. For cody's opponent they should bring in Sting, which would help further elevate Stings career.

Are you serious about every freaking sentence you just wrote there?

I would have Punk win the WWE title. He's already the most over face on Raw along with Cena and with The Rock coming in for Survivor Series Punk can compete for the title while Cena is occupied with The Rock. After Survivor Series Cena can feud with an upper-midcard to help put him over while Punk finally gets a long title reign. Plus Punk makes Vince money more than anyone else on the roster including Cena to I think it's only a matter of time before it happens.

As for the world title I think Sheamus should beat Henry for it. I really think "The Great White" can carry Smackdown better than anyone else on the brand. Plus it's bound to happen sometime soon if the report on Vince liking Sheamus and wants him to be Smackdown's top face is true. And if it happens I'll mark out like crazy. Sheamus hasn't done a lot in 2011 and the world title would definitely get him back on track.

The next Intercontinental Champion.. Well I would have said Justin Gabriel I like him I really do but he can't work the mic for shit to be considered championship material. I just want to see the IC title end up with Drew McIntyre somehow. I never really liked him that much until I decided to watch the 2011 Elimination Chamber PPV recently after I missed it the first time. But if we're talking about a current babyface then Daniel Bryan would be a good choice. They've been giving him shit ever since winning the MitB briefcase for some reason and the IC title would get him right back on track. Plus I really think he would add a little prestige to the title again by holding it while carrying a MitB briefcase.

The next United States Champion should be Alex Riley. He's been in the mid-card long enough to get a decent push. Plus other than Zack Ryder who was like a one hit wonder I can't see any other babyface upsetting Ziggler for title. Riley can definitely talk. And he has shown some improvement in the ring. I don't understand why he's on WWE Superstars and only makes appearances on Raw every now and then to participate in stuff like 6 man tag team matches.

Orton should be competing for both World Titles. Since Smackdown is now merged with Raw, on raw at least, he could technically compete for both titles. He could then win both championships, and not merge the titles together, but simply defend both seperately.

The titles sre not going to be merged any time soon. Accept it.
Since he is the greatest wrestler to ever step in a wrestling ring

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You got to be kidding me. Orton is no doubt talented. But not even close to
the greatest ever.

For cody's opponent they should bring in Sting, which would help further elevate Stings career.

:lol:
Sting is not going to come to the WWE, especially not for a feud over the IC title.

As for the thread title, I think that it is good that there are heel champions. It is a refreshing change.

Nice observation, even the Divas Champ is heel.

I dont think it's bad though, why must it always be made a big deal of? Last time this same thing happened and I believe it was right before WrestleMania, a recent one, every champ was heel and ppl were pissed at how they thought every face would win for sure that night

Anyway faces will be getting VENGEANCE at the PPVs so I personally would just keep with the feuds that have been going on since this PPV makes sense for that reason to have the feuds we have continue for vengeance rights

I want K2 to face Beth and actually I hope she loses so she can get it back at TLC and hold it till Mania

IC title, Cody needs to keep it till Mania and have the title reign end there on the biggest stage, that needs to be the first time that new (old) white version of the belt changes hands and I hope it's Morrison who gets it

US title, why not give it to Riley or Ryder. They both could use it for two midcard guys who look to have good futures, but I'd prefer Riley because Zack is getting more of a boost now

To be honest though I wanna see Drew McIntyre hols a title, maybe IC sometime after Cody loses it

World title needs to be Show's, it's been a minute since he's been champ so it'd be a fresh face FACE holding the belt, not Orton who I wouldnt mind seeing do an IC program with Cody after SS to get Cody over more before getting the World title back for a potential feud with Jericho

Anyway Bigshow should lose at Vengeance even though it beats the point of the PPV, I'd like to see Mark's reign last, maybe have the Survivor Series theme of survival put in their rematch at SS but this time it's a Triple Threat with Kane involved and Henry can overcome both as they maybe take each other out where he can capitalize and you can have him lose it at TLC in a Tables or Chairs Match, imagine the strength spots with chairs from Show, Henry and Kane

it can be the most sadistic Chairs Match of all time, Cena got creative last year

And as for the WWE title, Del Rio should hold it till SS and face which ever face isnt on the big team of Rock & Cena, maybe if Punk's in it too he can face Sheamus and Sheamus could lose and end up beating Del Rio at the Royal Rumble after losing two straight PPVs, then Sheamus could defend the belt on Raw and lose it at Elimination Chamber

With the Raw Supershow thing I dont see why they couldnt do cross brand feuds at this point especially for something new before leading into Mania

1: significance of all heels, for me it's 2 part: part 1-creative has no effing clue as to what any long term plans are and this happened by accident, part 2- it sets up long reigns for multiple heroic faces to overcame evil heels at a later big PPV (Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/Mania)

WWE: It's gotta be CM Punk, he's the hottest thing going and putting him and Del Rio in a long title program does 2 things, 1 freshens up the product, 2 allows cena to drop down and put over some other talent and legitimize other main eventers.

WHC: Sheamus- he's on fire as a face, the fans embrace him and he's got a Batista like face run in him...only he's not a botcher and has better mic skills (or just sounds awesome because of the accent)

IC: Dan Bryan-he and Cody could put on some epic matches, have Bryan take the IC title at TLC then lose it in a triple threat at the rumble to another heel so he doesn't lose momentum. Have him then take the title off Henry at 'Mania by tapping out Henry ending Henry's career

US: Jack Swagger. Who would stay heel, have Vickie betray him and take the US title, then have Alex Riley take the title back as Ziggler moves up (to feud helping Cena with Miz and Truth to elevate Ziggles as a hopeful main event player, or if it fails, have him job out Team Cena to Truth and Miz)

The WWE rarely has this many heel champions at once. Every single champion is currently a heel other than Air Boom. I do not think there is any significance behind that. It is merely a coincidence with how they got booked. Here is who I would have in competing for each title:

I would have CM Punk feud with Del Rio for the WWE Championship and win after a feud lasting a few months. Big Show would get booked by me to defeat Henry very soon because his return should be used while he still has lots of momentum. Plus he is a better choice to be the World Champion. Randy Orton could put over Rhodes and the IC title before moving back into the main event. Beth stays Divas Champion while destroying the whole female roster. Air Boom need to continue their dominance as well in their division. Finally, I would have Ryder defeat Ziggler so that he gets his first title and then Ziggler can move up the card. I would book those matches because this gives us a couple of new champions immediately who are faces in Ryder and Big Show while also gving some good angles for the other titles.

WWE Title-Probably CM Punk. He's over enough and has proven that he deserves to be where he is now. Before they take it off ADR though, they should let him run with it a bit more.

WHC-The Big Show....but hold off on him winning it for a couple months. Big Show hasn't held a major title since 2002. (Not counting his reign as ECW champion.) He should be given another run simply as a way of WWE saying "Thank You" for all of his years of service. (Similar to how Kane finally got to be WHC last year and Mark Henry this year. Although, I wouldn't complain at all to see another Kane title reign.)

U.S. Champion-Zack Ryder. Seems to be pretty over and more than deserves a run as a singles champion. Although, quite honestly, I think Mason Ryan has a better shot as being the next U.S. Champion. (Unless WWE decides to really push him as a main event star. Apparently, they're going to.)

I.C. Champion-Ted Dibiase. WWE has completely dropped the ball on him again. Why they couldn't have prolonged a feud between him and Cody Rhodes is beyond me. Instead, Ted Jr. is wrestling on Superstars while the announcers talk about the "Dibiase Posse." It's ridiculous. The guy has the potential to be a bad-ass face and WWE doesn't want to capitalize on it.

This is the first era where the heels are better wrestlers than the faces. Besides CM Punk & Orton...Who else is a baby face that has more than 3 moves? and I don't want to hear about "Fruity Pebbles" either!

Say what you want about Del Rio, Henry, Rhodes, & Ziggler...These guys have more than 3 moves (Henry has 5, LOL), they can talk, & the can carry the belts. In this reality era...The villans are running the show, so get used to it.

;) <--- It Is My Destiny!!!

Personally i would hate to see Punk with any kind of title! The guy just does not look right carrying gold, he is much better suited to chasing the gold.

I think the main reason that all the champs are heel is because all those people are simply out performing everybody else right now. I really like all the current champs. They all have dignity and prestige and i have not felt that way for a long time.

I personally would not change a damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back