Face Or Heel champion?

Do you think WWE needs a heel champion in one of the 2 major belts or keep the faces?

• No, WWE needs to but either the WWE Belt, WHC Belt, or ECW Belt on a heel.

• No I think having it 3 faces are better at the moment.

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

DiceKid

Kinda very simple, I would just like to know if you like a face champion better or a heel champion. I personally like heel champions better, me and my friend was having this convo earlier but I think for some reason heels bring more to the table. IMO they are more entertaining and I prefer a heel as a champion over a face. Right now though it seems that the three major belts all hold faces as champs. Bobby Lashley, John Cena, and Batista I would personally like to see a heels name in there soon in the future like Edge or someone like that. I think the WWE right now is missing a little quality in a way but I think having a heel champion as either WWE World Heavyweight Champion, WWE Champion, or ECW Champion would really help out IMO. If you have any thoughts or anything I would like to know what you think and also how would it effect the WWE by having a heel champ holding one of those three belts and if you think it could be a positive thing or a negative thing. Also if this is already done then im sorry:)

A heel holding a belt would make it a whole lot better for business because you can really have people hate the guy and tune in to see the guy get beaten, that is if he is very good as a Heel.

Heel champions are so much better thne face champs. Having 3 face champs is a complete joke. There is no intrigue or interest being generated. The reason the attitude era worked so well was the Heel keeping the belt off the face. Stone Colds' journey to get the belt was always more interesting then him actually holding onto the title.

Stone Cold's title reigns, except when he was heel, were all fairly short. People loved seeing him as champion, but the character needed to be a rebel, fighting and screwing over McMahon. The best way to do it would be for him to be beltless and go after an HBK or Rock.

The most logical option for WWE, and I've said this since ONS, turn Cena Heel. The marks, including me, hate the man. People would pay to see Cena get his ass whooped. Then we'd be pissed when he wins, but pay money to see him get his ass whooped the next month. That's why Triple H worked so well. People hated him, but people kept coming back, because they knew eventually he was going to get his.

I agree with Shadowmancer. Business is better when you have a heel champion and you have the crowd chanting for the babyface. Although, nowadays, the heels are loved more than some babyfaces. I guess it's because when they become champion, they show up on all 3 shows, and beat the heels. Very strange situation but that's what it's like now. But, back in the day, Giving Heels the titles would work better.

I like it so much better when heel's are champions too. they make the show more interesting especially when hhh was a heel champ. i love it when faces actually go on the hunt for the major belt. i just loved when cena went for the wwe title when edge was champion. i loved his attitude and psychoness especially after throwing edge in the lake. good times.

I prefer heel's as champ's. It's always better if the Babyface is chasing the title. Heel's in my opinion should carry the belt for the majority of the time. Face's on the other hand should have reign's of no longer than 3-4 month's.

I agree with everoyne else on having heel champions because it is better watching them talk on the mic and just get booed out of the building.Plus, you get for a better storyline.I.E.:They attack them from behind,show them no respect,etc.Having three face champions is annyoing.It is also annoying because they tend to give faces long title reigns.I.E.:John Cena.Plus, the crowd gets sick of them.Sure they want them to win but after a while they get sick of them.

A Heel champ is far more exciting than any "face" of this world

It gets so boring when you have uncharismatic faces as champions. At least when guys like Edge were champions, you enjoyed seeing what he was going to do each week because they made it competitive, and heels are being buried right now. 3 faces as the 3 champions is ridiculous, and if they are going to have good feuds, they need to learn that the heels need to come off looking good as well. The amount of pushes that the faces get is ridiculous and if you are a heel, you are automatically buried. There are barely any good heels left in the WWE today and it is all because the WWE are afraid to make their faces look as good as them.

If the heels were given runs with the titles, it would mean that there is a lot more interest in them because generally, heel title reigns are a lot more interesting than a face going over each week. They need to have at least one heel holding a title because it is ridiculous now. Let's hope that guys like HHH and Edge as heels get longer title reigns this year, and that Cena and Batista don't ruin their reigns (if any) by making them look weak because they do it every time. You can't have a successful, interesting main event picture when there is nothing but faces, so it is a disgrace that they are doing it now.

Heel title reigns are way better cuz its how it should be by how the wwe presents their product. What I mean is that there is a face who about 90% of the time plays the underdog role whos striving to become the top dog. Then you have the heel who 90% of the time plays the in control, caculating, and does anything he can to win role. When people like Cena hold the title for a huge amount of time it destroys their role cuz the underdog is now the top dog, while the heel has to try to gain the title. While when a heel is champion they get to screw with the challenger and make it more interesting cuz you want to see this caculating bastard get knocked off the top by the underdog. Thats why when faces are champs for too long the crowd begins to boo cuz the crowd naturally wants to root for the underdog IMO. If anything faces stay champs for too long right now cuz then it compromises what a heel can do to make life hell for the face. When a heel is champ for a Cena-esque time the heel can do anything he wants to screw with his competition while all a face can do while being a champ for that long is say I'm the champ until a heel comes and says no I want to be champ its just not as interesting when the face isn't striving for something and the heel is playing challenger.

Its even worse right now going into WM with three face champions when WM should be top heel (champion) vs top face. Now we have to see face champ vs top face which is not as exciting as seeing the top heel get knocked off and lose his title at mania.

That area between Summer Slam and Survivor Series should have the heel who is going to main event WM be champ through that time in an attempt to build him up as the top heel and get him the most heat possible for WM IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back