Has Sting Actually Signed With WWE??

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I know that there are all sorts of rumors floating around about all this but there might really be something to it. The New York Daily News issued a small report today saying that Sting has signed a 1 year deal with WWE.

King's Court - By King Jordan
Steve Borden (AKA Sting), 51, reportedly has signed on to a one-year agreement with the WWE. Sting, who last wrestled for TNA and WCW, has never wrestled for Vince McMahon and the WWE. Rumors have him debuting Feb. 21.

As you can see, there aren't tons of details in the report, but merely states that Sting has signed a deal to work with the WWE. I think that this is legit as the New York Daily News isn't some dirt sheet. It's one of the top 5 most heavily circulated papers in the country and has 10 Pulitzer Prizes to its credit.

Maybe but I doubt its for anything other then the hof. What story line can he just jump into. People say the Undertaker but what happens if the undertaker can't go. Everyone else is booked. I wouldn't pay someone on a what if basis. Also don't forget if they have nash sting is one of his good buddies.

I hope its true i kinda like sting. I mean who know's you would think wrestlezone would have reported on this or at least mentioned it in an article. on a side note, WWE version of Main Event Mafia anyone? I mean all TNA will have is steiner and angle, wwe could have booker, nash and sting...so who knows that would be great though

@MVP12, the WWE won't want to have a storyline remotely similar to one TNA had, because they'd be accused of ripping off TNA (and rightly so). The WWE Creative team gets bashed a lot, but I'm sure they can come up with something. Wrestlezone has also made an article linking to this article.

And I too hope he'll come, as I'm a long time fan of his. We'll just have to wait until the 21st.

Im buyn mania anyways but i would 120% buy mania just for the match of sting vs undertaker. This isnt just a dream match its a wet dream match and 10 times better the taker vs lesnar imo. As for the one year contract think of who he could face over the year from cena to hhh to kane it would/could be a gd year for wwe. Do you guys not think its funny how the past year and a bit wwe has been desprite for superstars so theyve had to be forced to make some. Now most of the guys theyve made are over loads of superstars are back nash/booker/sting/hhh/jericho(soon) its crazy! lol

I'm not sure what to make of this. Part of me wanted to see Sting come back to TNA to finish up the Immortal storyline. But if this is true, I'm pretty stoked. I'm interested what WWE would do with Sting should he come back... the popular answer around these parts seems to be a match between him and Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I'm not sure how well received it would be by the crowd since the majority is presumably new school fans and children who probably don't know Sting. Regardless, this would be a huge signing if it's true.

But I have to say, I'm surprised if this is true. I kinda thought Sting would become a big time major wrestler and not work for WWE.

With this report by the NY Daily News and the 2/21/11 video on Raw, we can only speculate for the best. It's only inevitable that Sting would sign with the WWE and I think the best time would be now. He's been in TNA long enough and now, he should get that final run in the WWE that we have all been waiting for. At 51, I don't think you can really continue looking at the WWE the same way like Sting always has - because of fear that he'll be misused. The WWE has been chasing this guy for about 20 years; I don't think they'll take him for granted since he's a legend in Pro Wrestling. Looking forward to this...

Maybe but I doubt its for anything other then the hof. What story line can he just jump into. People say the Undertaker but what happens if the undertaker can't go. Everyone else is booked. I wouldn't pay someone on a what if basis. Also don't forget if they have nash sting is one of his good buddies.

But Undertaker WILL go:

WrestleZone has learned that the current backstage word is that The Undertaker is "almost certain" for WrestleMania, and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has charged Senior VP Brian Gewirtz and the writing staff with presenting (and we quote) "several options" for 'Taker to be a major focal point of WrestleMania.

While WWE was hoping to put together Taker vs Brock Lesnar, the leading candidate right now appears to be Wade Barrett.

"That's not a lock," a key WWE insider revealed to us this afternoon, "there are several scenarios on the table, and Vince is going to allow 'Taker to have a major say in what he does, if and when he gets back in time."

And...

Thanks to Joe Tricoli for sending this in: WWE Monday Night Raw takes place at The Save Mart Center at Fresno State on 2/21/11. The arena website is advertising the return of The Undertaker that night which could lead to speculation that the 2/21/11 Raw vignette is promoting his return. You can check out the advertisement if you CLICK HERE.

WWE Presents RAW
Tickets on sale now!!

Ticket Prices: $17.00, $27.00, $37.00, $47.00 & $62.00

To view WWE RAW Seating Chart click on link below.
wwe_raw_seating_chart_11

BEST VALUE IN ENTERTAINMENT
TICKETS START AT $17
COME SEE THE FALLOUT FROM ELIMINATION CHAMBER

Main Event Match
"The Champ" John Cena teams up with "The Viper" Randy Orton to take on The Miz and The Leader of Nexus Wade Barrett-Special Guest Referee Michael Cole!

THE RETURN OF THE UNDERTAKER

I think the man in the vignette is Undertaker. But that doesn't mean both Sting and Undertaker won't return/debut on the same night. I think that's the scenario here. The report on Sting signing that one year deal looked pretty legitimate. But the length of the trenchcoat matched Undertaker's. So I think what we're looking at is Sting vs Undertaker, THE MATCH, at Wrestlemania. Makes the ppv a hell of a lot more attractive, if that's the direction creative is going here.

I would LOVE Sting to come back. But part of me fears he'll be like Bret Hart when he returned.

Gets the crowd a little riled up by what he has to say, but is slow and boring in the ring. He's also getting a little old. Same with Nash.

According to Dave Meltzer (who's like the Woodward and Bernstein of pro wrestling), Sting hasn't re-signed with TNA and they believe he's headed to the E.
A lot of die-hard fans are going to be let down if they don't deliver the man called Sting on 2-21-11.
As of now, I don't have any reason to shell out the bucks to buy Wrestlemania if they're going for Cena-Miz, Barrett-Taker and Edge-Del Rio as the top matches. If you throw Sting into the mix somehow, there's no doubt I'll fork over $50-plus just to see him step into a WWE ring for the first time ever.

I'm thinking like 4-Real in the post above, in that it could be the Undertaker returning that night and later on the same night it be revealed Sting is there. Could be a great promo to play off of both guys on the same night. Dixie was quoted on Twitter today saying "Don't assume anything" which everyone is saying in relation to Fortune as "They" turning on Immortal but maybe it's the Sting situation w him being part of a new MEM and "They". TNA could be using the intrigue by WWE, if Sting is still part of TNA, to draw viewers in a few weeks to their live show from NC. Definitely alot going on and either way the wrestling fans win!

I would LOVE Sting to come back. But part of me fears he'll be like Bret Hart when he returned.

Gets the crowd a little riled up by what he has to say, but is slow and boring in the ring. He's also getting a little old. Same with Nash.

If you want proof sting can still go just watch any of his tna impact matches in 2010 believe me he can still go and he wont have gottn worse the 3 month hes been away from the ring!:p

I'm thinking like 4-Real in the post above, in that it could be the Undertaker returning that night and later on the same night it be revealed Sting is there. Could be a great promo to play off of both guys on the same night. Dixie was quoted on Twitter today saying "Don't assume anything" which everyone is saying in relation to Fortune as "They" turning on Immortal but maybe it's the Sting situation w him being part of a new MEM and "They". TNA could be using the intrigue by WWE, if Sting is still part of TNA, to draw viewers in a few weeks to their live show from NC. Definitely alot going on and either way the wrestling fans win!

no mate check tnas facebook page along with that message/tweet there was a video tat said the same thing it started wif the mafia then it crumbled and "dont assume anything" came up on the vid. So nice thinking but you need to check that vid out lol

I was reading a post earlier about Dixie's tweet about not making assumptions... worried that may be what we are doing here... I think it will be a HUGE let down at this point if we're expecting sting and on 2/21/11 we got taker and just for him to battle Wade Barrett!?! that would have to be one of the most anti-climactic things since the shockmaster!

The one aspect of the vignette that made me lean toward the Stinger was that build-ups for the Dead Man's return in the past have always had ghostly and supernatural themes to them. This one was in the rain, reminding me of the film "The Crow", which took place almost entirely in the rain. Sting's facepaint emulates that of Brandon Lee's character in "The Crow"...I'm going with Stinger! It's SHOWTIME!

It's obvious that the 2-21-11 is for the undertaker. Yeah, I know he's on smackdown. But he's going to return to raw to find someone to face at Wrestlemania. I promise you that Sting will not return at wrestlemania, the 21's, next week, or tomorrow. He will never wrestle in the WWE. I wouldn't shoot down the chance of him going into the Hall of Fame this year though.

Well i have one thing to say about it. Even if sting isnt coming back that day as of right now, i think vince has seen enough of how the fans are going crazy about it , and will pay him ANYTHING for that appearence.

we all know sting said he will wrestle one more year and retire as he can't perform like he wants to but he can still deliver and WWE probably made him a offer he couldn't refuse to ensure he will be financially stable down the road and this will help mania get extra buys of course and when his one year deal ends he will most likely be put in the HOF 2012 or 2013

Just imagine. Undertaker comes out on Raw to all the pomp and circumstance, the long, drawn out entrance. The whole thing.

The crowd yells and screams for minutes. He grabs a mic and just as he begins to speak, the lights go out. The scorpion montage hits the screens and the strobe lights go crazy. The lights go up and on the ramp is Sting. In the trenchcoat and the Crow facepaint.

He doesn't say anything. He just points to Taker with his baseball bat.

Epic.

All this talk about guys like Nash and Sting not being able to perform...of course their bodies have changed but look at the quality of matches WWE showcases on their programs these days...they can hang with anyone in the WWE right now. Nash at the Rumble pulled off more moves than I've seen Big Show, Mark Henry, and Great Khali do in a single match in a lonnnnng time.

Just imagine. Undertaker comes out on Raw to all the pomp and circumstance, the long, drawn out entrance. The whole thing.

The crowd yells and screams for minutes. He grabs a mic and just as he begins to speak, the lights go out. The scorpion montage hits the screens and the strobe lights go crazy. The lights go up and on the ramp is Sting. In the trenchcoat and the Crow facepaint.

He doesn't say anything. He just points to Taker with his baseball bat.

Epic.

Oh yeahhhhH! How about Taker makes his entrance...traverses the steel steps, raises his hands, the lights get bright for a second...then BAM! LIGHTS OUT!...Stinger appears in the middle of the squared circle waiting for the Dead Man.

dear god id love for it to be sting, lord knows that the vignit looked just like something out of the crow movie. id think that if it was the undertaker, it would have been a little more dramatic. if sting is there, he would probably fued with taker or kane if taker cant go.(the whole dark thing), if neither of them, id like it to be a long time wwe guy instead of some newbie.

Highly disapointed if he has Signed.. Sting doesnt need WWE and will never need WWE. Whats the point of him fueding with the Undertaker when we all know hes going to end up losing. Why would he pride himself on never working with the E then go and lose to the Es biggest star on the biggest stage in Pro wrestling? Its stupid. All for what? To say he did it once? For a little ring thats not even that credible to begin with? If its true Sting is a sellout in my mind and will always be a Sell out.

my thoughts on this...while it'd be insane to see sting in a wwe ring (in a good way), I for one believe this'd actually tarnish his legacy. wwe and tarnish in the same sentence...wow lol. In my opinion and I'm sure many others, sting is the best wrestler to never step foot in a wwe ring....by choice. The fact that he has never been there by choice for x amount of years really says something

Highly disapointed if he has Signed.. Sting doesnt need WWE and will never need WWE. Whats the point of him fueding with the Undertaker when we all know hes going to end up losing. Why would he pride himself on never working with the E then go and lose to the Es biggest star on the biggest stage in Pro wrestling? Its stupid. All for what? To say he did it once? For a little ring thats not even that credible to begin with? If its true Sting is a sellout in my mind and will always be a Sell out.

I know Sting has made it clear at one point that he would never work for Vince. Even if he hasn't signed...this is sports entertainment- when it comes to great matches it doesn't matter who wins or loses. The Rock and Hogan at WM18 was a classic but it didn't ruin Hogan's legacy when he lost, if anything it added to it. If Sting VS Taker were to happen and creative handled it right, it would be a memorable moment for wrestling history, even if Sting falls victim to the tombstone piledriver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back