GTA IV vs. Saints Row 2

rkofromhell

Dark Match Jobber
I am stuck in a hotel for the next 4 months, and my internet connection isn’t strong enough to allow me to get on Xbox Live so I need a game I can play by myself and I won’t get bored with. So simple question should I get GTA IV or Saints Row 2? I haven’t really played any of the other GTA games just have always played shooters online so have never wanted to until now. What are your thoughts on both and which would you chose? If you have any other suggestions let me know I am open to suggestions.

Personally I liked Saint's Row 2 better.. it's storyline isn't as good, the graphics are pretty poor but it's a much, much more fun game.

The missions are more creative, you can do more things (buy safehouses, fly planes, customize cars, gang play.. etc).

I can't see neither game lasting more then a month of casual play though..

I agree that saints row 2 was a much funner game. Yes people complain that their was more stuff to do in GTA4 and the graphics were much better but the simple fact is that saints row 2 was a funner game. The side missions were very fun which is something I thing GTA was lacking and SR2 felt like everyone in the city had an attitude. Anyway, both of these game should be cheap now, so I recommend buying both

Saint's row 2. I love the GTA franchise, but playing in the same city as GTA3 with only different missions and better graphics? No thank you. They have gotten lazy since the ps3 came out. releasing two (well three) New games but having them in the same city.
Saints row was a different world to explore. Had better mini games and a wider variety of cars that you could do up.

Saints Row 2, by a landslide victory. The only thing GTA 4 has over SR2 is the graphics. The missions in Saints Row 2 are way better than ANYTHING GTA 4 and the later versions have to offer. Plus, this Saints Row ties in with the last one which means that you actually find out what the hell is going on.

Not to mention, you have a lot more free roam in Saints Row, and the cars are way better. The side missions give it another bonus, especially when it comes to Fight Club!

Definitely Saints Row 2. I found it so much more funner than GTA 4. You can customise yourself and a range of other things which I found very fun. I had fun for weeks on it without even doing the missions thats how fun I thought it was.

GTA 4 on the other hand I found boring and I hated to play it. I felt that Grand Theft Auto 4 was just the same as any other GTA game.

I thought GTA IV was shockingly bad in all honesty, for something so hyped over before the release it turned out pritty crap.
So i would go for SR2, its a much more fun game, and its really similar to GTA San Andreas (just not as good)

Saints Row 2, im a no longer a GTA fan, and prefer the Saint's Row 2 game, much more to do, its fun, story is good, the looks, customization its all perfect for me in my opinion.

Saints Row 2 definitely. GTA lacks customization basically. For the hundred million dollars that went int GTA IV, it was rather bad, compared to what it could have been. The world looks beautiful at times, however I just did not have the fun that SR2 offered. I loved some of the features in SRW2, like jets and street fighting in a cage.

I'd have to say SR2 as well, mainly because there was a much wider area to cover and the custom aspects of the vehicles and your own appearance made it so much better than GTA4. It's amazing how they took everything that made San Andreas great out of the sequel.

Plus the SR2 missions have a lot more variance.

Also, if you're the type to do missions first before general 'fuck about' play, then GTA can be annoying when your friends demand you spend time with them, when you're halfway through a mission, and then you lose stats because the computer decided now would be a good time to force you to go play pool with Brucie the roid freak.

But there's one thing that SR2 never had, that always makes GTA worth buying for me.............. Lazlow.

Yeah, I'm also going to have to go with SR2. Let's face it, GTA hasn't changed much over the years. SR2, as many people have pointed out, have creative and new types of missions, and really, GTA wins the graphics department only. But who really plays these games for the story? But still, I think SR2 is superior.

Easily GTA IV

1. There's a reason it got a perfect 10 from IGN
2. Amazing graphics
3. In-depth storyline and you can always go on a rampage

SR2 has pretty badass cutscenes. The shootouts are always fun. They can overdo it sometimes though. It's funny. They have good humor in there where as GTAIV was depressing. There's a whole.. WHOLE lot to do in SR2. It's a underrated game. Online mode is fun too.

Saints Row 2 Gat For Ever Sr2 is Fun and Gta Meh SR2 Rules What Other Games Lets You Spray Shit Kill people Blow Shit Up Attack Crazed Fans And Get Payed For It Plus Respect Meter Is an Auto Win

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back