Saints Row 2: The GTA IV Killer?

kiriyama

The Salvatore of the WZ
((Okay, before you read any further... this topic MAY contain slight spoilers. If you'd rather wait for this game's release before getting any heads up. I suggest you leave NOW!))

As many of you know, GTA IV is unanimously the greatest free-roaming game of our time. And the series number one competitor, Saints Row, its first game seemed like nothing but a time bidder for GTA IV's release. Now that Saints Row 2 is about two months until it's release... it's pulling all the stops. Myself, I was like many other gamers siding with Grand Theft Auto IV saying, Saints Row's next game would be NO competition to earlier released competitor. Now that I've seen more clips of the Gameplay and in-game activities... I'm second guessing myself. If you've yet to see any of the Saints Row 2 clips, I suggest you go take a look at these specific two:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882586/saints-row-2/videos/saintsrow2_trailer_060408.html
and
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882586/saints-row-2/videos/saintsrow2_trl_stsgang_062608.html

Anyways, the game starts off where you left off in the first game. You wake up from a coma from the attempted killing of new mayor and yourself. The Saints are history and three new gangs are up in the world; the Brotherhood, the Rounin, and the 70's. Your job is to bring the Saints back to top and get your revenge on those that turned their back on you. The game obviously has new weapons, clothes, cars, jewelry, activities, online, etc. After looking at those two videos and considerably the others, in your opinion does Saints Row 2 look like it can compete with GTA IV or even surpass it? Me, I don't know and I won't judge until it is released.

It sounds like San Andreas revisited ;)

New cars, your gang has been trashed, drugs taking over etc :)

Though I doubt it will be able to beat the GTA franchise, thats all Rockstar seem to be geared towards nowadays, they make so much cash they do not know what to do with it!

I Personally thought that The first Saints Row was better than san andreas. And I Wager the Second one will be better than GTA IV. IV and San Andreas are both great games, its just that saints row has more quirky missions like holding somebody out a car window and trying not to kill him

In my experiece. i have played all GTA games and saints row 1. saints row was better thhan GTA san andreas despite the let down of no planes or helicopters but the game was much more fun and there were alot more things to do. but san andreas with its motorbikes, quad bikes, go karts and other funny stuff like that did own. like BMXing or mountain biking. they were great. but saints row owned it with the customization and a lot of activities which in my opinion insuraance fraud was funny as hell. now the thing about GTA IV is that they sucked the unrealism and fun out of the game and swapped it with a game which tried to be too realistic but forgot that video games are fun and they should have known that when a lil red italian guy was having fights with a rampant turtle with a spiky shell. (mario). so when GTA IV went too realistic, admitidly it is a hell of a game and i really appreciate the graphics of car crashes and aftermath damage on the cars. and the fact that liberty city is new york city to the finest detail. but the fact that your a foreigner annoyed me and your in new york city but the people you meeet in teh game are all foreign too. do you become friends with any americans? i forget i completed it a while ago bu ti dont think you do. saints row 2 looks awesome and its been a long time coming. and after watching those two videos hell yeah it will wipe GTA out!!!! GTA IV didnt have planes and bmx and all that which ruined it. saints row 2 have seen gta mistakes in IV and can now advance on them and pick up the pieces to deliver the king of sandbox games. along with the great story ( i personally knew that you guy got away at the end of the first one, you hear him swimming.) i have wanted to get revenge on those Bas****s for soooo long its finally come. glad to hear stilwater is now bigger and with the inclusion of loads more activities and being able to throw you rmates infront of trains is hilarious. also did it anoy you on GTA when you bump into a cop or kill someone while you are in a COP car????? and they come after you still???? well in saints row 2 youc an dress up as a cop wooooo!!!!! i love those videos, increased the hype of this game soo much i cant wait for this game.

Hope you found my essay useful :p

There is a lot more things i could have talked about but fingers got tired :p

personally i thought Saints Row 1 was better than San Andreas.

GTA 4 is awesome and i hope Saints Row 2 is like it.

i like the Saints Row dynasty more than the GTA dynasty because of the missions. SR's missions are way better than GTA's. only thing that GTA has on SR is the plane flying and helicopter riding but thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back