General Spam Sitcom Discussion thread

Just finished watching the first two seasons of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, thought it was hilarious. Same goes for Rules of Engagement, even though I know it's shit really.

Grew up on shows like Three's Company, The Jeffersons, and Sanford & Son to name a few. Only recent ones I like is Big Bang and Archer. I used to watch the Office for a period but I grew out of it.

Anyone else have a strong hatred toward JD from Scrubs? Hope I'm not the only one. I feel the same about Bob Saget's younger self in HIMYM (his name escapes me atm).

Anyone else have a strong hatred toward JD from Scrubs? Hope I'm not the only one. I feel the same about Bob Saget's younger self in HIMYM (his name escapes me atm).

I mean, JD has his annoying spots, but that's kind of run of the mill for sitcoms that put a strong focus on one lead.

I have a soft spot for 8 Simple Rules. Thought y'all should know.

John Ritter is pretty great, and Katey Sagal is always great. The episode after Ritter's death has to be one of the most memorable television episodes I've ever seen, albeit for tragic reasons.

Oh, and Kaley Cuoco being smoking hot is always a good thing.

I'm fond of JD. Scrubs is in my top 5 all time shows.

1. Seinfeld
2. HIMYM
3. Cheers
4. Scrubs
5. Three's Company

John Ritter is pretty great, and Katey Sagal is always great. The episode after Ritter's death has to be one of the most memorable television episodes I've ever seen, albeit for tragic reasons.

Oh, and Kaley Cuoco being smoking hot is always a good thing.

Yep. Post-Ritter, the decline in quality is clear as day. But I still kind of liked it. Maybe because I kind of like David Spade. Don't tell anyone.

Yep. Post-Ritter, the decline in quality is clear as day. But I still kind of liked it. Maybe because I kind of like David Spade. Don't tell anyone.

Hey man, no judgement. I was going to bring up that the occasional episode of Just Shoot Me really packs the lulz.

I always liked Just Shoot Me. Used to watch it every morning before school. Now frailer occupies that slot.

Is it wrong that i can't get into Seinfeld at all? The laugh track completely kills it for me. I find It's Always Sunny to be way better.

Is it wrong that i can't get into Seinfeld at all? The laugh track completely kills it for me. I find It's Always Sunny to be way better. People will tell me I'm wrong but i honestly don't get the appeal.

You either hate Seinfeld or love it. There is no in between. Watched the new HIMYM tonight and I must say that this is deeply confusing.

Ted comes to Robin's aid after she looks for a locket she buries in Central Park that's supposed to be her 'something old' when she gets married. She finds the box, with no locket and believes that its the universe telling her not to marry Barney. It ends with Ted and Robin holding hands. Quite odd.

I really miss the Drew Carey Show.

OHIO-HIO-HIO!

I watched Drew all the way to the end. I really think they should've just ended it with Drew somehow marrying Kate without the bigamy plot. Though I thought Nikki was way hotter.

The show ended when Kate left. Everything else was a new show to me.

I think the show was still under contract for another two or three years when Kate left. Drew was getting crazy paid per episode at that point so I guess ABC was locked in to keep it on until the contract was up. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Yea, the show had a few years left... but the show was made by Kate and Drew and all of a sudden, Kate just takes off. She ended up on Scrubs, which I can't complain too badly about.

Anyone remember this show?

[YOUTUBE]N1fRXCKFrqw[/YOUTUBE]

Lame show but it was cool to see some wrestlers appear on it. I think it lasted maybe one season.

Anyone remember this show?

[YOUTUBE]N1fRXCKFrqw[/YOUTUBE]

Lame show but it was cool to see some wrestlers appear on it. I think it lasted maybe one season.

That might be the most 80's sounding theme song in history. And you know, I think this would work today. Put someone strong enough to make sense in the role and have the WWE or TNA stars be guests. It's funny seeing one Tully Blanchard hit him with a chair though.

How I Met Your Mother is so good. It's not the funniest sitcom ever, far from it in fact, but it has more heart than any other sitcom you'll ever watch, that's for certain.

How I Met Your Mother is so good. It's not the funniest sitcom ever, far from it in fact, but it has more heart than any other sitcom you'll ever watch, that's for certain.

No! Bad jmt! That's bad! Do I have to rub your nose in it?

Seriously though, have you seen Happythankyoumoreplease yet? I know we've talked about it before, but I can't remember if you saw it or not.

Seriously though, have you seen Happythankyoumoreplease yet? I know we've talked about it before, but I can't remember if you saw it or not.

Yes! I remember posting in your thread about it. I loved it. It was refreshing to see an indy film that wasn't so dark and depressing, and instead cheerful and optimistic.

Also, just last weekend I watch Josh Rador's (the writer/director of Happythankyoumoreplease and star of HIMYM) newest film called Liberal Arts. It's every bit as good and upbeat as his predecessor. The ending was a little rushed and convenient, but like I said, I support a top notch American indy film actually leaving on a happy note rather than a depressing one since it's so rare these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back