First Round: Boston - Dynamite Kid vs. Dusty Rhodes

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Dynamite Kid

• Dusty Rhodes

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, near as I can tell the majority of which that have selected DK are doing so because Dusty Rhodes was.. fat.. and not the greatest wrestler in his time. Well, shit guys, you just described the 80's.

Dusty Rhodes wins here, because and mark the words closely.. DK was at the very best, a guy who needed to rely on a partner, to win matches. Dusty may not have had "pretty" wins, but he did have wins.

Someone (JMT?) mentioned Dusty being similar to this Generation's Miz. Well, be it as it may.. Miz is a double Champion, has victories over current World Champions, and has defeated several top names. He's in a Tag team, but doesn't need to be to gain success. DK, from near as I can tell through the small amount of research I did.. has had some small single's feuds before he was ever known, but is mainly and forever will always be known as one-half of the British Bulldogs.

Thats all I ever knew him for. I had to do what research I did, just to discover the guy even had single's matches before. So, on that note - I simply don't care how powerful he is, or aggressive. He doesn't seem like the type that can win single's matches. Especially against a guy, who (again, ugly or otherwise) was Main Eventing and defeating top named Legends, in his day.

Dynamite Kid's matches against Tiger Mask I are some of the greatest matches ever produced, PERIOD. I liked Rhodes's flamboyant style, and he can talk like no other, but, I'm going with the man whose matches still amaze me to this day.

I just cannot vote Dusty Rhodes over someone like Dynamite Kid. I think it is because I have always hated Dusty Rhodes, always felt that he portrayed a bit of a negative image as a character as a kid. In retrospective, you could say that Dynamite was a pretty shit person, but I always loved his matches, and I always love hearing about him.

I fucking hate Dusty Rhodes. He was literally like a fucking cancer on the wrestling community in the 80s with both his in-ring "skill" and his ability to bring ******ed booking to an entirely new level, so much so that entirely new words had to be coined using Dusty's name to describe a level of ineptitude that had to be reached to be believed. Thus the "dusty finish" was born, and a millions of wrestling fans and counting are still suffering from getting ripped off for paying/attending huge events where main-event matches ended in thirty seconds with DQ finishes and motherfucking boots being laid across people's foreheads. Did I mention the Bunkhouse Stampede, Dusty's brilliant idea of having a battle royal in a cage? Just fuck you Dusty Rhodes. Fuck. You.

Now, all that said, I can understand why he's winning this poll right now because he was quite successful from a kayfabe point of view. But holy fuck people, can you think of a single solitary match involving Dusty Rhodes that was good that he wasn't completely and utterly carried in from beginning to finish? IE all of his world title wins and main event feuds basically? Good lord if I could assemble a list of the top ten worst workers in the history of professional wrestling, god damnit if half of that list wouldn't be filled with Dusty's extremely fat ass.

I voted Dynamite Kid (obviously) but I won't pretend it's for any reason other than I prefer him a thousand times to Rhodes and he was only about twelve million times t he superior worker to Rhodes. God damnit if it wasn't for Dusty's endlessly amusing stint as color commentator in the 90s with WCW (he got a bicycle! He got a bicycle!) I would probably rank Dusty Rhodes as my least favorite wrestler to ever live. Like I'd rather watch the dude that stabbed Bruiser Brody to death in a shower wrestle against Moppy for five hours than one more god damned Dusty Rhodes match..

Phew. Glad to get all that off my chest. Fuck you Dusty Rhodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back