Finally. James Ellsworth has been released.

Feel so sad about first woman MiTB winner. He deserves better.

Never understanded WWE direction with him. Sure he got over based on one sentence he said before he was squashed but they baffled me with nonsence around his storylines. He has 3-1 record against past and current Champion AJ Styles. Let that sink in, comedic relief jobber has a record on which even one John Cena could envy. Then they did Carmella and was weird but fine until he won first woman MiTB and gave it to Carmella. Yeah, first women MiTB winner is a man, such good message for every girl they want to "empower" because what is better way to do it but by showing how women cant do anything without a man helping. Then he kinda was there and then he ends up as being a dog and even barking. Then next week he magically starts to be male chauvinistic pig only to be beaten by women and have Carmella turn on him and becoming a face. I am just kidding, she is not a face, she has MiTB and would probably try to cash it on Charlotte soon, but good job WWE on confusing people to maybe think that.

He had a year contract I think. So it expired, they milk him up in every way possible and throw him away. He has nothing to complain, he did jobber role, made a bundle of money and now can make more in independent circuit.

A character that was sorely needed gets the pink slip. Sounds about right.

Ellsworth was interesting, and unlike many comedy jobbers, was funny. A human punching bag is nothing to sneer at in wrestling. He had a place on the roster and even looked the part. Bummed that WWE dropped him when there are a list of jobbers who are nowhere near as cool as he is, like Curt Hawkins, Mike Kanellis, the Cruiserweight Division, etc. That and it made Carmella holding the briefcase all the more interesting as a guy getting involved in a woman's match gets the crowd heated (case in point, the WMIB Match).

Ah well.

I don't see what all the complaints are about. The guy was used well for the role he had, people liked to see him get beaten up, which they milked for all they could, he wasn't featured all over the product and was never made any sort of serious contender for anything. Now, if it'd been the exact opposite of how they used him, then I can understand the complaints and criticism. Sure, there was some controversy regarding his involvement in the first women's MITB match and I thought it was a great call; I shit you not, I honestly had a feeling that things wouldn't be allowed to stand that way because they showed Tweets from Bryan & Shane almost immediately after the match that all but guaranteed that there'd be another match. It generated great heat for himself and Carmella, had fans in an uproar to some degree and made them want to see Ellsworth especially get his ass kicked, so mission accomplished.

He's had his time in the sun, his asking price on the indie circuit will go up and I hope the guy makes out alright.

Guy was funny, sure, and I loved him too, but other than that, he was basically useless. He wasn't wrestling, sure as hell wasn't selling tickets as a manager, what would they pay him for? Curtie Boy Hawkins is the next logical guy who gets the boot. I mean, I thought he had something with this loss streak going on, but they can't even find any time for him on a 3-hour RAW.

All i have to say about this is it's about time, He was able to do what most people wont but they booked him bad and made him a nothing except a jobber. Glad to see him go but happy to see him get to be in a WWE ring.

Why the hell would I be happy about a guy losing his dream job?

He played his roll well, he was crazy over for a couple months. I think they missed the chance to have him turn on Carmella and go back to being a babyface. Her treating him badly was setting up perfectly.

Moving to 205 Live after that and being a guy who could legitimately make some of those cruiserweights look strong and basically be a Mikey Whipwreck of 205 Live would have been a good role for him. Eventually Enzo taking him under his wing could have been a fun angle.

I dunno, there were chances to do more with him but yea, sucks that he is gone, but he will make a killing on the indies

Can't really say I'm surprised because his character has pretty much run it's course. He was funny at the beginning but then became kind of annoying later on. His gangster image as Carmela's manager was just a little silly.

When he started to get beat up by most of the women on the roster, the writing was on the wall. There was no way he could really ever have gone back and put on a believable match even in 205 Live. That being said though, there are probably others who could have been let go before him. We don't see quite a few on the roster and they probably make more money than he does.

But good on him for lasting this long. He really has no complaints and can find a job in the indies somewhere. You never know, if he manages to get into better shape and some experience, we may see him back in a WWE ring at some point. Although I think that's a long shot.

I really liked the guy, he brought a hint of humor, and also was a pretty good meme story of Random Jobber getting reused.

I think theres more fat on the bone than him, he was entertaining outside of the ring, something that's sorely lacking on Smackdown. They have in ring entertainment down, but outside of a few people, it's lacking personality.

I really liked the guy, he brought a hint of humor, and also was a pretty good meme story of Random Jobber getting reused.

I think theres more fat on the bone than him, he was entertaining outside of the ring, something that's sorely lacking on Smackdown. They have in ring entertainment down, but outside of a few people, it's lacking personality.

It's true. He offers a lot in regards to personality and he has quite a bit of experience in ring. While they obviously didn't have anything for him now he is incredibly useful. That is understandable with all the stuff they have on their table at a time and I'd get not wanting to keep him on a payroll when he is going to be on the back burner for a while.

Ran out his time. Lived the dream. Got some actual value added to his name for years now. I think he had a family and is kinda older so I hope they utilized that WWE money and capitalize off his release. The Carmella stuff sucked, but it's whatever. I really don't blame Carmella, him, or even WWE for that really.

It's all about timing and sadly James Ellsworth was next on the chopping block. Had he been in the right place at the right time, say fall of 1999, he could have put the moves on Stephanie and climbed the wrestling peking order..Imagine instead of that mid card potential Levesque we could have had Ellsworth headlining every Wrestlemania for about 20 years..

Ellsworth going was the right call. This is not Championship Wrestling anymore. You do not have perpetual jobbers getting clobbered every week for eternity. Ellsworth will probably become a trainer in some school. He cannot take booking until February 19th. By then he will be basically a nobody. I cannot see Impact grabbing him. VERY outside chance of LU.

I would've liked to see him stick around a little longer. He was a lot funnier than then some of the other lame comedy acts over the years like Hornswoggle. But as others have mentioned someone like him has a shelf life and even though he is over and is popular with the crowed. I think they did a good job using his popularity to get Carmella over who floundering on Smackdown before being aligned with him. Carmella has gotten the spotlight and a good amount of exposure with Ellsworth but this will be a good opportunity to see if she can shine on her own when she eventually cashes in and gets a run with The Smackdown Women's Title.

Not surprised in the slightest about this. Ellsworth had overstayed his welcome. He gets squashed as a traditional jobber, comes back and gets to earn a Smackdown contract. Great. Then he started to really annoy people with his feud with AJ Styles. Ellsworth did manage to get Mauro to curse live on PPV, so he did provide that entertaining moment, though indirectly. "What the **** did Ellsworth just do!?". I hated him as Carmella's boyfriend/bodyguard/manager/whatever. I won't even start on how he tarnished the first Women's Money In The Bank match. Then we had the most entertaining part of his WWE career. When he started acting like a dog. Seriously. That segment when he barked at Becky Lynch and she sprayed water at him was the most entertaining thing Ellsworth ever did in my opinion. I feel bad that he lost his dream job and do hope he makes better money in the indies from here on, but if they had to get rid of some people at this time then it is not shocking that his name was near the top of the list of who had to be future endeavored.

http://www.wwe.com/article/james-ellsworth-released?sf172089900=1

So this has finally been done which, quite frankly, should have been done right after the AJ angle.
And I sorta feel for the guy. The whole gimmick with Carmella was disgraceful. Even for him.

Could they have used him elsewhere?

A bit of a mixed message here.

On one hand, you post title says "Finally, James Ellsworth has lost his job", and that it should have been done after the A.J. angle.

Then you feign sympathy for him, and say that you feel for the guy.

No you don't.

If you REALLY felt for him, you wouldn't say "finally...he lost his job", or "it should have been done a while ago".

So, you think it is good for a human being to lose his job, his career, his livelihood.

Sure, it happens, all the time. It's a part of life. But I fail to see how any glee can be derived from any person losing their job.

What does it say about you?

So, are you glad that Ellsworth "finally" lost his job, or you feel or the guy, or you think he should have used elsewhere, because you have included all three points in your posts.

How people react to James Ellsworth is the perfect example of today's fickle, fairweather, entitled, wrestling fan.

When he first appeared, and took on A.J., the fans were all behind him. He was an underdog, he was "up against it". A little guy, with a fighting spirit, taking it to the chief heel at the time, and beating him. I heard comparisons to Daniel Bryan, and how Ellsworth is a similar type of character of the underdog you could all relate to.

But then he won, not just once, or twice, but he beat A.J. three times. So, he finally had success. You were all pulling for him. That is, until he was successful. Then you all turned on him, because he wasn't an "underdog" anymore.

You bag John Cena and Roman Reigns, over the years, for dominating, and winning "too much", and say that they are holding back others. You then go for these others, until they too win too often.

The fact is, you hate to see any wrestler be "too successful". It is the Mary Sue Syndrome, where someone has to have flaws, or they are too "perfect", and they must lose, from time to time, and never always win.

If Brock Lesnar was on TV every week and won every match, you would hate on him. You only like it because he only shows up occasionally, and the match is over before you get bored. If Taker won EVERY match, and not just every Wrestlemania match, once a year, then you would have turned on him.

I mean, C.M. Punk is another perfect example of this. For two years, all I heard was how Punk is destined for greatness, how Vince won't push him, how he deserves the title and not Cena. He finally wins it, beating Cena, and you all cheer. But then he holds it, for 14 months. He won it, but for too long in the mind of the impatient modern wrestling fan, who loves the title being hot-potated, then complains how no one is ever made a star and the title is meaningless. The fans turned on Punk, because he was no longer the held down indy star who couldn't break the glass ceiling, he was champion, and he needed to lose it, now!

The only reason Punk is loved again is because he is no longer champion, and stood up to Vince McMahon.

I am convinced that if Daniel Bryan hadn't got injured soon after Wrestlemania XXX, and been off the screens, and hardly wrestled again, that how he would be perceived by wrestling fans today would be different. I don't think Bryan would be as loved if he held the belt for too long, because he is no longer the held-down underdog not given the chance. He is still loved because injury prevented him from getting a proper run, so he was never champion for "too long".

In the old days, Hulk Hogan could hold the belt for three years, and people wanted him to stay champion. These days, fans would turn on Hogan if he held it longer than two months.

I think fans' reaction to this has changed even since the Attitude Era. Back then, you had no problem with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin "winning" every week against Mr McMahon. Many of you had no problems with constant Raw ending with Austin drinking beer over a Stunned Mr McMahon and cronies. I can barely remember Vince "getting one back" on Austin, and making him look weak (the only time I can think of Vince leaving Raw, having bettered Austin was after the Corporate Royal, where Vince pinned Austin, tied him up in the ropes, poured beer on his head, and screamed in his face as the show went off the air). Every other week, SCSA stood victorious. So, why is "Stone Cold" allowed to be a "Mary Sue" or "Gary Stu" but not Cena, Roman or anyone else ?

Many wrestling fans don't know what they want, and ask for opposite of anything that is happening, which is why WWE shouldn't listen to what they have to say, as many of them have NFI.

A bit of a mixed message here.

On one hand, you post title says "Finally, James Ellsworth has lost his job", and that it should have been done after the A.J. angle.

Then you feign sympathy for him, and say that you feel for the guy.

No you don't.

If you REALLY felt for him, you wouldn't say "finally...he lost his job", or "it should have been done a while ago".

So, you think it is good for a human being to lose his job, his career, his livelihood.

Sure, it happens, all the time. It's a part of life. But I fail to see how any glee can be derived from any person losing their job.

What does it say about you?

So, are you glad that Ellsworth "finally" lost his job, or you feel or the guy, or you think he should have used elsewhere, because you have included all three points in your posts.

Whoa.. You hold your horses, son. I feel for the guy because of the way he was humiliated (dog-collar and all..) and it's good that it's "FINALLY"over for him.

I say that he should have been released after the AJ angle to save him from the humiliation he faced after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back