Enzo Amore: Worse Off Than We Thought

Wildcat66

Mastermind of ATV
So. Remember when we found out that Enzo Amore had heat from the locker room? Like, Miz level heat? That was because Enzo apparently had a mouth the size of Mt. Rushmore and couldn't shut up long enough. And we all recognized that it was a bit concerning for his career.

Well if these reports have anything to say, it's worse than we thought.

Exhibit A: http://stillrealtous.com/stripper-claims-enzo-amore-high-full-tell-story/

Basically a stripper tells the story of the time she met Enzo at a strip club and apparently he was high on marijuana or something and kind of a dick to her.

Exhibit B: http://stillrealtous.com/enzo-amores-backstage-heat-might-worse-thought/

This one basically confirms that Enzo's heat exists and it's here big time. JBL even had to confirm the incident with Enzo and Roman during Bring it to the Table. When something like that happens, it can't be good news. He compared the heat of Enzo to The Miz's and he even admitted that he wasn't too sure that he would last much longer in WWE.

So yeah, it looks like Enzo Amore is worse off than we first thought if that's what we go off by. I'm not going to write him off in stone just yet, but these stories do not help his reputation at all.

Whether he has heat backstage or not, I don't see where he's going to go now that he and Big Cass have split, which was done very prematurely in my opinion. The tag division for Raw only has 5 teams (Sheamus & Cesaro, Hardy Boyz, Revival, The Club, and Slater & Rhyno) and of those teams only 1 is a fan favorite. The division is so weak that they have to throw Rollins & Ambrose into the title picture. Enzo & Cass should have had one good run as tag champs before breaking up.

Unless they put Enzo in cruiserweight matches where he belongs, he will just get pummeled week after week by opponents who are twice his size. Vince reportedly likes to watch him get "ragdolled", but I imagine that will grow old for him eventually just like his promos which are 90% the same each Monday night.

This is nothing. Guy is rude to a stripper and smokes pot. Pro wrestler is kind of a dick. If Enzo wants to succeed at professional wrestling he needs to be more like the pure legends of times past like Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and Shawn Michaels. They succeeded by being super pure and righteous.

This is nothing. Guy is rude to a stripper and smokes pot. Pro wrestler is kind of a dick. If Enzo wants to succeed at professional wrestling he needs to be more like the pure legends of times past like Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and Shawn Michaels. They succeeded by being super pure and righteous.

That's all pre-PG era and pre-Wellness Policy existence. Vince very much wants to cultivate a certain image of WWE and having it get out, in this day and age, that his wrestlers are high and harassing strippers is something that threatens that image. To the rest of the world, it's not really a big deal and is barely a blip on the radar but Vince is too much of an egomaniacal control freak to let something like that slide. I think he MIGHT if Enzo had a lot of pull in the company and was a bigger star, but he doesn't and he's not.

I can see Enzo being put in the CW Division eventually or, if the reports of another Superstar Shakeup after SummerSlam are true, head back down to NXT.

I'm just waiting for him to be TNA world champion.

He can talk. If he gets future endeavoured I could see whatever Jeff Jarrett is calling his company bringing him in.

Maybe he can take a shot to the head and be broken...

I watched the episode of Bring it to the Table that the story is referring too. Now I don't know if it was a shoot or not, but Corey Graves came across as being completely honest.

The way I see it is like Graves said. These guys and girls, work very closely with each other, travel together and at times spend more time with their co-wrestler's than they do their own family. There is nothing worse than having a family member that is a pain in the ass, and we all have one of those somewhere.

I can see Enzo being lit all the time. It would drive me crazy as well, just can't take crap like that 24/7, never could really. Takes a very special kind of person to put up with it, and with so many wrestlers from various backgrounds, not surprising to see Enzo might have issues with some of them. He also strikes me as a person who won't change, maybe because he can't. So it's either put up with him or cut him loose.

Agree though that he should be on 205 Live. There is nothing for him on the main roster, so if they want to keep him in the ring, put him with guys his size. Doesn't mean he'll do any better, but at least the WWE gave it a shot.

Enzo i think was never a huge priority for WWE and i doubt he will be anytime soon. He makes me think of JTG from crymetime just with how his character is on camera. Sure if all the reports are true and he's getting so much heat backstage that he's getting the miz treatment then he's got some growing up to do and fast because his job is on the line at this point.

The reason the miz was able to do well for himself was that he took all the abuse that the rest of the locker room gave him and adapted his attitude so that he could prove to them that he belong and that's why Miz as become one of the most respected guy in the wwe. Enzo is young, he got a lot of growing up to do in my opinion especially if the douche bag character he plays on tv is how he his in real life.

Like i wrote before, Enzo isn't a important part of the WWE roster for them to keep him around if he's going to cause this much trouble for them. So they will tolerate this until his feud with big cass is over and then after that, Enzo might get a warning about his attitude backstage from whoever is in charge of talent relations and if this doesn'T work at don't see him lasting too long.

Meh. Enzo Amore never seemed to be getting anywhere since day one on the main WWE roster even with Big Cass. They never won the Tag Team titles, so what else is in store for Enzo other than jobbing? He's been doing that for so long that I associate him with it. He can cut an entrance phrase with similar formula to Road Dogg and get the crowd to follow along with him. That's all I see in him. He's manager material at best. Now, if he continues to be a thorn backstage, then I just don't see jobbing him out to be a suitable punishment since that doesn't make much of a difference as to what he's doing in the ring anyway. It would be the same story/different platform if he were to go to 205 Live. So, what's the worst that can happen to him? Future endeavouring him might be the only solution.

Enzo should be a manager and bring in combat zone wrestling (czw) superstar
.............SHALK............
THIS GUY SHALK IS THE REAL DEAL

There's a report out via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter stating that Enzo has gotten into even more trouble.

The report alleges that an incident recently took place that's become the proverbial straw that "broke the camel's back." Said incident involved Enzo being overheard on the phone saying things perceived as negative about the wrestling business, while also bragging about how much money he was making in WWE to whomever he was talking to.

The WON further states that there's indeed talk of sending Enzo back down to NXT. The idea is that it would be away from Vince McMahon where he can be a big name talent who can help sell tickets to house shows or they could move him to 205 Live, to help garner reactions. Corey Graves, who flatly said on Bring it to the Table that he doesn't like Enzo, also said that he personally feels that Enzo should be put on 205 Live.

If this is legit, then Enzo really, really, really needs to learn how to shut up sometimes and think before he says something.

Enzo has an opportunity to make a truck load of money. If he messes that up, it's all on him. He is so talented on the mic - he could find a position in the company for years.

Um, you keep referring to Enzo has having Miz level heat, but, hey, if it could lead to any of the success Miz has had and IS having in the WWE right now then it doesn't sound all that bad.

Sure, Miz had a really rough go at it in his first few years in WWE and had to do a lot of cheap things and jobbing. But he stuck with it and now he's has lots of highlights as part of his WWE career.

If Enzo's heart is really in working for WWE then he'll keep at it and do what he needs to do, and if that means, for a little while being the whipping boy and going out and losing matches and looking kind of weak, but he does it well, then the chances are he will get an opportunity to revive himself and have some success.

How many people remember how many matches the Miz won and lost in his first few years in WWE? Not many.

As long as Enzo still gets reactions out of the crowd even if he is losing matches he will be of use to WWE and sticking with it, he can get the chance he wants and one that works for WWE too.

All that said, it looks like WWE are pretty much investing in Big Cass and not going to give Enzo much to do. I think it would be better if they let Enzo go look for another, "better", tag partner but maybe it's not so easy along the way and he has to prove himself but this lets Cass get more spotlight while Enzo still has something to do and then can come back around and face Cass again when he's more ready.

But, even though that's not what WWE seems to be doing right now, they could still get around to that even a year or two later.

There's a report out via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter stating that Enzo has gotten into even more trouble.

The report alleges that an incident recently took place that's become the proverbial straw that "broke the camel's back." Said incident involved Enzo being overheard on the phone saying things perceived as negative about the wrestling business, while also bragging about how much money he was making in WWE to whomever he was talking to.

The WON further states that there's indeed talk of sending Enzo back down to NXT. The idea is that it would be away from Vince McMahon where he can be a big name talent who can help sell tickets to house shows or they could move him to 205 Live, to help garner reactions. Corey Graves, who flatly said on Bring it to the Table that he doesn't like Enzo, also said that he personally feels that Enzo should be put on 205 Live.

If this is legit, then Enzo really, really, really needs to learn how to shut up sometimes and think before he says something.

If this turns out to be true and if I was Vince, oh yeah; send him to NXT and don't bring him back up until he learns to shut his mouth and think.

A few more details regarding Enzo's heat regarding Enzo's backstage heat have been released via Sports Illustrated. It's now being said that, on top of everything else, Enzo has had a "series of questionable guests" backstage. Some WWE wrestlers are upset with Amore because his friends broke locker room etiquette by filming video and taking photos of them backstage. They feel Amore "should know better." SI also mentions that Enzo is venturing into the music business "which creates another conflict with WWE and could even land him on the list of future endeavored talent."

Enzo has two things going for him right now: he sells a lot of merchandise and his segments on Raw are good draws. That's probably what's saving his ass right now.

Enzo was never going to advance past the tag division/midcard, his age coupled with his size and lack of ability in ring were always going to prevent a huge rise, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I know we often use the word midcarder as a negative term, but not everyone on your roster can be World Champion. You need those role players to round out the roster and Enzo was a very good role player. He brings such a natural swagger to the mic, he feels real. As the last week or two have shown, it's probably because he was just playing a heightened version of his real life self, but people bought into him. Hell, I was at Raw the night that the Cass reveal took place and the guy in front of me, decked out 100% in Enzo gear, was so upset that he grabbed his SO and demanded they leave before the show was officially off air.

I think Enzo and Cass had a lot of potential to be a modern version of the New Age Outlaws. Enzo and Road Dogg were both very energetic on the mic and their in ring flaws could be hidden by their partner who was a superior in ring talent. Both Billy and Cass had their place in the sing along entrance talk, but their mic skills were largely carried by their partner. It's almost a perfect combo, and even if them winning the belts and eventually facing off with the Shield at Wrestlemania was really annoying in their last over the hill return, you can't deny how popular the team was for a long time.

Anyway, yeah Enzo was going to have a decent spot on the roster due to his charisma and ability to connect with the audience. He can right the ship, but if the reports are true that his on screen persona is just an extension of his real life self, then I wouldn't want to spend much time around him either.

The stripper did not disrobe fast enough to suit him, so he asked
for a refund.

Happens all the time. :)

Enzo is lucky it's not the 1980s or the 1990s where he would get put in his place by the veterans.

Not surprised at what's going on with Enzo if the stories are true about how he has been acting. I like the guy and find his promos really entertaining, but he's not that great in the ring. He was never going to get very far without the tag team he had with Cass. They split them up WAY too soon and it saddens me that they never won the Raw Tag Team Championship or even the NXT Tag Team Championship. I hope Enzo is able to turn things around and maybe become Cruiserweight Champion or something though at this point I doubt it. He'll end up on many fans' list of WWE's missed opportunities sooner or later at this rate.

He would make a great heel manager. Johnny Polo and Slicksters love child.

I doubt it. I see him hogging the spotlight in such a position. He would litterally have to be put with a mute for it to work I think. Not saying it couldn't, just can't see it.

There seems to be a comparison to Miz...but that's wrong.

Miz was new to the business, not from it and made what at worst would be called "faux pas" but it was Benoit, who was unquestionably unstable who "kicked him out" of the locker room for "eating chicken over a bag". Bear in mind this is the company where people SHIT in Diva's bags and play ribs all the time but eating chicken was serious enough to even keep the ban after Benoit's death... with hindsight you could say Miz was hard done by and most of the Locker room probably would if they were truthful, but he turned it around so they'll probably also take credit.

Miz didn't have the benefit of 3 years of "Titan Training". he didn't have the benefit of guys like Regal, Dusty, Trips and the NXT trainers basically telling him what "not" to do.

Enzo HAS had all that... he has had years of training and being around important people in the business. He knows how the WWE functions more than Miz ever did when he got into his trouble, which makes it far, far worse as it could be seen as showing contempt for the business. Triple H was once accused of that too, for the Curtain call remember... it can be recovered from, but in both he and Miz's cases they were in truth, very minor infractions against a perceived "code", not breaking actual rules. Both guys had tremendous upside and learned from their folly and punishment.

Miz is actually someone who probably COULD help Enzo sort his shit out, but by the sounds of it, he really is too far gone in the eyes of those who matter, especially if substances of any kind are involved. If it is true that this shark cage thing is because he is deathly afraid of heights and designed as a short, sharp shock punishment then he has one last chance... personally I think it's a bad move, especially when people have been released like Drew and Jinder and turned things round.

Enzo doesn't have enough to offer to keep around if his behaviour is poor, and he probably won't modify it until he is fired... Sadly I get the feeling if they do let him go and he ends up in GFW,he'll be indulged and even worse rather than improve... you've only got to see how ADR has degenerated.

According to Dave Meltzer, the heat on Enzo has only gotten worse over the past few weeks, though Meltzer's report doesn't say what's happened or why it's gotten worse. If true, my guess is that Enzo is still doing the same stuff that's gotten him in trouble either as an act of defiance or he's simply too damn stupid to make necessary changes.

I haven't read any sort of mention about Big Cass having any heat, at least I haven't read anything in weeks. He supposedly had some heat because heat in the locker room due to being extremely vocal about his support for Donald Trump, as the majority of the locker room aren't Trump supporters. I don't know if there was ever any validity to this report as any and all mention of it has completely dried up.

I've been keeping up with this for a while now and I can honestly say I don't care.

The best thing about Enzo was the fact he was part of thr 2nd biggest face team after New Day. Now that they've split up (which I still don't get) he's got nothing worthwhile to offer that plenty of other people who can actually wrestle bring to the table.

I see him going a similar route as Jinder. He gets let go and matures outside of the WWE and starts to give a shit and they'll let him back.

I still won't care though so it's whatever to me

I didn't mind him in NXT when teaming with Cass. They had some pretty decent matches against The Revival, but to be fair The Great Khali and Heidenreich could have a good match with them

The whole "Who Ya Doin'" has just got boring and now that he's on his own he's be exposed as the terrible wrestler he is. All he has is his mic skills which are good, he just can't back it up.

There's other people who could and should be getting time on the main roster that he's getting. I know they're on Smackdown, but Zayn and Dillinger didn't have matches at Summerslam and they're way more talented and more deserving than that twerp Enzo.

I really hope that he leaves sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back