Big Cass Injured

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During a match with Enzo Amore, Big Cass suffered what appears to be a legit injury to his knee. WWE.com has announced that he did suffer an injury and will undergo an MRI Tuesday.

Cass was clearly frustrated while he was out on the floor as he's in the middle of what looks to be a solid push and said frustration tells me that Cass himself knows that there's something wrong.

A shame. He was just barely starting to find his footing on his new role and almost in the literal sense, he pulls a Kevin Nash.

It seems like whatever comes back from the MRI, it's probably gonna need surgery.

Most guys wouldn't have to worry that much about losing their spot, maybe fall back a couple of pegs and have to work their way back up, but Cass can be in very real danger of falling into obscurity by the time he comes back given how stacked Raw's main event scene is right now and the midcard could be the same in a few months.

A shame. He was just barely starting to find his footing
Well, obviously his footing was never found because then his knee would be in better state. Get it Coral? Footing? Foot? OK, Ill see myself out. :(

Shame for Cass. He was allowed to dominate Enzo and feel at least midcard push was on his way. Like this, dont know if he would ever get even that. Though with Vince obsession with "Big sweaty men" who knows.

Injuries are always bad. I don't know how much severe it is but it may affect him and his push badly. We've seen many initial pushes stopped due to injuries. Let's see what happens with Cass.

However, there are always exceptions like Roman Reigns so who knows what could happen. Cass surely has an intimidating look and I find him good enough on mic. Even more than Enzo. Easily credible midcard/upper midcard talent.

I would never wish an injury on anyone, but just stupid how Vince had to continue punishing Enzo by continuing this feud that had potential but went stupid. IT was supposed to be yet another squash match with Enzo getting very little or no offense but with what happened they had to declare Enzo the winner. I doubt seriously Enzo winning was scripted.

Should have ended at Summer Slam.

Get well Cass.

I never wish injury upon anyone, but this could be a blessing in disguise for Cass. He can finally get away from Enzo, and it gives him the time to, hopefully, come up with a better storyline for him. Whatever happened to him though, hope he comes back soon.

I'm hoping against hope, if Cass is out for an extended period of time, that he will return and reunite with Enzo. I hate that they aren't a team anymore. Enzo is too small to be taken seriously and his schtick isn't nearly as good without Cass. Big Cass is boring without Enzo. He is just another big man who turned heel. I'm a fan of both guys. They are much better off together than apart.

I don't think Enzo's size is much of a problem. Look at some of the guys who are much smaller that went on to become huge stars.

It sucks but at this stage, he might benefit from the inherent "retooling" that will go with any injury hiatus. By the time he gets back, Enzo will likely be fired or away far enough from him that he can start fresh with a new gimmick.

It might "set him back" and there's the danger he could be branded a new "Kevin Nash" tearing something every time they give him a push... but assuming he's out 6 months he can come back at The Rumble and make a massive splash, far out of the shadow of SAWFT.

Injuries do of course suck, but as I said with the Bayley injury, this might not turn out to be the worst thing. Now an injury is never a way to reboot your sinking ship of a career, but Cass is directionless and getting hardly any attention or love from the crowd. It's just not happening. This injury looks worse than Bayley's, but I guess that's pure speculation right now. That definitely isn't good, but if Cass is gone for a number of months, it might not be the worst thing considering the way that Cass has been handled since he and Enzo split.

I'll be awaiting the return of Big Cass to see what we will get from him. It's definitely not too late for him I don't think. For now, I wish him a speedy recovery.

WWE has confirmed that Big Cass suffered an ACL tear in his left knee, as well as a possible medial meniscus tear, according to WWE's ringside physician Chris Robinson. Robinson also confirmed that Cass is set to undergo surgery later this week and while the report didn't specifically state how long he'd be out, it did say that the injury Cass has typically takes about 9 months to recover from.

So basically, if I remember correctly, Cass suffered the same injury that put Seth Rollins on the shelf while Seth was on day 220 of his first WWE Championship run. Going by this and by how the surgery goes and physical therapy progresses, Cass will just miss WrestleMania next year.

I don't think Enzo's size is much of a problem. Look at some of the guys who are much smaller that went on to become huge stars.

Yeah, but those guys (Bret, Shawn, Benoit, Mysterio, etc) were miles ahead of him in the ring.

As for Cass, you have to feel sorry for him. He was finally ready to move on from the drawn out and boring feud with Enzo and Big Show.

No he's not great on the mic, but he seemed to be getting better. His promo in Boston (or maybe another city) where they kept booing him was great. WWE needs more traditional heels who are booed by the majority of the crowd.

Maybe it's not too serious. He has a bright future and has a legitimate chance at being one of the top wrestler in WWE for years to come.

WWE has confirmed that Big Cass suffered an ACL tear in his left knee, as well as a possible medial meniscus tear, according to WWE's ringside physician Chris Robinson. Robinson also confirmed that Cass is set to undergo surgery later this week and while the report didn't specifically state how long he'd be out, it did say that the injury Cass has typically takes about 9 months to recover from.

So basically, if I remember correctly, Cass suffered the same injury that put Seth Rollins on the shelf while Seth was on day 220 of his first WWE Championship run. Going by this and by how the surgery goes and physical therapy progresses, Cass will just miss WrestleMania next year.

That is a pretty significant injury. I think the estimates of how long it will take for recovery are generally a little overshot or at least put at the maximum expectation so that if the talent comes back anytime sooner it looks better.

But regardless of the prognosis, likely he will still miss all the way until next WrestleMania. He might be ready to come back with a 'shocking return' at the Raw or SmackDown after WrestleMania type of situation.

Injury is not good for these guys but sometimes it gives Creative a better chance to work on a more interesting arc for the character.

The problem I saw with the current Big Cass push was it seemed like because of what Enzo did backstage they were punishing him by pretty much textbook BURIAL, as in; making his character look like absolute weak garbage. By doing that it actually made Cass look pretty lame because beating Enzo looked like any 50 pound kid swatting a fly. NOT impressive, just simple.

Also Big Cass looks like a overcooked, overstuffed hot dog. Some guys can get away with trunks but it is not flattering on him. He would do better with a more Crush or Nash or Test looking attire.

Anyway, lots of time for him and WWE to re-think the whole thing before his return it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back