Enzo Attack & Cass Heel Turn Discussion

Khalifa

Where it at doe?
So in consecutive weeks Enzo Amore has been attacked backstage, both times no one saw who did it and Enzo doesn't know either. The Revival were spotted backstage last week during a Bayley(?) interview with them shaking their hands and looking a bit sketch. Big Cass has been mentioned by Corey Graves as someone who knows what happens, basically implying Big Cass did it. It's an interesting storyline that can lead to many different outcomes.

Personally I think it's too soon to split Enzo and Cass up, as they haven't even had a title run yet and they seem to be have been so close as the next team in the line so many times. I also think it's too obvious for it to be The Revival as well. I don't know who it could be but I'm expecting a swerve. These are probably all fantasy booking options as it will probably be Cass or The Revival in the end but a few things I'm thinking at the moment. With Graves being a heel commentator 99% of the time, it's a bit weird he is sticking up for Angle. While there is more chance of it being a completely different storyline, was it Angle that has brought in someone to attack Enzo and Cass, or maybe The Revival are like his new Worlds Greatest Tag Team partners. With Graves hating Enzo and Cass so much, he could be backing Angle and taking any possible spotlight away from him by blaming Cass. Heck that sounds even more ridiculous now that I've typed it out.

Where is The Club as well, I haven't seen them in a coulple weeks. Are we really going to get these guys going again?

Like I said; probably just wanting some fantasy booking at this point as you have two possible good options to go to really. What do you guys think? Who attacked Enzo?

I think it's Cass. This is a place where the writing team's creativity can show its merit and give us some mystery and swerves. I hope I am wrong...but I see it being another ho hum revelation and it's simply Cass.

I can see two possibilities. Either Corey Graves is leading The Revival to attack Enzo or Cass is the one himself to attack Enzo.

I won't mind Cass getting a good singles stint as I enjoyed it when Enzo was out of action due to injury. But I would rather like a tag team title win for Enzo and Cass. This team didn't win them in NXT either. And I won't be liking them splitting before the title win.

In nutshell, I'm intrigued about what happens now and that's a good thing.

Though I'm sure that the fine folks at WWE creative wouldn't have this, my first impression was that he just slipped and fell. We're speculating that someone cares enough about Enzo to attack him on more than one occasion, preferring to do so at RAW when Enzo doesn't even have a scheduled match. For me, in terms of motive, this eliminates all suspects.

The only way that Revival attacked Enzo, would be if they just felt like being dicks. Enzo doesn't stand in their way, and beating up Enzo doesn't send much of a message to the other tag teams.

Cass is a likely suspect because of how much he's playing up his love for his soul-brother Enzo, and it would play into a storyline about being stabbed in the back and such. Even then, did he hit Enzo so hard that he can't remember Cass beating him up? Maybe Cass wants the team to break up, but it's odd to me that he wouldn't just say "I want to go solo" and let that be all he has to do. Is Cass afraid of Enzo's judgment?

It would have made more sense if someone like Finn or Charlotte was being attacked backstage. In the real world, Enzo being attacked backstage either implies that he's clumsy as fuck, or that there's a lunatic running around backstage who only beats people up if they can't possibly defend themselves. I'm leaning toward the former.

Well, obviously the Revival and Big Cass are the two chief suspects as of right now, though maybe this could ultimately turn out to be someone completely out of left field. For instance, even though I'm 99.99% sure this won't be the scenario, it'd be interesting if this turned out to be Roman Reigns going full out heel. His explanation for jumping Enzo from behind? He could simply say "because I could" or "because I'm the Big Dog and I felt like it." It's sort of the same kind of mentality that Baron Corbin has in which he does things to faces, like Sami Zayn for instance, just because he feels like it. Jumping someone from behind, even if it's someone you wouldn't have to as you could beat them up face to face with little problem, just because you feel like it is deliciously heelish. It could lead to a singles program for Big Cass trying to avenge his little buddy, he possibly comes out on the losing end but makes a good showing for himself and is elevated in the process. As I said, there's almost no chance of this happening, but it'd make for an interesting twist.

Another question is do Enzo's attacks have anything to do with what's got Kurt Angle and Corey Graves worried? Are these two situations intertwined somehow? Is this the initial steps towards an in-ring return for Kurt Angle, possibly at SummerSlam?

Another question is do Enzo's attacks have anything to do with what's got Kurt Angle and Corey Graves worried? Are these two situations intertwined somehow? Is this the initial steps towards an in-ring return for Kurt Angle, possibly at SummerSlam?

This was my first thought. I've only seen the YouTube clips. So I don't know what order things happened in.

I'd like it to be The Revival as the matches that they had back on NXT were really good. Would love to see them again.

If it's Big Cass I reckon that they'd be moving Enzo to 205 live.

It's Enzo Amore. He probably slipped and fell... both weeks.

Seriously though, I just cannot see it being either Gallows and Anderson or The Revival. Firstly, Gallows and Anderson have been dragging out some sort of feud with Cass and Enzo since, what, just after Royal Rumble? It has been abysmal and I'm bored. And that's not their faults. The four of them are very entertaining in their own respects - it's just bad writing. Secondly, as for The Revival, I can't tell if WWE slipped up having them in the background of last week's shots, and so brought them in this week to make it one of those "we meant to do that" things. Either way, The Revival are likely above this. I can't see what message they are sending by taking out Enzo? If it was Cass in two consecutive weeks, that makes sense. But not Enzo.

It has to be Big Cass, right? Who else benefits from doing this to Enzo? I understand that they've never been champions, and I think WWE really screwed up with the Raw tag team division in 2016. Too much concentration was put on The New Day that no other team could get the room to breathe. But The Hardy Boyz are here now. The Revival are the next big thing for the tag team division (hopefully). Where does Cass and Enzo fit here? At least Gallows and Anderson are former champions and can ride on that success for as long as they need. Cass and Enzo have achieved nothing. I can only see a pay-off with it being Cass. Having said that, would anyone be interested? I think Cass could make a great heel, though I always pictured him as the big face personally. But do people care enough about Enzo? And where does he goes as a singles star? Is it the cruiserweight division like Chris Jericho suggested? Quite possibly.

Now if they link this to Kurt Angle and Corey Graves, that could be interesting. That is something else I'm keeping a close eye on, as it interests me as to what could be so big to involve both of them. Hopefully the pay-off with that is also worth it.

After Goldust and Truth and especially Gargano and Ciampa I think it would be too soon for another teammate turning on his partner and best friend angle. What if Kurt is bringing over American Alpha?

It was Rikishi. He did it......... for the Rock.

The whole storyline reeks of the time Undertaker was "found in a vegetative state" by Kane, and then Kane launched an investigation into it just to reveal it was him that done it the whole time. I'm putting my money on Cass.

I don't know, I haven't watched much Raw the past two weeks. Here are some poorly thought out ideas:

1. Golddust - he turned heel and will probably come out on top of R-Truth. A feud with Enzo may be highly entertaining between the old weird one and the young big mouth. Golddust could reveal himself as the perp on GTV.

2. Cass - singles scene could use a Baron Corbin type.

3. Revival - or any heel tag team.

4. Ellsworth - his allegiance with Carmella makes it a possibility.

5. Titus/Crews - gives them a reason to team and a feud

6. Nia - has she had anything to do lately?

7. Enzo - he faked it to throw Cass off his guard and will ultimately turn on Cass.

So yeah, Golddust makes the most sense to me and where I want things to go. It could give Enzo a chance for a little more legitimacy as a competitor while be at least interesting if not entertaining. Having Cass or Enzo go heel doesn't feel right. They have value as spokespeople for all the crap WWE advertises. Revival seems too obvious.

I don't know. Doesn't really matter if I keep finding myself distracting by other things like the Cubs and Scientology interviews.

Cass reminds me when hbk was found outside beaten to a pulp and hhh was on a mission to find out who did it only for them to reveal security cam footage of hhh attacking him

Obviously it's Cass but that doesn't make it a bad thing. He was pretty clearly in Vince's wet dreams the moment he debuted on Raw. He has a good look and can talk pretty well so let's see how he does.

However, he almost has to change his name. My wife watches very little wrestling so when she saw it was on she was like what did I miss? and I said that Big Cass is freaking out someone attacked Enzo and she said "...did you say his name was Big Ass?" I read a rumor a while back saying they were thinking of changing it to Colin Cass. Weak, but far better sounding than Big Cass.

I don't think people are thinking far enough back for this. You guys are saying that he was attacked last week and The Revival was seen.

You're saying he was attacked this week and Big Cass seems suspicious because it would be a "Swerve"

But think to yourself. What happened the Raw before the attacks started? It was the "selfie incident" where Enzo took a selfie with Apollo/Titus after the match which embarrassed them. Apollo Crews was pissed off by this.....then......attacks started and it wasn't mentioned again.

I think that's our prime suspect. It would make Titus and Apollo an official team and give them direction. Apollo and Titus are holding the smoking guns (not Billy and Bart)

Though I'm sure that the fine folks at WWE creative wouldn't have this, my first impression was that he just slipped and fell. We're speculating that someone cares enough about Enzo to attack him on more than one occasion, preferring to do so at RAW when Enzo doesn't even have a scheduled match. For me, in terms of motive, this eliminates all suspects.

The only way that Revival attacked Enzo, would be if they just felt like being dicks. Enzo doesn't stand in their way, and beating up Enzo doesn't send much of a message to the other tag teams.

Cass is a likely suspect because of how much he's playing up his love for his soul-brother Enzo, and it would play into a storyline about being stabbed in the back and such. Even then, did he hit Enzo so hard that he can't remember Cass beating him up? Maybe Cass wants the team to break up, but it's odd to me that he wouldn't just say "I want to go solo" and let that be all he has to do. Is Cass afraid of Enzo's judgment?

It would have made more sense if someone like Finn or Charlotte was being attacked backstage. In the real world, Enzo being attacked backstage either implies that he's clumsy as fuck, or that there's a lunatic running around backstage who only beats people up if they can't possibly defend themselves. I'm leaning toward the former.

I like the slip and fell theory. Enzo is kind of like a clown so its believable that he's just so clumsy that he's tripping over tables and expensive equipment and knocking himself out. It can go on for another month until they have actual footage of him slamming himself through a table by accident. Enzo can then feud with himself and have a strap match vs himself at Summerslam.

There's one possibility that hasn't been looked at...

What is Corey's current concussion status? Has it potentially improved to the point he could work a programme for example? Maybe not full time... but enough to maybe work a match or two but primarly work as Cass' manager!

If so, then he might be an option for being the mastermind behind turning Cass' head away from the team... WWE is missing a Heenan type at the moment and Corey could be that guy... there'd be the link from them in NXT, that Corey always had the mind and potential but his dream was cut short... they can storyline that his concussion was caused by Enzo etc... he's tired of life behind the desk or wants to prove himself and get some payback at the same time... Graves as a manager for The Revival, Cass AND possibly Alexa could work really well... or maybe HE is the guy who brings Asuka up...

At the moment, only Alexa has a title... but that works... she could join as a way to stun Enzo into losing. It also gives Bayley and Enzo the chance to interact, perhaps in a mixed tag match... The fans would pop for that.

It also addresses the Otunga issue... Booker is staying around longer than planned, perhaps to cover this angle for the Summer so Graves can be "off the desk".

It's Cass who did the attack, purely because Graves said he wanted to "shake the hand of the attacker.." and he shook Cass' this week...

It's Cass. I'm certain of it.

It's a typical storyline which has been done many times before. I remember years ago when the Undertaker was attacked backstage, and Kane was in a rampage, blaming all and sundry for it, and blamed Rey Mysterio for it.

Rey and Kane then fought at the PPV, and Taker returned, and chokeslammed Kane. It was then revealed that it was Kane who attacked Undertaker.

It has been done many times before. The Revival is too obvious at be suspects (and in mysteries, it is rarely the most likely suspects) and anyone else smacks of having someone completely from left field (like the time Rikishi, of all people, was responsible for running down "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, who he had no connection with previously), and that usually sucks when they do that, and smacks of desperation.

It also wouldn't be Corey Graves, as he isn't able to wrestle anymore, so unless he has been cleared to wrestle again, then it doesn't provide Enzo with any payback. He however could be ordering the attack, and may play a part in organising the whole thing.

That leaves two possiblities. Either it is Cass (which I would be excited about. I wrote a while ago that Cass could be a star and a future WWE or Universal Champion and top guy) or WWE will do what they have done, and forget the storyline, and we will never find out, like who wrote to Booker "I remember" or who pulled the briefcase away from Austin v The McMahons in the 1999 KOTR Ladder Match, or who was running GTV.

I'm tipping it will be Cass, and that they will book Enzo Amore v Big Cass at "Summerslam".

Where's the money in an Enzo vs. Cass match? I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to split up that way.

Like, why would Cass have to sneak around? Wouldn't Enzo still know that it was Cass who attacked him two weeks in a row? C'mon.

That being said, it'll probably be Cass and it will definitely be terrible.

There's really no good outcome here. Unless it was Broken Matt. Which it won't be.

Everything points back to a Hornswoggle return.

• Enzo is susceptible to injury. He's the easiest prey for the Wee man right now.
  • There may be some animosity with Vince choosing Kurt Angle as the Raw GM while waving off his own son being the Anonymous GM as a joke. Swoggle hated Steph running the show, too. But he wasn't ready to rage war on his halfsister. This could be Hornman sabotaging Kurt's reign. The time is right.
  • It's always Hornswoggle.
  • Sure, he's on Impact, but WWE has opened the door for people to pop in a day after another promotion uses them.
  • Leprechauns are abhorrent creatures and should never be trusted.

My second guess would be Cass. But I'm on to you, you fucking mogwai.

They want you think it's Cass so it probably won't be Cass. Or maybe being WWE, they want you to think it's Cass so it will be Cass.

Or, maybe being REALLY WWE they'll drop the whole thing next week and we'll never hear about it again.

On a more serious note though, I do think they're gonna drive the story in the direction of Cass being the one to attack Enzo. It'll cause dissension between the two blah blah blah, and then it'll be revealed that it was actually The Revival and they enter a program for a few months with Enzo and Cass going over.

Where's the money in an Enzo vs. Cass match? I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to split up that way.

Like, why would Cass have to sneak around? Wouldn't Enzo still know that it was Cass who attacked him two weeks in a row? C'mon.

That being said, it'll probably be Cass and it will definitely be terrible.

There's really no good outcome here. Unless it was Broken Matt. Which it won't be.

It's not a main event program. It is a match you have third or fourth on a card.

I can see Enzo as a future WWE IC or U.S. Champion, and Cass as a future WWE Champion or Universal Champion. The match itself might not be money, but going forward, it could be very profitable and build the singles careers of both men.

Also, Cass could have attacked Enzo from behind both times. This is even more likely if it is Cass doing it, as Enzo wouldn't be on the lookout for his best friend to attack him from behind. Besides, it seems that Cass is framing the Revival for it, so maybe Cass told Enzo he saw the Revival do it.

More I think about this I think the Cass/Alexa v Bayley/Enzo thing will happen... They really damaged both ladies this week with that crappy This Is Your Life thing... and if they're really going off the Bayley "never been kissed" angle... then it kind of makes sense that a Certified G/Bonafide Stud would be the guy to do it...maybe he can teach that... even if it's icky WWE/Vince style sense...

Graves as manager seems a no brainer... Booker is doing better than expected on commentary and Otunga can come back and perhaps benefit from working with him... so much more potential in Corey than just being a commentator, even if he can't wrestle.

I see it being Cass...OR some MAJOR swerve and it being The World's Greatest Tag Team/Team Angle. Either way it goes, I see the "Who Attacked Enzo?" and "Kurt's Scandal" storylines being tied in together. Maybe we're headed for a new faction Kurt Angle, Corey Graves, Big Cass, The Revival. If it does happen I see Triple H and Stephanie McMahon returning as babyfaces to feud with Angle and his faction. No matter what, I'd say Cass is coming out of all of this as a major star in WWE.

More I think about this I think the Cass/Alexa v Bayley/Enzo thing will happen... They really damaged both ladies this week with that crappy This Is Your Life thing... and if they're really going off the Bayley "never been kissed" angle... then it kind of makes sense that a Certified G/Bonafide Stud would be the guy to do it...maybe he can teach that... even if it's icky WWE/Vince style sense...

Graves as manager seems a no brainer... Booker is doing better than expected on commentary and Otunga can come back and perhaps benefit from working with him... so much more potential in Corey than just being a commentator, even if he can't wrestle.

They should have him pull Bobby Heenan duty, where he pops back onto commentary between managerial obligations.

Its Cass, he needs to be done with the dead weight, he has huge singles breakout star written all over him. Sometimes ther most obvious is the best. Like when HHH attacked HBK in 2002, we all knew this was happening, but the pay off was awesome none the less

Is it terrible that I don't even care who attacked him? The WWE has taken it upon themselves lately to make a lot of us not care about the tag team division as a whole.

Since Mania they have focused on 4 teams out of both shows, The Hardy's, Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club (to an extent, have they even won a match in a couple of months) and The Uso's. Teams like American Alpha, Ascension (don't laugh), Rhyno and Slater and the Colon's have either been forgotten about or been jobbed out.

I seriously thought they would do something with Enzo and Cass considering how over they were, but even they seem to have been thrown on the trash pile lately. Split them up, let Cass have his singles career and put Enzo on 205 Live, where he is sorely needed to liven up that crew.

Both shows are guilty of wasting the tag teams, although Breezdango have found themselves a gem in the Fashion Files. That is becoming my favourite part of SD Live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back