Elimination Chamber- General Discussion thread

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner

Sunday, February 21st is the date for the formerly titled No Way Out PPV which will now be known simply as "Elimination Chamber". A little more basic and to the point, I suppose.

We already have one match announced this evening for the WWE Championship.

Sheamus defending the WWE Title for Raw against John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase, and Kofi Kingston. It's interesting to note that the Trifecta of Terror ... the three superstars who all play hot potato with the WWE Title (Cena, Orton, Triple H) are all in this match. Frankly, that's not a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

However, we are bound to have an Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship, as well.

ECW?? Hmmm. Highly doubtful we'll see an EC match for that one, but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised on the other hand to see an ECW Title match in the very least, though, outside of the chamber.

And several other matches are bound to be announced as well.

Let's not forget that Edge will challenge likely either the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania, on top of that.

Discuss anything you want about the PPV, the matches you may want to see, the match we know of already, and anything else you can think of.

Im looking forward to EC already.

1. Raw EC - Ted / Randy will come to a head - and that leaves cena and hhh to fight it out - if they stick with original plans of Sheamus v HHH Mania for strap, what will they do with Cena remains the only real WM thought for the Raw side ?
2. i hope the miz drops u.s title at EC and gets the win at MITB.
3. Edge v Jericho could be an option but i see jericho in Smackdown's EC and possibly winning, leaving edge v jericho at mania for title and taker v HBK For the streak.

About the elimination chamber I am not that interested. Cena,Triple H,and Orton practically live with the title so wouldnt be suprised if they won and then had a fatal four way rematch on Raw to which Sheamus won the title back..lol Also the best thing would be for anyone to remove the title away from Sheamus. He is about like the Aj Styles of WWE. He can barely work a mic and has average ring skills not like the past WWE champions like HBK,Triple H,Nash,Hogan,Undertaker a champion should be someone with High entertainment value and decent rings skills (Austin,Hogan) or do both well (The Rock) Sheamus is at best IC title material at this point. Also to what point do I care about Sheamus he has nothing invested with the fans. He has no history of anything. Does Vince have Simon and Randy sitting backstage picking the next WWE champion. I am serious its getting like American Idol. Take guys like Clay and Rueben who have no music history and then hire them to a contract and they fizzle out. Because thats not how you get into the music business and thats not how you become a WWE champion. It takes years to earn like all the others did. Unless you show some amazing talent. Sheamus doesnt at all.

Ok now back to the chamber match. Please god let Sheamus loose I doubt that will happen. I will continued to barely seeing his match being blinded by the lights reflect off his freakishly pale skin. Then we have Kofi another guy who hits a couple of flips and high spots and now he is on the list of OVER RATED WWE guys. I guess the brand split has really limited thier rosters so now anyone gets a title shot. I predict Sheamus will win in what has become an uninteresting gimmick match. Oh Ted just isnt ready but he has done more than Sheamus to warrant a title reign. Thanks ECW show for over hyping young talent and giving them a title it has taken all the greats years to win. Wow oh glorious prestige WWE title!!

Sheamus and Edge looks like they are starting a fued anyway. Cena was setto fight the rock for mania but rock backed out which means they never had any plans for Cena to be champ but I guess it could change. Although it is sad to think Sheamus wins and continues his stupid unnecassary run as champion then main eventing mania. What are they thinking or do you people think Sheamus has had that long hard road to become champion?

Look at the people who crafted thier skills for a long time before they were handed a spot at the top by a close friend (Triple H the Hogan of WWE) HBK,Triple H,Edge,Austin, and so on. Those are all going to be considered great wrestlers. Bill Goldberg was shot to the top also and fizzled out to nothing.

Personally, I believe that HBK might be on his way to Smackdown. And here's why...

In the last two days alone, HBK has come up short on scoring his shot at Taker. HBK lost the Rumble and even worse, he lost his chance at the WWE title chamber match.

But here's the thing, he's one half of the UNIFIED tag team champions, which means he can compete on both shows. With that said, I believe HBK will use this clause to get a shot for the WHC Chamber, and win. Then he's going to win the World title, leaving Taker to use his rematch clause at WrestleMania.

Just a gut feeling.

I too hate Sheamus as champ!! For all the reasons as above..

I think we will see Sheamus retain his championship or HHH will win..If HHH does not win we will see a no.1 contendors match against him V??? And it will be HHH and Shemus @ Mania. On the Smackdown side of things Jericho should win...and him and Edge take it to Mania for the WHC. However, then I think we will see Michaels have some sort of deal struck to get Taker and will screw him in the EC. So we will see @ Wrestlemania...

HHH v Sheamus
Jericho v Edge
Taker v Michaels ( really hope it doenst happen but i think it will)

and ...if anyones noticed, the batista cena feud ended with cenas injury @ sumerslam 2008. Now, with CENA persuading Vinnie to let Bret back...and Batistas influence. We will see Bret/Cena v McMahon Batista in some shape or form. Could be two different matches but they will be intermingled.

So,

thats my EC and WM predictions

I think the Smackdown chamber will be:

The Undertaker v. Chris Jericho v. Rey Mysterio v. CM Punk v. Kane v. Batista

I imagine Jericho will win the title hear with help from HBK, trying to provoke him into a rematch at WM. And Triple H will win the WWE title and challenge HBK and Taker to a triple threat match at WM.

Leaving Edge v. Jericho for the WHC

First off, I am actually a little excited about the EC matches. I think that Ted is going to eliminate Randy and really get that split and subsequent feud rolling. Kofi has NO chance of winning, obviously. As previously mentioned, Cena v. Batista looks like a go for 'Mania so he isn't going to win. That leaves HHH and Sheamus.

Let me just say something to everyone that is freaking out about HHH/Sheamus "headlining" 'Mania. While it is likely that these two will face off for the WWE Title, it in NO WAY means that they are HEADLINING 'Mania. HBK v. Taker is going to be the headlining match. Regardless of where on the card the match happens, it is going to be the match everyone remembers. The last 2 Wrestlemania "Main Events" were Taker/Edge and Orton/HHH. However, I think that the argument can easily be made that the "headlining" matches at these events were HBK/Flair and HBK/Taker. So, just relax a little bit as I am sure that if/when HHH v. Sheamus happens, it WILL NOT be the last match of the night. With that being said...

I believe that Sheamus will somehow leave the EC with the title. While most fans will not be happy with this outcome, it makes sense for storyline purposes. I could easily see HHH winning as well, but either man winning leads to the same overall outcome...HHH/Sheamus at 'Mania with HHH leaving 'Mania with the gold.

As far as the Smackdown EC match goes I can see Jericho, Rey, Batista, Kane, and either Morrison(hopefully) or R-Truth(sigh) joining Taker in that match. I don't see Punk being in the match because I think that he is getting the Tag Titles next Monday, although I would love to see him in it as his StraightEdge Society gimmick with him as the cult-like leader is the best thing going in the entire WWE at the moment. With these contenders, only 2 people can leave that match, logically, with the belt; Jericho or Taker. Jericho, to me, makes the most sense. I saw earlier where someone commented that Jericho couldn't win because it would be the 3rd time that he won the title just to keep it warm for a returning face. Personally, I think that makes it more likely that he gets it, because Jericho has done this before and it worked both times.

With Taker losing, it makes the HBK-Taker match happen. I do not believe that their rematch needs to have a championship on the line. In fact, I think that it takes a little away from the match...a match that I don't actually want to happen. I loved their match last year, but I can't really see Taker losing yet(nor do I want to. I LOVE the streak and it shouldn't be ended until he retires, if it is to be ended at all). So, if Taker isn't going to lose, the match can't possibly be as good as last year's can it? Seriously, can it? If you think it can, please help me see how. However, as I have seen posted in another forum, the idea of having HBK win MITB and then challenge Taker that night is a FANTASTIC idea. If that was the scenario that played out, then I could see HBK beating him. Although it isn't likely to happen, it would be a fantastic story. Anyway, those are my thoughts on the EC and where WWE will go afterward.

a perfect build up for taker/hbk II can start at Elimination chamber , think about all wrestlers are in the chamber and taker is making hes entrance and from no where hbk superkicks taker! then assaults him brutally so brutal taker cant continue and cant even go to chamber and compete , this means taker loses the belt , (maybe someone replaces him in the chamber) Y2J wins the chamber match and edge challenges him , and taker is really pissed off about what happened and he accepts hbk challange , any thoughts about this

For awhile now I assumed HBK would screw over Taker at EC to set-up a match at Wrestlemania. However will Vince want to make HBK a heel? Last year they were able to pull off the HBK vs Taker match without either one being a heel but if HBK costs Taker the title I can't imagine HBK not becoming a heel in the eyes of the fans.

I liked this event the last two years, so hopefully this year will follow up good too...

Confirmed

Raw Chamber

I think that it is unlikely both champions will come out of this event with titles in tact, so I can't help but think that Sheamus will be out of luck here. I think he's probably to lowly to headline Mania anyway.

Who to win though? Triple H is always a possibility, as is Cena. Orton and Ted are obviously heading for some sort of implosion, and there's very little chance that MITB gold Kofi Kingston is going to be anywhere except there at the big event, not to mention the fact that he isn't main event material either. I'm tentatively predicting a Triple H win.

Smackdown Chamber

The obvious thing to say about this is that Jericho's presence in the match has planted a seed of doubt in my mind. R-Truth, Rey Mysterio and Morrison are all interesting enough, but none of them are likely to win. I see Mysterio and Punk being in a hair vs mask match at Mania, which only leaves Jericho and Taker. I was nigh on certain that Jericho would be facing Edge here, but as that isn't happening, I'm truly unsure as to what might happen. Jericho vs Edge is PPV worthy and it is going to happen at some stage, but I'm just not convinced its a Mania quality match. As a result, I'm saying a Taker retention.

With the way that the end of Smackdown was such a clusterfuck, I thought that it's possible that Edge may be a special referee here, but I'm not sure how it would work going forward.

Speculative

The chances are, this will be a 5 match card, so here are my speculative other three:

Christian vs Ezeikel Jackson

With the new name, I'm expecting a new title holder, and I think that we haven't seen the last of this. I don't really think there's much else to say really, except I imagine Jackson will win here and then go forward towards WrestleMania as a part of the new brand.

Shawn Michaels vs Kane

The two of them had an interaction at the Rumble and with Shawn's Undertaker obsession, this doesn't seem to unlikely. I think there is a reasonable chance this will happen, and if it does, I expect Michaels to pull out a win.

Edge and Batista

These two are going to be on the card. Edge as a referee seems more likely now, because I can't see who he'd face in singles competition, except maybe Big Show. Batista is someone I thought was guaranteed a shot in the chamber, but he isn't there and he's going to be on the card, so I don't know what he's going to do. He obviously has a plan, but I genuinely can't even speculate what it might be.

When I see a comparison between Sheamus and AJ Styles, I fight the urge to grab this can of deodorant and blind myself as much as possible, reluctantly, I will suffer instead.

While I am not entirely sure who will win either EC at the moment, I do like both of them lineup wise. Especially the Smackdown one, I really look forward to seeing what R Truth and John Morrison can do, I dearly hope they get a good showing though I dont expect either to win.

There have been talks about a Dx breakup and HBK - HHH faceoff at Wrestlemania, there have been more likely talks of a Taker - HBK rematch at Wrestlemania. This isnt the thread for me to express my opinion about either possibility, but there has obviously been buildup for either match. Just a little thought about the EC matches..

Depending on which match HBK is intended to fight, what if after all the entrances to either EC, we get a 7th entrance, Shawn Michaels, who will come down not to participate, but to watch in despair from the sidelines. We could get a few camera shots of a man watching what he feels is his golden opportunity being fought over by others. Its just a small touch, but it could really add to the tension as we would not know if Shawn will try to interfere or not.

Perhaps he could interfere, though I would rather he didnt, perhaps he could even come out to both Elimination Chambers, audiences would think he would interfere with the first EC, and would double take as he comes out to view the second EC and once again deny expectations by not interfering, just watching, and IF HHH or Taker win their EC's the match could even end with a staredown. Just a little thought for heat if necessary..

When I see a comparison between Sheamus and AJ Styles, I fight the urge to grab this can of deodorant and blind myself as much as possible, reluctantly, I will suffer instead.

You were just looking at what you had at hand, huh?

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more the Elimination Chamber seems like a pretty clever concept.

1) Ten men in the two EC matches are not going to a title match at WrestleMania. Well, at least nine of them aren't. They do, however, come out of the match looking great for whatever matches they will be participating in.

2) There are so many options that it keeps us on our heels until the Road to WrestleMania properly begins. Sure, there are one or two guys in there that just aren't going to win, but there are still quite a few routes to take and it's a smart way to keep us uncertain.

3) Good way to dethrone an otherwise dominant champion like, say, The Undertaker.

4) ???

5) Profit.

Well other than the two chamber matches, I don't think there will be much more to this show. I think we will get 2-3 more matches, 3 at the most probably.

HBK vs Edge - After Raw last week, HBK is desperate and has no other option but to challenge Edge for his Wrestlemania title shot. This would give something else to watch for on the PPV, and it could definitely be a great match. It could also set up HBK interfering in the Smackdown EC and screwing Taker out of a win.

Christian vs Ezekiel Jackson for the ECW title - With NXT debuting after EC and rumors running about Christian going to SD, I definitely see a passing of the torch match here. Jackson would be the perfect choice for a champion of a developmental brand. Maybe the storyline could be Jackson/Regal want Christian gone for good so if Jackson wins then Christian has to leave. Then after EC, Christian shows up on Smackdown.

I don't see a US/IC match here considering 12 of the company's biggest stars are locked in the EC. So we either get Mickie defending in a triple threat maybe against Beth/McCool. Or if WWE really wants to drag out the Divas title final, then we could see Gail vs Maryse here.

When I saw on Raw that Kofi and Debiase were going to main event in the Elimination chamber match. I thought two things.

1) Good, they didn't give up on Kofi just yet, I'm glad to see them giving him a shot.

and 2) This will pave the ground for Debiase v. Orton at Wrestlemania.

Than, on Smackdown, I saw the same thing with Morrison, and R-Truth. I felt the same way about them as I did Kofi.

I'm glad to see that WWE is actually giving this 4 guys a chance at a main event. In my opinion, I believe all of these guys deserve this shot, even though they probably won't win, at least they can all say they got a WWE/WHC title shot. I didn't watch Smackdown much until about 2 weeks ago, so I didn't get so see much of JoMo. But I remember R-Truth when he was still K-Kwik, and I was a fan then. Ted doesn't really do anything for me, and I love some of Kofi's big spots(Money in the Bank Ladder Match, last year).

Like I said, regardless that they won't win. I think the respective matches will give these four guys alittle momentum. They all deserve it.

With Taker and HBK retiring in a couple years, its time to move some of these guys up.

Not to be a buzzkill, but we thought the same thing would happen last year when Kofi and Mike Knox were in the EC. Kofi ended up being attacked by Edge and not even entering the match, and Knox was basically there to be thrown around.

That doesn't mean the same thing will happen again, though. Not necessarily. Although I do have to think logically that R-Truth is more than likely not going to receive any real strong points in the match, I could see Morrison being #3 eliminated at best (unfortunately, as I'd like him to be the last person Jericho beats). The same goes for Kofi. We won't see Kofi as the last person eliminated, nor Ted.

As long as they don't make these guys look like they shouldn't be in the same league as the likes of Cena, HHH, Taker, and so forth, then it should be a boost to their careers and allow them to pick up some steam for the Money in the Bank match. It's just a smart game to play it safe and assume that the WWE will probably just job them out quickly.

Well... the elimination chamber is over, and personally i believe the ppv was at best a 7/10 in my books. The only match i found even interesting was the raw elimination chamber. I mean it wasnt predictable like the smackdown one was. Everyone knew shawn was going to come in to cost the undertaker somehow.However the raw one not only had a surprize winner, but it even had extra shocker at the end with vinny mac came out. That makes me wonder why the wwe would chose to but the raw chamber first and the smackdown one as the main event, when the smackdown one was predictable and the raw one was shocking to the viewer.

And all the inprompt to matches that just makes me wonder if they write what they can and if they can fit it in they go with it. I find it stupid and makes it seems like wwe isnt a well oiled ship anymore. I dont know just makes me wonder what ever happen to the ppv's were u went to bed, thinking about raw tomm and what might happen.

Then you got the Miz pleading. why didnt the trainer come out like he did when christian was bleeding at TLC? Is this a sign that mybe wwe is going to allow blood on the ppv matches. What mania with out a little blood here and there?

So here is my question from last night ppv i have for the wrestlezone community

Do you think the raw match shoulda been the main event?

Whats ur feel on the inprompt to matches the wwe has been doing at thier ppv's?

Does the blood during the ppv mean wwe will allow it to be used for wrestlemania?

and finally a question i saw someone comment in another post. Do you think that vince made batista champion because, Bret cant wrestle at mania and there going to use him at mania to screw batista out of the title?

I feel this statemant might be true becuase all this happen after the raw were bret almost killed himself tearing up things. Mybe he told vince he couldnt do the match after this. So the creative team came up with this way to use bret so in the end he can say he screwed vince.

well this is my first Thread, So it might not all be spelt right or the right grammer. But i hope u get what i mean and the questions Thank You

7/10 seems generous, at most i'd give it a 3.

Raw chamber had its moments but was slow to start and had to much of "oh im hit so ill lay here for 5 minutes out of sight"

The following three matches were not only terrible and boring, but you could feel how dead the crowd was and I was almost falling asleep, no lie. Also..oh boy another shock addition match of miz/mvp. yawn.

SD chamber started off kinda meh, punk moment was great. wasn't bitter to see him leave. match was slow, boring, and predictable.

Very sorry I spent $45 on this.

edit: sorry for grammar/abrupt explanation, still feelin tired from boredom of ppv.

In response to Milfy21:

Firstly, if people weren't reading and speculating months in advance that Shawn and Taker were going to do battle at Wrestlemania, then the ending to the Smackdown Elimination Chamber would have been more interesting than what it was. Nothing shocks the IWC anymore because the IWC knows pretty much every story ahead of time.

Secondly, having Shawn cost the Undertaker the championship at the end of the show did not send the fans home happy but it did build storylines and the fans applauded the Undertaker as he left. Think about what would have happened if the childhood hero John Cena were to be screwed and beaten at the very end of the show. The fans may have been left with a very sour taste, especially since John Cena, like I said, it nearly every child's favorite wrestler. I agree with the direction WWE took with the match placement.

Addressing your impromptu match points, the show was shoddily put together. I think they put on the Raw Chamber first just to see exactly how much time would be left over before the Smackdown Chamber match. Once the writers had their time frame, they threw the Vickie Guerrero segment in and then had MVP and Miz wrestle. It had a "last minute" feel to it and it really disrupted the flow of the night.

When The Miz was busted open, they finished the match and then a doctor rushed in to help him with his blood. Jericho couldn't be helped because they were still in the middle of a major match and the trainers were probably instructed not to jump in because it would have disrupted the mystique and flow of the contest. I don't think that the PG rating will allow for blood, even at Wrestlemania, though I think we'll see some anyways regardless. Stuff happens.

And finally we come to Bret Hart. I still don't know what's going on with this. Bret's "injury" almost eliminates the possibility of him having his own match at Wrestlemania, so he may accompany Cena to the ring for his bout against Batista. I'm not sure he'll screw Batista out of the belt, but I'm positive that he will stop McMahon from screwing Cena '97 style (fake, of course.)

I thought the EC PPV was pretty good, not as great as it could have been, but still a solid show.

WWE Championship:

Possibly the best match on the show. Everyone looked good in here. Orton dominated before the Ted elimination. Sheamus looked credible starting the match as champion. Triple H was played as the guy with all the experience. Cena got the win. My only real complaint with the match was Kofi eliminating Ted. I'm not saying I have a problem with Kofi, but the whole process seemed pretty awkward. Possibly Ted could have done a little more before being eliminated, but whatever. Still a good match.

Batista vs Cena:

This was basically Edge vs Cena from New Year's Revolution in 06. Short, sweet, and builds Batista as a monster heel in the pocket of the boss. Why not make the "biggest" Wrestlemania match we haven't seen yet a title match? I'm okay with this one too.

IC Championship:

This wasn't boring as much as it was predictable. Kane isn't getting the IC title anytime soon, and McIntyre is still being built up. Simple, basic matchup here without any real spots or glare. I would have preferred a different match, but at least this could be called the blowoff of this feud.

Diva's whatever:

I don't know what is going on here. The title match advertised turned into a tag team match that no one wants to see. Why? I don't know, but this failed.

US Championship:

This was well done. It pains me to see MVP going nowhere fast, but the Miz (and the Big Show) are working very well together. The match itself was nothing special, but it continues to build up the Miz and gave the PPV a spot of blood, even if it wasn't in the Chamber itself.

World Heavyweight Championship:

Not quite as good as the RAW title match, but still good. Taker getting burned at the beginning shaved a good 5 minutes off the PPV time, as he pretty much sprinted to the ring. From the looks of the burn, that must have hurt. Punk got another big start but quickly was out to Mysterio. Not so sure what was going on here. The RAW chamber did a great job of selling the superstars to us, while this match did little more than establish a pecking order. Jericho and Mysterio put in some good work, but JoMo sold the match to me. He really did one hell of a job looking good while selling the injury. Don't know exactly where this will take him, but good things hopefully. The HBK interference I could have done without. I get the storyline that they are building, but I think it could have been done better. Still not terrible though, and an interesting way to close the show.

Overall, I'd give the show about a 7/10. It did its job leading up to Mania, while putting some guys over.

I thought it was a decent PPV. I don't like to give scores out of 10, so I'll just say it's not worth breaking your neck to watch if you missed it, but a lot of the results did leave room for some interesting angles, so it did make me want to see RAW tomorrow.

Like most, I was dissapointed that the advertised diva match didn't happen, but other than that nothing else seem to go bad. I didn't care for Jericho winning the title but there's still a lot of time for him to lose it. I was happy to see Batista take the belt from Cena as well as John Morrison looking strong in the chamber.

The RAW chamber was probably the best one out of the two.

Decent PPV overall. I was honestly surprised as to how the Smackdown Chamber match ended. I haven't been surprised with much of what WWE has done lately I DVR Raw and I fast-forward thru most of it, but tonight, I was honestly surprised with the ending of the Smackdown EC match, I think it's a great way to begin building the much anticipated rematch between Michaels and Taker. I was almost expecting it to go another way, my thought was, Taker wins EC, Edge chooses Cena, and Michaels comes back and begs yet some more for a shot at Taker at WM. But tonite surprised me, should make for some good TV before Wrestlemania! Can't wait!

Well, I haven't seen the show, but read the results... the rest of the card was really nothing spectacular, obviously, as most notable stars were involved in their respective EC matches...

So I'll just add my two cents on the outcome of those two Chambers. Now as for the Smackdown Chamber, Jericho seemed the logical choice from the beginning basically, and I'm personally happy to see him carry the belt into Wrestlemania once again. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but Jericho's only time as champion at WM was at WM18, where he not only was just holding the belt until Triple H came back and could take it from him, but where his main event match for the belt was also heavily overshadowed by the amazing Rock vs Hogan matchup that just stole the show when it came down to crowd reaction... I don't think I've ever before or ever since seen a match with quite that reaction, but I digress. So in short, I'm glad for Jericho since he's already turning 40 this year... I mean, he definitely still has several good years in him, considering he hasn't had to face many devastating injuries over the years, and is still in halfway decent shape for his age. But you never know how long one can still "go", and Jericho is overdue for another time in the spotlight anyways. Plus, the feud with Edge should be awesome.

Now for the RAW Chamber, the outcome of course was not easily predictable. But it was actually a pretty good move that Vince played the Deus Ex Machina card on this one (even if in a negative sense, at least for Cena) - we all pretty much knew Cena vs Batista was coming in some sort or form for WM26, but no one really had the title being involved in this constellation in mind, since both guys have enough star power to draw for a "regular" interpromotional match, and since Vince & Bret will most likely be involved anyway in that contest, one could've considered that enough draw in and of itself.

However, the fact that they add the title to a match this big (especially since it hasn't really happened before - I believe in their last encounter, Batista and Cena were both faces?) just increases the marquee value of the event by a very long shot, since Batista vs Cena for the title is > Orton vs DiBiase or Triple H vs Shaemus any day of the week. Also, it's a nice way to give Bret Hart his Wrestlemania farewell if he is involved in the main event in a managerial role (since I somehow doubt the Vince/Bret match will take place at this point, since Bret doesn't really seem fit enough to really fight a match on his own... but well, never say never - but in any case, we really don't need much more for this feud than Bret somehow slapping on the Sharpshooter on Vince somehow after the Cena/Batista match anyway)... Plus, the fact that Vince McMahon now "screwed" John Cena out of his title will be another reason more for Bret Hart to come back, and help John Cena since both Bret and Cena now "share the same story" with Mr McMahon screwing them over. Good swerve, smart move - you now have a matchup that means big money on ANY PPV event, plus added personal drama due to the involvement of the legit Bret Hart / McMahon feud - and WWE has proven that they still CAN do it if they want to, because that is EXACTLY how it is meant to be done. You have a main event title match that people care about, and it actually MEANS something. Well done.

So I guess WM 26 is shaping up quite nicely at this point... with Edge vs Jericho, Batista vs John Cena (supposedly w/ Vince McMahon & Bret Hart involved) plus the additional Undertaker vs HBK II match, we really got some high profile matches setup for this year, where every of those main events has the potential to not only be a really good match, and also has quite a meaning to it. Edge vs Jericho is fresh and is rooted a while back, which always adds to significance; the same goes for HBK vs Taker, which is rooted in WM25 and thus was more or less "a year in the making" (though I don't expect them to go as long as they did last year, simply because the rest of the card looks quite strong if WWE goes through with these matches), and Batista vs Cena should be quite good from a fan reaction point of view, especially with Hart and McMahon involved. Hopefully the US and/or IC and/or Tag titles are also featured in a prominent role this time, and then I guess WM26 could be one of the better one's we've seen recently.

Let's hope no one gets injured, and WWE don't drop the ball on the good feuds they're setting up here.

Reactions: TLC
I felt this PPV was somewhat lackluster, and not one match seemed to have any sort of build up. It was a if they thought, 'well people will watch for the Chamber matches anyway, we don't need any proper angles going into this.'

The Chamber matches you can't really build to anyway tbh, they are now just the set up for Mania fueds. The IC title match had no build, the Divas Tournament which was the only match that had any real build, was scrapped in favour of a tag match, and the US title match was thrown on the card at the last minute for the second PPV in a row!

In the RAW chamber, Kofi continued to impress me, Sheamus didn't do anything spectacular, Dibiase still looks green as fuck. You don't just stand there watching Orton go out the door when the Champion and Kingston are both standing across the ring from you. The announcers are there hyping that he made a career changing decision, that benefitted him for all of 20 seconds. And then to make it worse, we have HHH and Cena in the final two where there was a STF and that was all. You'd have expected them to go at it a little longer considering HHH had been on the floor recuperating for the last 10 minutes.

And then the cherry on top of that shit sunday was Batista coming out and beating Cena in about 5 seconds, making that entire match pointless. So now Edge is a face, does that mean Batista's going to get countless title reigns from 2 minute matches? Is Batista the new Ultimate Opportunist?

Then we had the IC title match. What the hell did they do with McIntyre's music? It nearly put me to sleep before the match even started. It's like they know he's boring so they're going to run with that as his gimmick. Hi gimmick isn't the 'Chosen One', it's 'the guy who gets beat on for 15 minutes, throws a thumb in the eye and hits a DDT, every single match he's in.' At least when Sheamus wins it's somewhat believable because he takes it to his opponents now and again, whereas last night i saw McIntyre hit maybe 2 clotheslines, 2 arm breakers and the rest of his offence were chinlocks and armbars. I'm hoping we DON'T have McIntyre/Kane 2 at WM. This was McIntyre's first match with a veteran, and personally i didn't enjoy it, so Drew didn't prove himself to be anthing special to me last night.

Divas Tournament was completely ignored so that we could watch Michelle McCool and Layla on PPV yet again. Both of them are terrible to listen to and McCool is the only one with wrestling talent out of the two (although Layla pulled out a beautiful rolling pin on Gail during that match, i was fairly shocked), and Maryse did nothing. Considering she's my favourite of the 4, i was most disappointed.

How are we supposed to get behind this Miz/MVP fued when all they do is have matches thrown together on PPV? Don't they think it'd be a bigger draw for the PPV if they actually announced that one of Raw's brightest stars in Miz, would be wrestling that night, instead of talking to him and then just saying 'now have a match!'? Another half decent showing from the two, but i think they're missing out on capitolising on this fued properly by not building up with it at all.

And finally the 2nd Chamber. I was surprised this was the ME as well personally, but it was definitely the better Chamber match imo. Looking at the line-up, i thought to myself, Taker enters last just about every Chamber match he's had so far, he's the only guy who weighs over 250 lbs, how are any of these guys going to actually beat him? R-Truth was disposed of far too quickly imo, JUST so Punk could rant a little longer. Don;t get me wrong i love the SES stuff, but not when they have to make another guy look like shit in order to introduce it in the middle of matches. It was hilarious during the Rumble, didn't work at all in the Chamber. Rey Mysterio put on a great showing for his second chamber match, and i swore that JoMo had taken Taker's head off with his springboard kick, that's probably the most impact i've seen him deliver with that move. Jericho's cowardess was also great to watch. Trying to re-seal himself in his pod was great, and Taker trying to demolish it with JoMo's body was even better. Once this match started however, it was fairly clear how the ending would come about. There'd been no mention of HBK the entire night, and as Taker was cutting across his throat, the guy's in the front row behind him started pointing under the ring, and i thought 'well, here it comes, Jericho's about to have his 5th transitional title reign' and then he did.

Enjoyable Chamber matches, the mid-card sucked overal i think, but we've had a couple of interesting swerves heading into Mania, and the card is starting to take form a lot more, and i eagerly anticipate March 28th.

Oh and all you Taker haters have to respect him more now after he was flame grilled before he even started wrestling last night. I thought he just tripped on his coat and was embarrassed, but this morning i see that his pyro engulfed him, and we were all lucky that the show didn't turn to tragedy right then and there.

Well the PPV was good and the good thing was about they gave both Chamber a good amount of time.

On the first Chamber match, well it was good althought yes, Ted looked like crap, first time I say this but the Man did not belong on that match, of course, that is just me.

The finish was asurpise to me since I expected for HHH to win or Sheamus to win, never saw the Pedigree coming and the later submission of HHH. Also liked what they did with Batista demolishing Cena, not because I hate Cena but because now they have a real reason to make that match and for Cena to go rampant againts the Animal.

The big let down fo me was the Divas match, just when you though they would give the Butterfly belt some credibility they spit on it and make a senseless tag match which was pointless and has no logic what so ever, Maryse touched Kim so there was supposed to be a tag.

The IC match made its point in putting Drew over as heel but that can come out on top by his own.

The US match wa sgood and made MVP look good but Showmiz even better.

The last Chamber was cool, whis at some point I would be more crowded since it pretty much showed more one on one contest and the eliminations were too quick, the last two were predictable but Taker and Jericho did a good job, also while they were there with Morrison it was good and the Kick from Morrison to the Undertakr looked really cool.

On the Taker Incident, man he really looked pissed the whole time, but he is very freaking professional, any one could have made a big scene but the guy got in the chamber and tooked as motivation to bee seen like a rabid dog inside his pond. I remember thinking (since I really didn't pay attention to the flame in the middle the first time I saw it) " Man Taker really seems ansious, what's up with that?" and then when I watched the replay I was like "Did the damned flame just got infront of him and he passed through it?" and then he turned his head to his right with a "What the f...?" face and threw his coat away, And then it seemed like he just took a bottle of water over his head or something.

Just for the record, it is not the first time this happens, I remember that in 1998, just before he faced Vader on Raw before Unforgiven he used to rise his arms and flames came out of the corners of the ring, well this time when he raised his arms and the ring post infront of him got lighten up a lot, Taker just took his face away from it but remaining in front of it and looked a little pissed as he entered the ring.

You can say what you want of the guy but man, is a tough SOB and and kept it going like a pro, I am a Taker fan anfter last night, damn I respect the guy even more than I used to.

i wasnt expecting BATISTA winning the title from CENA but i was expecting his interference, but im sure glad the pale glow in the dark rookie known a SHEAMUS didnt retain. BATISTA VS CENA WRESTLEMANIA.
MICHAELS interference also expected. MICHAELS VS UNDERTAKER WRESTLEMANIA(im expecting a double knockout).
KANE'S loss also expected, WWE never let him have titles.
i rate 4/10 for ELIMINATION CHAMBER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back