A tag team Elimination Chamber match?

CM Steel

A REAL American
The Elimination Chamber will make ten years old in November at the Survivor Series pay per-view this year. And we've seen WWE history being made in that Elimination Chamber for the past nine years. We've seen the EC match go from being a RAW only match, to finally debuting Smackdown stars. The "EXTREME" Elimination Chamber match for the now defunct ECW brand PPV. To the Elimination Chamber having it's own PPV event.

So now that the Elimination Chamber will be hitting double digits next month. Now is it time for a tag team Elimination Chamber match? The tag team division it's self is back to life! Thanks to Triple H from within the WWE. We've had all the tag team torney's, the tag team turmoil matches, and the tag team battle royal matches. Would it look silly to make a tag team Elimination Chamber match?

Let's take a look at this...

There would be six teams, featuring twelve WWE superstars, with two superstars fitting into one single pod. And instead of every five minutes that a team comes in the EC match, make it eight or ten minutes instead. I think that this kind of tag team match would take tag team wrestling into another level.

But how would a tag team Elimination Chamber match look to you?

the problem is seeing that most tag matches are getting only around 3-5 minutes on raw/smackdown, booking the usos against primo/epico for 8-10 minutes until say Airstrike / Hell No enter the match, makes no sense because the crowd hasn;t been given anything to be invested in the two aforementioned tag teams. I agree the tag team division is getting a push, but not all the tag teams are over with the crowd. Thus the overall EC tag team match will have a dead crowd for most of the match. For all the effort spent in building it up, a dead crowd isn't a reaction you want.

I don't think so. The Elimination Chamber has found a decent place on the Road to Wrestlemania as a last ditch effort to get a title match at the big show. It's a big time match and only the top prizes should be at stake.

Besides, 12 people in the Chamber would be nuts. Not in a good way.

Keep it 6 people (ie 3 teams) and it could work. Start with traditional 2 people with the random releases. Last man (or team) wins the belts. With many different dynamics then possible, for example: one team could be 1st and 6th to enter thereby creating a handicap situation for much of the match, or you could end up starting with a team who then wait to demolish each released wrestler within the 2 minute period. Interesting idea.

You all are stupid keep it simple and this could acutally work and be great. Start with only have 4 teams and put one person from every team into the chamber and then the remaining 4 start the match and every 5 min a chamber would open and last person/team standing would be THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!!

You all are stupid keep it simple and this could acutally work and be great. Start with only have 4 teams and put one person from every team into the chamber and then the remaining 4 start the match and every 5 min a chamber would open and last person/team standing would be THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!!

For someone who's calling everyone else stupid, you seem to fail at basic math. Four teams equals eight people, not six. And a chamber is designed two competitors to start out and for four to be in a pod. WWE probably could make a new chamber, but it costs money and WWE doesn't want to spend more money than necessary. They are owned by Republicans afterall.

As for the idea of a tag team Elimination Chamber, I always thought it would be a good idea. It also wouldn't hurt to have a six man tag version, sort of like how the WWE games have been for years now. It would be an interesting event nonetheless. But the question that should be asked is, what teams should be in the match.

Using the current tag teams, I would go with Hell No vs. PTP vs. Mysterio/Sin Cara. If not Hell no then you can swap out for Rhodes Scholars and put them in, although I see them being champions for a good while.

You could go about by having a six man tag match, like in the video games. If you've ever played Smackdown vs. Raw or WWE '12 you know how it worked. Two teams of three; with a random person coming out every so often. It could end up one on one, two on one, two on two, etc. Loads of possibilities.

I already can think of a pretty good three man team, or band I should say.

If it were to happen I think it should be used with 3 teams like others have mentioned. 2 guys from separate teams start it out then it runs like a traditional chamber match. Last team/teamate standing wins the belts. As for who would be in it? If it were right now Team Hell No, Rhode Scholars and Mysterio & Cara. For a match like the chamber you need big names in it. These are the biggest, most popular teams right now. If I could choose any teams I wanted I would put The Kings Of Wrestling, The Worlds Greatest Tag Team and MNM (obviously some of these guys arent together or in WWE right now but this would be a sick combination)...

The old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and that can be applied here. Why add tag team rules to the Elimination Chamber matches when they already work fine under the current format? It is a great way to determine the WWE and World Championship matches at Wrestlemania and are complicated enough to book under rules where it's every wrestler for himself.

The addition of teams would make it too complicated. Even something as "simple" as a triple threat between Hell No, The Prime Time Players, and Air Truth would be a cluster mess in an Elimination Chamber; and that's with only 6 wrestlers from 3 teams participating. If we had 6 entire teams in this thing that is 12 wrestlers participating in what risks being a disaster. The idea seems far better on paper than it would actually end up being if the match was booked. Interesting idea, don't see it ever happening though.

The old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and that can be applied here.

The addition of teams would make it too complicated. Even something as "simple" as a triple threat between Hell No, The Prime Time Players, and Air Truth would be a cluster mess in an Elimination Chamber; and that's with only 6 wrestlers from 3 teams participating. If we had 6 entire teams in this thing that is 12 wrestlers participating in what risks being a disaster. The idea seems far better on paper than it would actually end up being if the match was booked. Interesting idea, don't see it ever happening though.

I disagree with the match being a "cluster mess". What would make it more of a mess than any other 6 man tag? And the elimination chamber idea isnt so much "broken" as it is overused and bland especially with the PG rating getting rid of a majority of the brutality. Changing it up for once would be a unique way of adding intrigue to the match. Although I agree that I dont see it happening, I feel the match would work well and be thoroughly entertaining.

The idea of having 6 teams would be too match especially because I dont see 2 guys in one pod being anything but uncomfortable. More possibilities and excitement are present with 3 teams

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back