WWE Elimination Chamber General Discussion & Reviews

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Shane McMahon announced the return of Elimination Chamber as a SmackDown Live brand ppv and that the WWE Championship will be contested inside the chamber itself. We all know the rules by now so keep all fantasy booking cards, potential cards, various comments, etc. in here.

We know that WWE Title is going to be defended in an Elimination Chamber match at the PPV with the same name on February 12.

Basically, the question is whether you would like to see a Women's Elimination Chamber at the same PPV?

I would like to see it. In the last year or so, We have witnessed women in Hell In A Cell, Tables, No DQ, Steel Cage and IronWoman matches. Quite an improvement.

Smackdown does have enough talented women to make it work. Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Mickie James, Natalya and Naomi could surely work a decent match.

Yes or No?

We know that WWE Title is going to be defended in an Elimination Chamber match at the PPV with the same name on February 12.

Basically, the question is whether you would like to see a Women's Elimination Chamber at the same PPV?

I would like to see it. In the last year or so, We have witnessed women in Hell In A Cell, Tables, No DQ, Steel Cage and IronWoman matches. Quite an improvement.

Smackdown does have enough talented women to make it work. Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Mickie James, Natalya and Naomi could surely work a decent match.

Yes or No?

Yup, I think that's a great idea. And agreed, the Smackdown roster is deeper. Mickie being in it would provide some intrigue of if she's going to help Alexa throughout(and if so, why?) or will she go for her own? Alexa was telling Mickie what to do after the match and Mickie did it and then held Alexa's hand up.....why is she doing Alexa's dirty work? Will she turn? Etc.

Yes, absolutely.

I'm not sure I would buy, say, Nikki Bella, in an Elimination Chamber match though. No doubt, WWE has enough women across the board to fill the Chamber. Becky Lynch, Mickie James, Alexa Bliss and Natalya from SmackDown, and Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax and Sasha Banks from Raw, are all suitable candidates.

But, Nikki is a good worker. Naomi too. It would definitely cap it all off for the women. Plus I think the SmackDown women deserve a one-up on the Raw women. Simply for storyline purposes. The SmackDown women have been much more consistent and entertaining in my opinion.

No, I don't want it happening on the same show. Save it for next year when it can be the sole Chamber match.

I love the idea and they have the depth to do it. It's one of the few barriers the women have left to break down but when it happens because it will one day eventually, it should feel legitimately historic, it shouldn't just happen because it has to happen because the men are having one.

That's one of the main problems I had with the Sasha/Charlotte Hell in a Cell. Sure it was cool to see the first women's Hell in a Cell match, but how much bigger would it have felt if there weren't two other Hell in a Cell matches on the same card and if it happened on a PPV where Hell in a Cell matches weren't mandatory but instead happened because the storyline called for it?

That's ideally how I'd like the first women's Elimination Chamber to come about. I of course would like to see them get rid of the Elimination Chamber PPV but I wouldn't totally mind it if happened there, just give them the chance to shine by themselves. They deserve it.

I'm happy that Smackdown got the Elimination Chamber PPV, since as I said before, RAW has Hell in a Cell. Also there's TLC for SD and Extreme Rules for RAW, so the special PPVs are balanced between the two shows.

As for the competitors, let's see who we got that would fit in that match: Cena, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, plus there's Harper, Kane, Kalisto, Corbin and Crews, so I guess SD will be alright.

Who walks in there as champ? Well, it's either Styles or Cena, but whoever it is we can bet that both of them will be in it for sure. Who wins? My money is either on AJ or Cena again.

I'm wondering, since SD has a world championship Elimination Chamber coming up and not a #1 contender's one, does it mean that a SD superstar could win the Rumble?
Plus WWE once again started saying that the winner of the Rumble will get to the main event of WM. They only say that when the winner actually does get the main event and usually don't mention when they're planning to have the Rumble winner not compete in the main event.

With all that being said... KO vs Y2J is not WM main event worthy.. so, maybe they're actually planning Cena vs Taker for the title, or Cena vs Ambrose.

Unless something changes, the odds have shifted greatly on the SD Rumble winner, challenging John Cena, whose name is big enough for the 'Mania main event.

Unless something changes, the odds have shifted greatly on the SD Rumble winner, challenging John Cena, whose name is big enough for the 'Mania main event.

Cena will probably win title at Rumble, because it would be a good PPV to tie Flair's record. Otherwise, they wait til Mania to put title on him. Cena won't break record at Elimination Chamber, not big enuff PPV for that.

I'm happy that Smackdown got the Elimination Chamber PPV, since as I said before, RAW has Hell in a Cell. Also there's TLC for SD and Extreme Rules for RAW, so the special PPVs are balanced between the two shows.

As for the competitors, let's see who we got that would fit in that match: Cena, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, plus there's Harper, Kane, Kalisto, Corbin and Crews, so I guess SD will be alright.

Who walks in there as champ? Well, it's either Styles or Cena, but whoever it is we can bet that both of them will be in it for sure. Who wins? My money is either on AJ or Cena again.

I'm wondering, since SD has a world championship Elimination Chamber coming up and not a #1 contender's one, does it mean that a SD superstar could win the Rumble?
Plus WWE once again started saying that the winner of the Rumble will get to the main event of WM. They only say that when the winner actually does get the main event and usually don't mention when they're planning to have the Rumble winner not compete in the main event.

With all that being said... KO vs Y2J is not WM main event worthy.. so, maybe they're actually planning Cena vs Taker for the title, or Cena vs Ambrose.

There's nothing wrong with KO vs Y2J. A 20 year veteran who has held every title, and established a long friendship with his opponent against a crafty heel. Don't be surprised if its not the Main Event either due to SmackDown or a big Cena-Taker like match.

But don't worry its not the Main Event. KOs dropping the title to Reign's, turning on Jericho, and going after his US Title.

Okay, those are my Elimination Chamber Predictions:

Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
John Cena (C) vs A.J. Styles vs The Miz vs Bray Wyatt vs Tye Dillinger vs Shelton Benjamin

-All of the participants with the exception of Dillinger will be announced as enteries immidiately. Dillinger will win a Fatal 4 Way featuring Ambrose, Corbin and Ziggler to earn the final spot (by pinning Ziggler).
-The entrants will be as follows: #1 and #2 - Bray Wyatt and Tye Dillinger, #3 - The Miz, #4 - Shelton Benjamin, #5 - John Cena, #6 - A.J. Styles. Both Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan are going to be at ringside for the match.
-Dillinger will shockingly eliminate Miz first in the match, but be attacked by Miz allowing Wyatt to eliminate Dillinger. This will allow the tension between Miz and Dillinger get bigger and allow them to have beef heading into Mania (that's of course in a situation where Bryan is NOT cleared to wrestle Miz at the event).
-Benjamin will do some crazy spot from the top of the chamber.
-John Cena will eliminate Shelton after an AA on the steel.
-A.J. Styles will then be eliminated by Bray Wyatt, after he will be hit with a Super AA, and a Sister Abigail. Styles will go out angry to the commentary table and attack both Bryan and then Shane (setting up what WWE is building towards in Shane vs Styles).
-Cena and Wyatt will fight for about 7-8 minutes in the ring, when..
-Cena will have Wyatt on his shoulders, when the lights will go out - and Samoa Joe will be behind Cena. He attacks Cena from behind hitting him with 3 muscle busters. Wyatt will then pick Cena up, hit him with sister abigail, for the 1-2-3.
-After the match, The Wyatt's music hits, and Randy Orton is in the ring face to face with Bray.

Winner and NEW WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Bray Wyatt

Luke Harper vs Randy Orton
-This match builds itself up, as Orton needs something to do at EC.
-They will fight for about 15 minutes, with Orton winning clean, but have Harper look strong in the process.

Winner: Randy Orton

Singles Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Dean Ambrose (C) vs Baron Corbin
-This was buildup in the last few weeks as tension grew between the two of them.
-Both of them fight, and I will have Corbin win clean here.

Winner and NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion: Baron Corbin

Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (C) vs Naomi
-Looks like this is the direction they are going for here.
-I will have Bliss retain clean here, looking strong as champion heading into Mania, against her opponent...Nikki Bella.

Winner and STILL WWE SmackDown Womens Champion: Alexa Bliss

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Nikki Bella vs Natalya
-This was a long feud and it needs to be capped off well.
-The FCA stipulation fits what they did up until now, so why not?
-As said I believe they will go with Alexa vs Nikki at Mania, even though I would like to see Alexa vs James at Mania. But I predict what WWE will do.
-So Nikki needs momentum heading into Mania. She wins to cap off the feud.

Winner: Nikki Bella

Singles Match: Becky Lynch vs Mickie James
-The feud is pretty much a lock for EC.
-I think that they will go until WM with this feud, and won't do Nikki vs Becky and Bliss vs James, which is bad from one side, but Bliss vs James can be kept for Summer Slam 2017.
-Dusty finish happens here and it will be James cheating to win.

Winner: Mickie James

Tag Team Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: American Alpha (C) vs The Usos
-There is no other team for Alpha to face now, so I'll give them the Usos here whom they still have history with.

Winners and Still WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions: American Alpha

Kickoff Show:

Triple Threat Match: Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews vs Kalisto
-Pretty clear that this weird feud. I hope it ends here.
-Ziggler has the most to gain from this match so:

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match to determinate the No.1 Contenders for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Breezango vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillains vs Curt Hawkins and Mojo Rawley
-SDL needs to rebuild it's tag division now, and they need to create this big match here.
-Hawkins and Rawley will start to team up until Ryder is back, allowing a story between the three of them.

Winners and NEW No.1 Contenders for the WWE SD Tag Team Championships: Breezango

This will all lead that at WrestleMania we will see:
WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Bray Wyatt (C) vs Randy Orton
John Cena vs Samoa Joe
A.J. Styles vs Shane McMahon
IC Title Ladder Match - Baron Corbin (C) vs Dean Ambrose vs The Miz vs Tye Dillinger vs Shelton Benjamin vs Dolph Ziggler vs Luke Harper
SDL Womens Title Match - Alexa Bliss (C) vs Nikki Bella

Singles Match - Becky Lynch vs Mickie James
SDL Tag Team Championship Match - American Alpha (C) vs Breezango

WWE held its second PPV event of the year tonight which was also the first Smackdown exclusive event of the year. Elimination Chamber 2017. I had high expectations for the show going into the event due to the card. It looked great on paper. There were definitely some things I disagree with so let's get to it.

Pre-Show: Curt Hawkins VS Mojo Rawley
Boring and pointless. Hawkins sure has fallen now that he is losing to someone like Mojo. He'll be a jobber to the jobbers at the rate he's going.

Becky Lynch VS Mickie James
This was the second best match of the night. A fun opener that blew the other two women's division matches out of the water. Becky winning was a fun surprise as I had thought Mickie would win. It set the pace for the rest of the show which would not be able to match its quality at all until the main event.

Dolph Ziggler VS Kalisto and Apollo Crews [2 VS 1 Handicap Match]
This was kind of dumb. I did like the handicap stipulation though I would have preferred for it to actually have BEEN a handicap match, meaning Kalisto and Crews should both have worked the full match. Not sure what they were thinking here.

American Alpha VS The Ascension VS The Usos VS Heath Slater & Rhyno VS The Vaudevillains VS Breezango [Tag Team Turmoil Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship]
Ugh this was stupid. I don't get this match type. It doesn't make sense. Why couldn't it just have been American Alpha VS The Usos or even American Alpha VS The Ascension? The Champions should start the match if there's going to be a gauntlet stipulation. At least the champs retained.

Nikki Bella VS Natalya
WHY!? Why would they end this the way they did!?!?!?!? Awful, just simply awful. Natalya can only do so much to carry Nikki to a halfway decent match. This did not resolve their conflict. Worst match of the night.

Randy Orton VS Luke Harper
Ok, things got a bit better here. This match was a lot better than I thought it would be. Orton winning was absolutely the only option.

Alexa Bliss VS Naomi [Smackdown Women's Championship]
The match was fine up until the ending. I really hope Alexa gets the title shot soon that she asked for on Talking Smack after the show, and gets the title back. Naomi!? Seriously!? She's not championship material and never has been. They've lost their minds if they think she should be the champion going into Wrestlemania. Alexa should have retained and gone into a triple threat feud for Wrestlemania against Becky and Mickie.

AJ Styles VS Baron Corbin VS Bray Wyatt VS Dean Ambrose VS John Cena VS The Miz [Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship]
This match saved the show as it had been mostly going downhill after the opening match. I really enjoy this match type so I had been looking forward to the match. Bray's win is not all that surprising but I would honestly have preferred AJ winning. AJ VS Orton would be a better match. Those who were worried about Cena VS Orton being the main event of Wrestlemania can likely relax now. We're probably getting Orton VS Bray now so things could be worse. The match was good overall and the best part was The Miz lost. Having this close the show was an obvious call. Match of the night!

Overall Thoughts
The show was a step up from the Rumble. If Alexa had retained, the tag team "turmoil" had been a standard tag team match or a legit gauntlet instead, and if the handicap match had actually been a handicap match, then this would be a much better show. The Carmella and Ellsworth interviews in between matches were annoying also so I would have removed those segments from the show. That being said.... It was still worth watching. Check out Mickie VS Becky and the main event Chamber match if you missed this show. Raw's up next on 3/5 with Fastlane which has for the past 2 years been WWE's most useless PPV brand so I doubt the red brand will be putting on the better show, not after the namesake main event we got tonight.

Dagger's 2017 WWE PPV Rankings
1. Elimination Chamber 2017
2. Royal Rumble 2017

American Alpha VS The Ascension VS The Usos VS Heath Slater & Rhyno VS The Vaudevillains VS Breezango [Tag Team Turmoil Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship]
Ugh this was stupid. I don't get this match type. It doesn't make sense. Why couldn't it just have been American Alpha VS The Usos or even American Alpha VS The Ascension? The Champions should start the match if there's going to be a gauntlet stipulation. At least the champs retained.

All things considered, booking wise, I felt it was a fantastic match. The only reason the champs didn't start was because of Heath and Rhyno being given a spot to shine. That's basically the only reason. And I like that. American Alpha haven't exactly lit my pants on fire since they became champions anyway. I will say, that I'm getting tired of The Acension's burial. It was just a sad sight to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back