ECW can now be watched online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall_of_Jericho

Break Me Down.
Hey guys in the last few minutes WWE's homepage has changed showing this update:

5671800xk0.jpg

Beginning this Wednesday, our fans can now relive the action of ECW on Sci Fi in a single, uninterrupted video stream right here on WWE.com. Not just that, but you, the fans, will also have the opportunity to name this brand-new feature!

For the first time ever, fans can watch Tuesday night’s ECW in its entirety each week from the comfort of their computer. In celebration of this unprecedented event for WWE programming, you are invited to come up with its name. Submit your ideas and WWE.com will choose the top five entries. After that, you get the final say by voting for which of the top five should be the title for this groundbreaking Web feature.

Also, this unique platform will be your opportunity to see the exclusive footage WWE Mobile on AT&T subscribers see first. Catch the After the Bell exclusive video as part of the ECW on WWE.com full stream every Wednesday.

Miss some of the action Tuesday night on Sci Fi Channel? Want to see an incredible moment one more time? Want to participate in this extraordinary experience? Check back with WWE.com this Wednesday and be a part of history.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/articles/5617438/ecwstream

Is this the Plan-B if WWE don't renegotiate with Sci-Fi? There insurance policy to bail them out. Turn ECW into an internet only broadcast like Heat is?

Watch this space I guess.

I predict the return of velocity. Only this time it will be called ECW and will have less talented superstars.

I don't care. You're not going to get me sitting in front of a comuter for an hour watching wrestling. I can watch short clips and matches on You Tube. But I find it hard to get into anything longer.

I think it is time to take out any talent left on that show (CM Punk, John Morrison), and make it Smackdown's B show. Change the name to something edgy... something like... Acceloration!...or even...Velocity! What is the big problem with having just two shows anyway WWE? It actually makes more sense, there are two teams on Survivor Series or 5, not 3 teams. The live audiance getrs the same treatment. This way they will have more talent. ECW can have their Big Daddy V. Heat can have its lower stars. It is just more natural to have Raw, with Heat, and Smackdown, with Velocity.

I thought the idea of merging SmackDown and ECW together was a better idea, but meh if they do this hopefully CM Punk will go to Raw, lol. ECW isnt exciting enough as it is, with people such as The Miz on the show, no wonder nobody watches it. But if people like, CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke and Kevin Thorn get put on Smackdown or Raw then it might not neceserally be a bad thing.

I thought the idea of merging SmackDown and ECW together was a better idea, but meh if they do this hopefully CM Punk will go to Raw, lol. ECW isnt exciting enough as it is, with people such as The Miz on the show, no wonder nobody watches it. But if people like, CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Burke and Kevin Thorn get put on Smackdown or Raw then it might not neceserally be a bad thing.

i disagree, the brand has something and will suceed none the less, dont protest the brand and help it to grow, yes theres too much wrestling but i dont want it to die, its the best show on wwe at the moment,

This is almost definitely the beginning of the end of ECW. That, or WWE are publicly admitting how worthless that brand is. The worse thing that can happen is Punk being dragged down because of it, but he'll probably survive it like a survivor from the Titanic.

Anyway, the only way I'll be watching it is in the likely event I've got nothing better to do. If there are replays I might just listen for anything exciting happening while I scroll the forums looking for naughty posters.

If it was the best show in WWE at the moment their ratings would be higher than 1.5. ECW started of positive, they had a decent roster with wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Big Show, CM Punk etc, but their roster just got so bad it makes ECW unwatchable. I mean, The Miz.. what the hell has this guy got to offer, I hate his gimmick and I hate his wrestling 'skills' and I hate the fact that he beat Benoit on SmackDown. CM Punk is carrying ECW on his shoulders, so in all hounesty I dont think its a bad thing ECW is going to turn out like Heat, because its been a sinking ship for the past 8 months.

I think this may be wats best for the wwe right now. ECW's rating's are dwindiling and their roster is like 10-12 guys. I think they should make ECW just like heat and allow jobbers and people not getting pushes compete on their and have guys like Punk, Morrison, Burke, &Thorne in Smackdown. I think doing this may help boost smackdown's ratings + freshen up some feuds. I for one probably wont watch it just like heat but it maybe whats best for the wwe right now.

This was inevitable. Ever since they resurrected ECW I knew it wasn't going to last more than 3 years because of one main problem: It isn't EC F'N W! It is a piss poor attempt at making another RAW or SmackDown and now it is just like Heat or Velocity with a title, WWE just moved back a step. Does anybody remember when Heat and Velocity used to air on TV? What eventually happened to those shows? They were taken off TV and placed on WWE.com. After that, they were cancelled altogether and it looks like ECW is following the same path to destruction. They should end ECW now and take the four guys that they care about(Punk, Burke, Morrison, and Viscera) and put them on RAW and SmackDown, the rest of the stars on ECW would have been eventually released or demoted anyways since WWE is on a firing spree recently.

I am hoping, probably like many others that this could still be the death of ECW. I understand that they have resigned but rumor has it Vince isnt happy. I would gladly watch ECW on WWE as a developmental territory and send the rosters to Smackdown! and RAW.

This won't help the ratings, but at least people might bother following ECW now that it's on wwe.com. Still as many said this is the end for ECW. Vince is lucky the Sci Fi renewed them for a year. Most likely after the new contract with Sci Fi is done they probably won't resign. ECW is going to be like Velocity on wwe.com for a while then WWE will realise that no one gives a shit and cancels it. They should have never renewed ECW, the only three talented wrestlers are Elijah Burke, John Morrsion, and C.M Punk. I never liked the new ECW, but now with the majority of the ECW Originals gone it's just WWE/ECW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back