ECW Saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
The ECW brand is going to be sticking around after all. WWE just sent out the following press release:

SCI FI CHANNEL REUPS WWE®’S ECW® THROUGH 2008

New York, N.Y., October 23, 2007 - SCI FI Channel and World Wrestling Entertainment® today announced that the hit program, ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling®, will continue on the network through 2008.

WWE is also the producer of the No. 1 weekly basic cable TV series, “Monday Night RAW®” on USA Network.

This year (Jan-Sept), SCI FI has been the #1 cable network for men ages 18-34 in ECW's Tuesday 10pm time period.

For more information go to ECW.com http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ and www.SCIFI.com.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com .

Well I was one of those hoping that ECW would be dead. I mean least then the ECW roster could be going to Smackdown and we just have have the two brands again. ECW has only 12 guys on the roster and they all could fit much better on Smackdown. I guess this is a way for WWE to keep helping the younger guys develop before moving, but I just dont like it. Now my question is will teh combination of the roster stay or go away slowly? I think they will keep it but should have let ECW die.

Well I still like having the brand since it develops young talent but it's basically dead, 12 guys on the roster isn't going to cut it. It's about time they start bringing in some new guys before the brand goes to shit. Which it's in the process of doing so already. I would have liked to see Punk and Morrison and a couple of others go to the bigger brands but in the end there's the risk of them being buried. I'm sure the more they continue to build up the sooner they will move.

One thing is for sure, It's time to find more young talent.

I was really hoping to see ECW dead too. At the very least, I'd like to see them continue to use both rosters in sync. Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, the answer isn't to take wrestlers from Raw or Smackdown and add it to ECW. Why? Because then you have 3 mediocre shows instead of one good one, one mediocre, and one crappy. If you can use all ECW and Smackdown wrestlers on one show (and if that's too much, send some over to Raw to balance it out) then you don't have the wrong people getting pushes. ECW right now honestly uses THE MIZ as one of their main guys....its pathetic lol. Hopefully with this combination deal, we might see matches like Finlay versus CM Punk....Elijah Burke versus Matt Hardy......enough other people so that Khali doesn't wrestle again haha....

I was really hoping to see ECW dead too. At the very least, I'd like to see them continue to use both rosters in sync. Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, the answer isn't to take wrestlers from Raw or Smackdown and add it to ECW. Why? Because then you have 3 mediocre shows instead of one good one, one mediocre, and one crappy. If you can use all ECW and Smackdown wrestlers on one show (and if that's too much, send some over to Raw to balance it out) then you don't have the wrong people getting pushes. ECW right now honestly uses THE MIZ as one of their main guys....its pathetic lol. Hopefully with this combination deal, we might see matches like Finlay versus CM Punk....Elijah Burke versus Matt Hardy......enough other people so that Khali doesn't wrestle again haha....

Its funny how this has become a post about ripping ECW, seriously out of all of the wwe's programming its the best, it has great matches and great talent, but thats the trouble with the IWC we make things soo damn confusing, people hate trips because he is constantly carrying raw, and you got a guy with no talent (Khali) in title feuds on smackdown, now in ECW there is none of this, you have fresh new faces and mid card talent moving to the title picture, the brand is everything that i as a wrestling fan hope for, and am glad that it still is on tuesday nights, i hope nothing but big things from the wwe, and hope to see the brand evolve from its 12 man roster.

The future is bright for WWECW

well the good thing about ECW is that guys like punke, morrison, burke and others get some good tv time, and can improve on mic skills and ring skills there with less pressure on them, but i also think it would be better for ECW to just have died...

if they wanna use ECW as a training sorta like program then bring some guys from OVW up, they have many guys in OVW, try them out! the ECW roster really needs them

if WWE wont bring in new guys from OVW then drop ECW and send the talented guys to SD!, i actually think they will fit well there, imagine how good the midcard in SD! would be

the US championship would have lots of competitors, like Burke, Morrison, Punk, MVP, Matt, kevin thorne? maybe.. i dont know

but SD! could use burke, morrison, and punk a lot for the midcard, hell throw rey in the mix too, since hes not gonna be much use in the main event seen for a while...

Dammit is all I have to say. I dont have much of a problem with ECW, but I thought that it would be interesting to see what the WWE did next. I thought for sure that it was over with the "merging" of the Smackdown! and ECW brand. I was a little dissapointed after I read the article.

Now that it seems that ECW is going to be sticking around, I'm interested to see what WWE does. It looked to me as if ECW was going to fade into another web show like Heat, but now that's not the case. I'm also wondering if the combination of SD! and ECW will continue or not since they no loner need it to keep guys like Punk and Big Daddy V on tv. I'm looking to see ECW evolve a bit soon though. I think WWE may finally realise that having a 12 person roster just won't cut it as people will get sick of seeing the same thing week in and week out. What I would like to see from ECW is what it basically was a while ago with the new breed. ECW was pretty much a place where young talent got established like Burke, Punk, and even Morrison for that mater. I say it's time to start bringging some people up from OVW and give them a shot on ECW, even if it's just to get more on the roster...

I'm fine with it. Considering that ECW & Smackdown will be sharing screen time. I think it has real potential. This could be a good way to build up both brands so that they get equal PPV time with Raw.

ECW on it's own with it's own roster, doesn't intrest me. But together with Smackdown is should be pretty cool. All WWE need now is to stop this tri brand PPV crap. Have Have Raw & ECW/Smackdown B shows.

I never really got what they were trying to do with ECW. After the 1st One Night Stand, I was quite impressed the way they actually didn't stray too far away from the way it used to be presented. But ECW was always a niche alternative to WWE, and it was a refreshing alternative.
A large number of newer fans may not even realise what ECW used to be like, and I can only urge them to youtube some classic matches and feuds, search out RVD & Sabu, Mikey Whipwresck, Raven, even Benoit Malenko and Guerrero and of course taht classic Pillman promo from 96.
I just don't understand why Vince wouldn't want to keep it more like it used to be, surely attracting fans of a different type of wrestling to what is still part of the WWE product would be a good thing??
Why fire Sandman, Sabu, let RVD go etc. I dont know.
I was hoping they would keep them all and try get people like 2 cold Scorpio, Raven, maybe even the Dudleys etc, and use them whilst integrating new wrestlers into the stories.

Still, it is just one of many things that WWE hasn't taken advantage of.

Can anyone say WCW invasion????!

im glad that wwe brought back ecw as a third brand, as i did not get too see much of the old ecw, because i was too young, but i have searched HEAPS of old ecw matches and promos on youtube and was extremely entertained, i could watch the old ecw for hours... i honestly dont know how they managed to go out of business... poor management skills, or talent being picked by other companies? not sure...

but i think after seeing the old ecw for myself, that the wwe is going about it the wrong way, they desperately need more depth to there roster, as im sure everyone here knows already. i remember reading an article on wrestlezone saying that the wwe was going to bring up some new talent from there developmental areas? if this does happen they need to bring back the ecw tv title or a diff mid card title for the new guys to feud over, cos you cant just have EVERYONE on the roster vying for the world title. also have more extreme rules matches, not just one every now and then or for the halloween episode (dreamer vs nunzio).

also bring back the originals, kiss there ass, pay them thousands, or millions of dollars to come back, sabu hates the wwe, but do you really think he would turn down $700,000 + a year??

anyway i think everyone has heard enough of my rambling, so off i go.

:twocents: theres my 2 cents...or 3...

I really wish the fed would let ecw loose as a fan of the Ecw from the beginning i get a lil tear watching it now, but maybe they can fix that with a new year and new talent...and maybe drop this rule bout there being rules in ecw Heh heh. Working alongside smackdown stars may help the newbies...Hey since when is punk considered a newbie he been round awhilr lol.. work on all the attributes inside and outside the ring.

I think that they need to get all of the unused talent from RAW, and Smackdown (Shelton Benjamin, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Yang, Charlie Haas, etc.) to ECW, and move the cruiserweight Title over there, rename it The TV Title, and have some more extreme rules matches, if they do that, then ECW might be a liitle more credible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back