Extreme Elimination Chamber

RavenEffect__

Dark Match Jobber
Source: WWE.com

At an ECW show today in Milwaukee, Wis., ECW’s “Messiah” Paul Heyman declared that Rob Van Dam will, in fact, receive his ECW World Title opportunity at December to Dismember. However, Heyman also made the monumental announcement that RVD’s title match will take place in the first-ever Extreme Elimination Chamber.

RVD earned his chance at the championship last week in a Ladder Match and, as announced on ECW.com earlier this week, Van Dam selected ECW’s next pay-per-view on Dec. 3 as the setting for his title opportunity. However, the stipulations for that contest fall under Heyman’s own judgment.

Thus, ECW World Champion Big Show will defend his gold against five other Extremists within the lethal chamber structure. In addition to the Extreme Giant and RVD, the remaining four participants will be determined through a series of qualifying matches that will take place over the next few weeks – the first of which can be seen Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi.

The only thing more dangerous than the chamber itself will be the throng of hardcore competitors enclosed in its massive walls. Who will qualify for this unprecedented encounter? Exactly what awaits RVD, Big Show and the other Extremists at December to Dismember?

Tune in to ECW on Sci Fi to learn more about this unique and extreme event and be sure to catch December to Dismember on Dec. 3 on pay-per-view.

Wow. This sounds very interesting. This match will either be very extreme like TNA's Lethal Lottery or it will be very boring. I would buy December to Dismember just to watch the match if it is that hardcore.

Mr.SmackDown said:
Wow. This sounds very interesting. This match will either be very extreme like TNA's Lethal Lottery or it will be very boring. I would buy December to Dismember just to watch the match if it is that hardcore.
I doubt it will be as hardcore as it will be hyped up as. That's what WWE usually does with matches like this.

Danm, that sounds like a hell of a match, I wonder who the other partipnats will be, my geuss is, Test, Hardcore Holly, Sandman, and Matt Striker

Test, Hardcore Holly, RVD, and Show have all had interwineing storylines recently so thats why I think Test and Holly will be in there, Sandman had a Title match a couple weeks ago and is feuding with Striker so thats why I think they'll be put in it, and to be perfectly honest Ib wouldn't be surprised to see Test win it if RVD doesn't

Im excited. I beleive the "extremeists" sould use the chamber as a weapon diffrently than the regular superstars has. We've seen RVD in the chamber, he was impresive. It's good to see diffrent names in the structure.

THis should be a sick ass match. For my 5 I'm going with

Big Show
RVD
CM PUNK
SABU
Tommy Dreamer

RVD
Big Show
Hardcore Holly
Test
Sabu

Probably the 5 that are going to be in the match. Sandman and Striker are feuding on their own, and for CM Punk, it's way too early.

For some reason I think WWE is doing this because I dont think the ECW PPV will sell very well with what they have on the roster if there isnt some weird stipulation in it. I have always thought ECW should branch out and be its own product instead of being considered a 3rd brand for WWE. We all arent that stupid...we know its under the WWE banner. I am just wondering if they will do this same type of match in January since it has been a staple in the NYR PPV. If ECW has this type of match on the PPV, the mid card matches are probably gonna be like shit, because there will be 6 top ECW stars in the main event...these are things you have to think about...I want the whole PPV to be great, not just pay 40 dollars and have it be worth one match...thats bullshit. Anyway, RVD, Show, Sabu, Sandman, Test and Holly will be in the chamber. Honestly, I think this is a huge blunder on the part of WWE

there's 6 people in the elimination chamber

besides big show and RVD my picks are

sabu
test
sandman
hardcore holly

as for mid card matches ECW stills has Striker, CM punk, Dreamer, Balls, Thorn, Dupree, Knox plus many more to work with to create mid card feuds.

Does this mean no elmination champed at NYR? Seems stupid to have elmination chambers on two WWE ppv's in a row.

Participants, I don't know, but 3 are shoo ins- RVD Sabu and Show
Sandman is probably in plus Holly, and i don't watch enough to say a 6th name here.

If they make all the matches on the PPV extreme rules, then maybe they will be worth watching. They've cut the extreme rules matches out of TV completely. Maybe they're doing it to save them for the PPVs. But it's probably too much to hope for, and it'll just be a boring PPV. 40 dollars for one match doesn't make me want to buy it...

Big Show
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Sandman
Hardcore Holly
Test

Many wants CM Punk to be in it, but I don't think he has reached that main-event scene just yet.

I believe its way to early to put CM Punk or Striker in that match.. I believe those 2 will either have a match at the PPV or face someone else.. These are my picks tho..

Hardcore Holly
Test
RVD
Big Show
Sandman
Sabu

The only person I really wish wasnt going to be in it is Holly.. He doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the ECW Title after botching and making that match with Test so boring.. Test had some part of it as well.. But Hardcore is blamed imo for the most part.

^theyd be my picks as well...but maybe thorn instead of one of them?

Regardless of who is in it, I believe RVD will come out on top
Its time for Big Show to step down since he is in so much pain, and this is a good way to lose the belt

If there going to have 6 top ECW talent in the chamber, this only means more stars from RAW and Smackdown are going to be on this PPV. I would like the following in the match,

Show,RVD,Sabu,Test,Tommy Dreamer, and Terry Funk. Knowing WWE, one of the participants is going to be Matt Striker.

I believe if any, they will have 3 originals (RVD, Sandman & Dreamer) and 3 new ECW wrestlers (Holly, Test and Big Show). That's also 3 faces and 3 heels. I think it's a good move to give the EC to ECW because it'll make it more interesting. Perhaps they will have weapons in the ring or even barbed wire (unlikely even though Paul E 'said' they would still have it when they first intro'd the new ECW). BTW, shows how useful ECW is if they can turn a low card jobber like Matt Striker into a main event contender. Perhaps SmackDown could learn a thing or two with their wrestlers.

I'm undecided on this. The Elimination Chamber was always a special thing. Every year at NYR, 6 men would fight it out for a World Title. Now they're putting it on 2 PPVs in a row?!?! The hype may or may not drop, as the "WWE" (Smackdown! and Raw) Superstars cannot talk it up as "It's this time of year" etc. However, this move has it's plus sides. After all, and this is a point many of us have realised, ECW is supposed to be EXTREME. Over the past couple of weeks, Hardcore Holly vs. RVD and Sandman's Cane is about as hardcore as we've got. Maybe it's just me, but IMO it's not satisfactory. The Elimination Chamber could be that next step ECW needs to take to, if they can, become what they once were. Another thing is it gives more interest in the PPV. If this match is hardcore, some people are going to spend $40 to get it.

BUT, it's major downside is the potential lacklustre-ness of the PPV. Take ECW's top stars - Show, RVD, Sandman, Sabu, Holly and Punk/Striker. What does that leave you with. Answer? Not Much. No-one is going to sit watching shit-house promo's and average matches.

So, I have reached a conclusion. I cannot see enough benefits of this structures inter-brand movement and promotion, and thus, it looks that negatives outweigh the positives for the long term.

They called it Extreme when theres nothing Extreme about it unless they put weapons in the chamber itself then it's no different from any other

I don't know how they can possibly make this PPV 3 hours and interesting with no tag teams and no titles other than the ECW world title. I wish they would introduce a tag team title already, but nobody at WWE seems to care about the tag team division lately, seeing as they've made the spirit squad carry it around for the last 6 or so months without defending it except maybe 5 or 6 times.

i can see rvd or sabu doing some crazy shit in that too comin off the very top or something thats y im hoping sabus gonna be in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back