ECW Originals vs New Breed

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
When Mr. McMahon visited ECW on Sci Fi for the first time in January, he immediately made it clear that he looked upon the pioneers of ECW – men like Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu and Rob Van Dam – with disdain. The key to ECW future, he said, was new blood, young, polished, smart athletes like Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von and Kevin Thorn.

And so the turf war between the ECW Originals and the New Breed – a clash between ECW’s past and present – began. The members of both teams may hate to admit it, but they may have more in common than they realize. Once upon a time, as Dreamer pointed out on ECW on Sci Fi, he and the other ECW Originals were young, innovative and considered brash upstarts, just like the New Breed. And the members of the New Breed are hungry, eager to make their mark and to show their opponents and the sports-entertainment world that they are the present and the future in the Land of the Extreme.

When ECW began in Philadelphia more than a decade ago, the ECW Originals were that hungry. Now, the New Breed may have reignited that fire in the Originals. We’ll know for sure only after the smoke clears following the clash between both factions at WrestleMania 23.

Both sides have traded victories in singles and tag team competition for months on ECW on Sci Fi and neither has been able to gain a decisive advantage. But their eight-man tag team showdown at WrestleMania 23 may decide once and for all who will rule today’s ECW and take it into the future.

From wwe.com

I think this could be a good match, but then again it could flop big style, which is what I'm worried about. I also feel they haven't really built the originals vs New Breed up enough for this to be the end of it.

I think that individual feuds between each of the four of each time will continue to go on into the ECW One Night Stand ppv. I can see :

Sabu vs. Elijah Burke
Tommy Dreamer vs. Matt Striker
Kevin Thorne vs. Sandman
Marcus Cor Von vs. Rob van Dam

I can even eventually see two originals feuding together, and two of the new breed feuding together. Probably Cor Von vs. Thorne and/or RVD vs. Sabu.

This match is not worthy of Wrestle Mania. The only person who need's to be on the card is RVD. Would anybody really give a shit if the other wrestler's made it onto the card. Striker, Burke & Cor Von could'nt even make it into the Rumble match. I'm sure it will be a perfectly good match but it's just pointless. Also I think Balls should be part of the Original's team. Just put Snitzky, Holly or Knox on the New Breed side.

Hang on I just ealised that Balls is not in it, that's a bit weird. I'm hoping they use it to bring back Heyman, but likely that's not going to happen. And like J-Diddy said this is definately not a wrestlemania match, it's more of a survivour series type match. It just seems really rushed together, if I was RVD I'd be a bit miffed with that type of match.

With the angle on ecw with Burke asking Punk to join the new breed, I think it will have an effect on the match at mania. Punk will probably ponder the question for a while, with everyone expecting him to side with the originals because he is a face. But this is the perfect chance for Punk to turn heel. He can come out at the end of the match, and instead of helping rvd he turns on them, and joins the new breed! I dunno just an idea here, but I think the 8-man match should be set under extreme rules. If it is then it has the potential to be an excellent match.

I think it could be a great match. But it just seem's like a 'B' show match. If it was under Extreme Rulez it would be better. Three member's of the Original's cant wrestle and I remember Striker from his indy day's and I think an E.R. match could show what he can do. And Cor Von always had exciting gimmick match's in TNA.

J Diddy I think you're wrong, since a guy like Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown) is definitely worthy of Wrestlemania, and even main eventing some time in the near future. He just hasn't been given a good push in the WWECW yet.

Looking at the card... I think this is actually going to be one of the matches that "save" the show, even though it's really not going to be that good.

J Diddy I think you're wrong, since a guy like Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown) is definitely worthy of Wrestlemania, and even main eventing some time in the near future. He just hasn't been given a good push in the WWECW yet.

Looking at the card... I think this is actually going to be one of the matches that "save" the show, even though it's really not going to be that good.

That last part made no sence. it's going to be one of the match's that save's the show even though it;s not going to be that good?

Cor Von is'nt worthy of W.M. maybe in a few month's he ight have been. But would he have been missed if he'd been left off the card? No. And so far he's been given a perfectly good push by WWE standard's.

The match is going to be interesting enough, but ECW has more time than any other show to focus on a feud like this, and even though some of the guys aren't great wrestlers (putting it lightly a little bit there) they really could have made it interesting. As the one ECW match on the card, I don't really have much expectations for it and I don't think the fans really care. The Originals couldn't give two shits anymore about the WWE, but I hope that they put on a hell of a show for the crowd at Wrestlemania to show that they still have a lot in them (which RVD and Sabu do) and will really make the WWE feel stupid for canning them like they have.

This feud is proving to be a great move for developing new talent, and it's really putting guys like Striker and Burke into some form of limelight and it is really making the future of the WWE look good, even though the ECW Originals deserve better. Surprisingly, the WWE still makes this feud worthwhile and competitive, even though the New Breed seems to come out on top all the time, but it really shows that the Originals don't care because there is a definite feeling of a lack of passion from them, but you can't blame them for that with the way they have been treated.

The match should be decent if the two sides bring their A Game into the match, which definitely should go for longer than two minutes, but one thing I get from this match is that it really has nothing going for it. The spotlight is already focused on McMahon and Trump, and Taker/Batista and Cena/Michaels are right after that, and a match like this is barely going to get a reaction. Just a blatant card filler in my opinion because the feud really shouldn't be worthy of a match at Wrestlemania, but I guess it is enough for the WWE who's first priority is to build up the main event and just toss everything else together at the last minute. It is pretty much certain that the New Breed are going over because the Originals will be leaving very soon after, and the WWE wants to disgrace them even further before they go.

It's just another match that is just getting guys on the card, and guys like RVD should really be in feuds that matter, and that is exactly what he could be doing, but Vince McMahon and his big head keep guys like him from achieving what they deserve in the WWE. The match really should have a stipulation because that is what will make people want to see it. We can see a normal tag match between the two teams all the time on ECW TV, and the fact that they are showing just that on what is meant to be the greatest PPV of all time and have the greatest matches, is just pointless.

they certainly should make this match a extreme rulz match. or if not and its too extreme then it least make it an elimanation match then. well its going to be a pretty good match anyway but i expect the originals to win. i see rvd pinning striker.

punk will turn heel, after being pissed about not winning money in the bank he'll come out and turn heel :) and punk will get a bit more of a push

A Punk heel turn coudl be the start of something awesome. As much as I like RVD, i think Tommy Dreamer (Because WWE don't use him to his 'hardcore' potential), Sabu (Because he messes up in matches so many times) and Sandman (Mr. One Trick Pony) are all past it.

Elijah Burke is a huge talent, as is Punk, so making them allies could work really well for them, alternatively a feud would be cool, throw in some extreme rules matches and other matches such as tlc etc. it could put both of them on the map.

Since we all know that the origionals are not going to win it...lol....I think that the fued will not work....BUT I think you are right about the fued....I think it would be an awesome fued.....but w/ benoit going to raw...and maybe cm punk?.....isn't raw flooded?....why not send some ppl to the other brands? We can only hope!

I notice that barring the previous post all the comments here are all about the match itself. Whether we think it'll suck or not is, at this point, moot; it'll happen.

What I want to know is who will win it? Sense might dictate that The New Breed will win, but The Originals have been gaining their victories in recent weeks. Someone stuck a boot up someones ass and I think they've finally realised that they're fighting for their careers.

As for Balls being absent I think he may well be injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back