Dusty Rhodes Passes Away

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
http://www.wwe.com/inside/dusty-rhodes-passes-away-27496030

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away today at the age of 69.

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

[youtube]9py4aMK3aIU[/youtube]

Rest in peace, Dream.

yikes, 3 of us all thought to make a thread at the same time. horrible news, cant be easily summed up what he has given to the business

Dang man. This one came out of nowhere. I'm not sure what to say on this one. It's always sad to hear when it's this sudden.

Heartbroken.
My buddy sent me a text about this and it's one of those like "Nah that can't be true" moments.

I enjoyed his feuds with Randy Savage and The Million Dollar Man as well as his promo style.

Sad day for the business and a sad day for a lot of people in the business as well as his friends outside the business and his family. Sad day for a lot of us fans both of him and for the business in general. Including those who have no idea the impact he made on the business and continued to make right up until his death.

Kind of surreal still.

Rest In Peace Dusty. Live the eternal American Dream.

I was never a big fan of Dusty but I haven't been able to do much since I read this. It's always strange to see MSN or ESPN talking about a wrestler in any fashion but it was clear that he was a legend. I'm really surprised that this has gotten to me like it has but it goes to show how much these people get inside you over the years.

A punch to the gut and a knife to the fuckin' heart, man.

One of my first wrestling heroes when I began watching back in 90', and easily one of my favorite personalities around today.

I think I may have been at his last televised match, live, in 2006. I entirely lost my fucking mind when that music hit, just as Dusty Rhodes deserved.

Im so glad his last nationally televised promo was shitting on Steph-infection like no one else is allowed to do and then getting in trouble for it :lmao:

You are the fuckin' man Dusty.

This man will forever be one of the best ever on the mic. Huge part of wrestling history & certainly one of my favorite old school talents. You will be hard pressed to find many who had more an impact on the business like he has. From his in ring stuff, all the booking throughout the years & his great work with the NXT guys.

Thank you Dream. You will be missed by us all.

RIP to the original "Star Dust". At least now he can dine with Kings and Queens every night and got a chance to work with his boys one last time.

For anyone who hasn't got a chance to read this yet, I recommend that you do. It's a tribute to Dusty written by Sami Zayn, and it's just great.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smklsp

His performances enthralled the world, no arena was too big for Dusty Rhodes.

When you show the world the kind of love that he displayed, your memory gives people who are struggling that extra push they needed to climb life's tallest mountains. He loved to perform and we loved him for it. Absolutely irreplaceable; he'll always have a place in our hearts.

See you on the other side good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back